player 2 (resized).jpg
player 1 (resized).jpg
high score (resized).jpg
MPU & driver boards (resized).jpg
credit ball-in-play (resized).jpg
Farfalla2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5399 (resized).jpg
IMG_5400 (resized).jpg
There are 3,461 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 70.
#551 8 years ago

i agree he's done Zankor and Mexico 86 and Locomotion.

#553 8 years ago

I will contact him. Thanks

#554 8 years ago

Did you finally get a Robot repro backglass? That's awesome news!!!!

#555 8 years ago

no, never happened. I just ended up going with BGresto. Had him use my files.

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I thought I should ask here before I do it.
I noticed that led's flicker in zaccaria's much like early Bally's. So, I'm wondering if the same mod I do for Bally lamp boards will have the same effect.
I solder in 470 ohm SIP resistors on the back side of all the pins going to the lights, then tie all the common legs to a wire that is then attached to one of the feature lights in the backbox.
I've done this to multiple Bally boards with great success.
Can anyone confirm this will be ok to do on a zaccaria lamp board?

image_(resized).jpeg

Don't do it. That will hurt the value and the boards are not common. Better to buy non-ghosting LEDs.

#557 8 years ago

Finally finished the work on my Robot There's still a couple of minor tweaks to make but all in all I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_8237_(resized).jpgIMG_8237_(resized).jpg

IMG_8240_(resized).jpgIMG_8240_(resized).jpg

IMG_8234_(resized).jpgIMG_8234_(resized).jpg

IMG_8227_(resized).jpgIMG_8227_(resized).jpg

#558 8 years ago

i'm blind! You running 12 V on the lights? why is it so damn brite?

#559 8 years ago

Question for the philosophers..........
Why does a robot need a cape?

#560 8 years ago

This has been in storage and sitting in a home unused for years. Was originally used on location but not for long as it shows in great condition.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'm blind! You running 12 V on the lights? why is it so damn brite?

I think that's more the sh*tty camera on my iphone, it doesn't look that bright when you're stood in front of it

Quoted from RCA1:

Why does a robot need a cape?

He doesn't need it, he wants it

#562 8 years ago

Go sober shopping out this shooting the Rapids tonight. Outside the one display needing repaired, it is finally fully working

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#563 8 years ago

I got to play my freshly restored magic castle last night. It's very fast and challenging! I'm liking this a lot!!

#565 8 years ago

Anyone looking to buy time machine?

#567 8 years ago

is it normal to have blue drops with time machine guy on the Magic Castle ?
nice restore btw
i wish i had space to get magic castle or locomotion or robot, dang not happening any time soon, gotta keep dreaming for now

#568 8 years ago

yes time machine does not have blue drops. IT has orange and red

#569 8 years ago

This is the time i'm going to hate owning so many zacs. LED displays for all of my games. 51 displays total. All ready for me to build. I have a feeling i'm going to be really sick of this after a short period of time. The first pic shows what it looks like when it's done. It's my sample to go off of. Let the games begin. Oh how I love thou Zaccaria. My labor of love for my babies.

zaccaria_displays_before_assembly_005_(resized).jpgzaccaria_displays_before_assembly_005_(resized).jpg
zaccaria_displays_before_assembly_004_(resized).jpgzaccaria_displays_before_assembly_004_(resized).jpg
zaccaria_displays_before_assembly_003_(resized).jpgzaccaria_displays_before_assembly_003_(resized).jpg
zaccaria_displays_before_assembly_002_(resized).jpgzaccaria_displays_before_assembly_002_(resized).jpg

#570 8 years ago

Neo what did that cost?

#571 8 years ago

5 displays done so far. Just the display board, not the driver board. Technically I have 51 driver boards to make and 51 display panels to make. So 102 altogether.

1 week later
#572 8 years ago

Embarrassingly dumb question: How do you pronounce "Zaccaria?"

I've only ever seen it printed and, using my Italian pronunciation, figured it was zah-CAR-ree-uh (rhymes with an opera "aria").
But I recently heard someone say zack-uh-RYE-uh.

So what's the correct pronunciation?

#573 8 years ago

zah-car-REE-uh

#574 8 years ago

po-TAY-to

#575 8 years ago

i say zac-A-rye-a. just to be different.

zac_mexico1_(resized).jpgzac_mexico1_(resized).jpg

zac_mexico2_(resized).jpgzac_mexico2_(resized).jpg

#576 8 years ago

When you start a game on Robot it says "Challenge the robots of zah-car-ree-uh" so I'm assuming that's the correct pronunciation

#577 8 years ago

Lol.... Its about time someone else figured out how cool space team is. I'm guessing you got to try my old one at rons....clay?

I told him it would only go to him if i found a replacement..... I ended up finding the prototype machine. It wasn't far from the factory in Italy. Shipping and translating was a pain...but it got here.

#578 8 years ago

the roms on games call it zak ah ree ah.

I say Zak uh rye ahh

#579 8 years ago

Neo, you need an assembly line.

#580 8 years ago

I'm trying. Trying to recruit my 11 year old to help me with soldering. She likes to solder too.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from ronsplooter:

When you start a game on Robot it says "Challenge the robots of zah-car-ree-uh" so I'm assuming that's the correct pronunciation

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the roms on games call it zak ah ree ah.
I say Zak uh rye ahh

Are any of the syllables accented when the game says it?

