245913889_918581865414739_5852051395825042657_n (resized).jpg
245972030_899443294329329_6460410288633316623_n (resized).jpg
245525218_366675928574454_6141771762566172767_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpg
IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.37.40 PM (resized).png
2BA492F7-089D-42FE-9B06-8EC730A2A38F (resized).jpeg
F8E7E8C3-0F9B-4527-B4AC-CC06B440B3E7 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 51.
#501 5 years ago

My first Zaccaria - a $120 non working Hot Wheels in nice shape. More pics at the gallery https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/hot-wheels .

IMG_0782_(resized).JPG

IMG_0781_(resized).JPG

#502 5 years ago

"Italian Pinball" tournament this year at VFW Pinball. Details at: http://vfwpinball.com

1 week later
#503 5 years ago

Ok guys, need a little help on my only Zac

I think I follow the battery swap instructions but have t been able to get it to work. Anyone see any issues or advice?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Ok guys, need a little help on my only Zac
I think I follow the battery swap instructions but have t been able to get it to work. Anyone see any issues or advice?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

You are using a 2114 at IC4. This one will drain your goldcap as a hurricane. Use a 5114, 5514, 6514, .....

#505 5 years ago

So will I need to replace the goldcap or just the chip?

#506 5 years ago

that memory cap is new. Someone already did that for you. Just change the chip. I had the same issue on my zankor. Wrong chip in IC4. Swapped it out and everything was good.

#507 5 years ago

Thanks neo, I added the cap but must have missed that I needed a certain chip. Will order today. Thanks guys!

#508 5 years ago

Anyone know if any pinball company's stock this. Searched all that I could think of and couldn't find any. Cheapest on eBay is around $8 shipped. Thanks again

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Thanks neo, I added the cap but must have missed that I needed a certain chip. Will order today. Thanks guys!

sorry, I missed the part where you added the cap. I could just tell it was new and the same brand I use.

#510 5 years ago

Ok, last question...can I use a 6114 ram for it? Thanks

#511 5 years ago

Anyone know if there are available flipper bushings that fit generation 2 games?
The ones in my Time Machine cleaned up OK, but should really be replaced. Not seeing any exact matches in my parts pile.

#512 5 years ago

I did notice that the flipper bushings are 1/8" higher than other versions.

1 week later
#513 5 years ago

Hello folks. Absolute newbee to the whole Zaccaria thing. I have a Devil Rider in decent condition, David has the boards and displays already for rehab. The nylon flipper links are worn pretty bad so I am working with a small manufacturer to produce new ones. Is there any interest out there for new nylon links. Rite now it appears as though they will be rather expensive at $12 a piece, however they will be exact replacements. Next on my list is LEDs. I would really appreciate hearing from someone who has done this as the options are just too great. I am also looking to replace my backglass as mine is showing its age, missing paint/decal in multiple places.
Thanks again

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from ic1480:

replace my backglass

BGresto just did a backglass for my Devil Riders. It came out great!
The previous one I have is fine, but it was made at a sign shop and taped to the glass. Honestly, the quality is pretty comparable, except for the tape job.
If you look back in this thread, you can see what Trilogybrew did to make this.

#516 5 years ago

My Devil Riders is up for sale and in the Market at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/30371

Looking for offers

#517 5 years ago

Picked up a house of diamonds, and shooting the Rapids.

An Interflip dragon also tagged along although it's not a Zac

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Picked up a house of diamonds, and shooting the Rapids.
An Interflip dragon also tagged along although it's not a Zac

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

thats a sweet score. Wish I would have found that group. Even the dragon. Murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#519 5 years ago

I want an Interflip Dragon!

#520 5 years ago

Congrats on that killer group of games!

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I want an Interflip Dragon!

I second that, played one at Allentown and loved it.

#522 5 years ago

Well the dragon will be for sale in the next week or so. I have 2 now, and will be acquiring a parts machine very shortly so I will have some extra parts as well.

#523 5 years ago

The art on some of these games never ceases to amaze me~

#524 5 years ago

let me know when the other 2 are for sale.

#525 5 years ago

I am just finishing cleaning and scrubbing and cleaning and scrubbing of my Devil Rider. the thought or question occurred to me, Is there a difference in quality of pinballs? I saw an add that stated something to the effect that they were so much better and brighter. Anyone care to weigh in on the subject? curious minds want to know.

#526 5 years ago

Playfield done. I'll be starting the assembly very soon.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#527 5 years ago

ok, recently bought a soccer kings playfield, I need a few inserts to replace missing ones on the playfield. Anyone know where tp get these from?

otherwise complete and looks pretty dam cool. Im going to see about putting this together with the Open Pinball Project hardware to get it going.

#528 5 years ago

Newest zac with 4 ball multi ball.

image_(resized).jpg

#529 5 years ago

doesn't look like a zac to me. I don't consider tecnoplay zacs. Still pretty cool tho. Hope your backglass was in one piece.

#530 5 years ago

Tecnoplay was Zaccaria after bankrupcy. It's the same factory and same people. The Tecnoplay president's name was Zaccaria !

#531 5 years ago

from what i've read they use different parts. different boards, different displays.

#532 5 years ago

The initial Tecnoplay game, Scramble, seems to use Zac boards and displays. But the last two games, Space Team and Xforce, use a 68000 processor and Gottlieb system 80b system style Futaba displays. It's a really well designed board set, completely new. Here's a boot up video of Space Team i did for a guy that's trying to fix his Xforce.