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Are any of the syllables accented when the game says it?

It's Italian and pronounced Zac ca Ree ahh.

#583 8 years ago

Space Team is awesome. 4 ball multi-ball too.

zac_spaceteam1_(resized).jpgzac_spaceteam1_(resized).jpg

zac_spaceteam2_(resized).jpgzac_spaceteam2_(resized).jpg

#584 8 years ago

A pretty rare 1979 Zaccaria Hot Wheels.

zac_hotwheels1_(resized).jpgzac_hotwheels1_(resized).jpg

zac_hotwheels2_(resized).jpgzac_hotwheels2_(resized).jpg

#585 8 years ago

I have instuction cards made on the zaccaria instruction card thread for hot wheels. and many other zacs.

#586 8 years ago

You should make them for all the games! I need some for some of my games that haven't been done yet

#587 8 years ago

i'm working on it. I do the games I have, and people have sent me requests to do things like acrobats, and hot wheels. Eventually i'd like us to have all zaccaria cards in that thread.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Embarrassingly dumb question: How do you pronounce "Zaccaria?"
I've only ever seen it printed and, using my Italian pronunciation, figured it was zah-CAR-ree-uh (rhymes with an opera "aria").
But I recently heard someone say zack-uh-RYE-uh.
So what's the correct pronunciation?

Zack-Car-Ija, atleast that what i heard it being said as here in Europe.

Btw, why is Grand Lizard linked in this thread? LOL

#589 8 years ago

zac_mysticstar1_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar1_(resized).jpg

zac_mysticstar3_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar3_(resized).jpg

zac_mysticstar2_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar2_(resized).jpg

#590 8 years ago

Very jealous of the mystic star. I would certainly love to own one of these. Surprising that the playfield layout doesn't represent any complexities or even similarities as any other Gen 2 like the upper playfield, or outside lane flippers, or even unique toy. Understandably its a conversion kit, but still surprising nevertheless.

#591 8 years ago

Not really a conversion. Dedicated cabinet. Yes the mpu is a modified -35 but that's about it. This was always mystic star was never another game.

#592 8 years ago

what's it a conversion of then? and why does it have LED displays like new stars phoenix?

#593 8 years ago

It's dedicated and they are gas displays but Bally type. It was not converted, it was always a mystic star. Look at the coin door it's a zac door. I'm trying to figure out if the code is Bally or zac. Sound card is zac very unique sounds.

#594 8 years ago

what i'm saying is that IPDB labels it as a conversion. If it was suppose to be a conversion...what is actually converted?

They looked like LED displays, must be the red throwing me off from the looks.

#595 8 years ago

That's just it... it was not converted from anything. I need to investigate the ROM file though and see if it's highjacked Bally code, or custom code. Frankly i'm not sure why Zac even did this. The game is pretty basic given it's time. No ramps, no background sound, pretty 1979 but made in 1986. Why would they do this? The IPDB says the game was sold as a complete game, minus the MPU board (and probably the SDB and LDB and displays, which are Bally style.) The rectifier board/transformer is Zac, as is the sound board, custom boards just for this game. And all the wiring is definitely Zac. What was going through their minds?

#596 8 years ago

I'm in. Broke my Zac cherry with Universe. '

DSC00801_(resized).JPGDSC00801_(resized).JPG

DSC00798_(resized).JPGDSC00798_(resized).JPG

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

That's just it... it was not converted from anything. I need to investigate the ROM file though and see if it's highjacked Bally code, or custom code. Frankly i'm not sure why Zac even did this. The game is pretty basic given it's time. No ramps, no background sound, pretty 1979 but made in 1986. Why would they do this? The IPDB says the game was sold as a complete game, minus the MPU board (and probably the SDB and LDB and displays, which are Bally style.) The rectifier board/transformer is Zac, as is the sound board, custom boards just for this game. And all the wiring is definitely Zac. What was going through their minds?

Seems like zac was looking for ways to cut costs at this time. I think they were trying to boost sales by offering cheaper games than everyone else, instead of going the innovative approach like years before. Stars phoenix and spooky , they also cut down on the traditional wire pipeline style plunge. I think they were struggling and didn't know what else to do. Offering a game without boards, had to be cheap to make. might have been 1/3 the price to sell. If it only was missing boards and software. I think it's incorrectly labeled as a conversion then. Someone needs to write an indepth book, on the history, and details about the zaccaria company. Plus, insight to what was going in through various years and stages of development. That would be awesome.

#598 8 years ago

Robot

zac_robot1_(resized).jpgzac_robot1_(resized).jpg

zac_robot2_(resized).jpgzac_robot2_(resized).jpg

#599 8 years ago

Ok Zac tech guys. I'm wondering about the end of stroke switch arching I'm getting with the flippers...
It seems that zacs like to burn up these switches quickly.
I hear that putting a capacitor across the switch leads will fix this. If so, what capacitor do I use.
Is there a better fix?

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Robot
zac_robot1_(resized).jpg
zac_robot2_(resized).jpg

Beautiful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,461 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-owners-club-all-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.