Space Team is really a cool game with very interesting and playable ramps. 4 ball multiball with a unique ball lock system. Two pop up "trolls" (a la medieval madness) on the playfield. Also a very cool kickback and a between-the-flippers ball saver. Also a motorized skill shot like on Gottlieb volcano. They really did an outstanding job on this game. The only lacking thing is no voice calls, and the music is a bit too "video game like" for me personally.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

It's a really well designed board set, completely new.

Wonder if that was a planned system change that was in the works at Zaccaria, or if they started from scratch when they formed Tecnoplay.

#534 5 years ago

it's confusing, because they had games like thunderman, which looks like they use the same boards, but they are not. The boards are also different just using the same form factor. That's why I do not care to collect anything that isn't true zaccaria. I want to be able to swap boards freely between machines if need be. To collect all the obscure stuff and the changes they had, is to much work to keep up with the technology changes, and the limited spectrum to be able to fix it.

it's kinda like DE and Sega. If you are a DE collector, you don't give a shit about sega, even tho they share similar things. Same with sega only collectors. Some say they are the same, but they are not.

#535 5 years ago

dataeast and sega ARE the same. the exact same factory, the exact same people, exact same hardware, only the name on the game plate changed. If you understand the history in the name change, you will understand why there's no difference in "dataeast" and "sega" pinball (aside from regular pinball evolution.)

Thunderman uses Zac board. entirely Zac boards. they are pin for pin compatible with other zacs. it's the same boards as New Star Phoenix.

#536 5 years ago

Any one can tell me where to find
EPROM download for Zaccaria Horror ?

It's a Zaccaria by the way

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

dataeast and sega ARE the same. the exact same factory, the exact same people, exact same hardware, only the name on the game plate changed. If you understand the history in the name change, you will understand why there's no difference in "dataeast" and "sega" pinball (aside from regular pinball evolution.)
Thunderman uses Zac board. entirely Zac boards. they are pin for pin compatible with other zacs. it's the same boards as New Star Phoenix.

i disagree 100%. If you are strictly a DE collector, you do not care about ID4, BF, Baywatch and what not. Even tho, MSF, BF, Baywatch and maverick share the DE art style. Everything else later in Sega looks drastically different. You can't collect everything, so if you are a hardcore collector of something specific, you stick to that specific item. I do not consider DE and Sega the same company even tho i know they are. the only segas that share the same feel and look, is the large display games I stated before. Other than that, they do not look or feel the same. tho they are the same factory. Just like new sterns do not feel like sega. LOTR feels nothing like say south park, xfiles (shudder) or any of the other shitfest that is known as sega.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

no, thunderman is totally different. the connectors might fit, but the layout of the board components are different. a True Gen 2 board will not worth in thunderman. I thought they were the same as well, until I was over by davids and he was working on a thunderman board. They are different enough that they are not swappable. If that board gets fried beyond repair, good luck getting it running ever again.

#539 5 years ago

Bull, there's nothing magical about Thunderman. I've already fixed it from dead once. it uses all the same parts/logic etc as any other Zac board.

as for the sega/de arguement, that's all bull too. it's just a natural progression of the company. there are highs and lows in business which dictate BOM changes. it has nothing to do with the company's moniker. Kamiko was there until 1999 and he was driving the train and trying different things. the whole pinball business was down in the late 1990s, and it dictated changes. they were just trying to evolve and stay in business. when things got better (mostly due to Wms leaving pinball), they were able to increase the BOM cost. this changed things again. It has NOTHING to due with whether the game says "dateast", "sega", or "stern". You can use those markers as time period delimiters if that helps your brain grab it, but it has no impact on anything to do with game design - it was the same people, using the same boards, using the same parts.

#540 5 years ago

Thunderman boards are not the same. For instance, the high voltage section on the power board alone is completely missing. Cant tell me that that board can be dropped into any zac gen 2 with full functionality. I will have to agree with Neo that these companies are NOT zaccaria.

#541 5 years ago

Correct the thunder man has no high-voltage because the score displays run at 5 V. But that doesn't mean you can't take a Zaccaria power supply and put it in the thunder man.

#542 5 years ago

power supply maybe, but the MPU is pinned out different. they are not plug and play.

#543 5 years ago

I thought I should ask here before I do it.
I noticed that led's flicker in zaccaria's much like early Bally's. So, I'm wondering if the same mod I do for Bally lamp boards will have the same effect.
I solder in 470 ohm SIP resistors on the back side of all the pins going to the lights, then tie all the common legs to a wire that is then attached to one of the feature lights in the backbox.
I've done this to multiple Bally boards with great success.
Can anyone confirm this will be ok to do on a zaccaria lamp board?

image_(resized).jpeg

#544 5 years ago

Honestly I have never had LED ghosting or flicker in any of my games. I own gen 1 and gen 2 games. Maybe it's my LED's, not entirely sure? In fact i just shopped and LED'd this game out

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#545 5 years ago

damn that game looks nice.

I have a little flicker on spooky, but none on zankor. it will just flick for a second, some random insert....then another about 15 seconds later....not enough for me to really care. I think the better LED's you buy, the less it happens if at all. Non ghosting should solve it altogether.

#546 5 years ago

Any one parting out a Farfalla? I am in need of the outer backglass. Please PM me if you have one you want to part with.

#547 5 years ago

Bgresto.com has the Farfalla outer glass.

We were playing space team last night. What a cool game. Cancer Rob was really beating it up. It has playfield trolls like medieval madness but only 10 years before that.

#548 5 years ago

ok.. Any other thoughts about the modified lamp board?
I have reason to believe that my bulbs flicker due to the lower power that LED's draw.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Bgresto.com has the Farfalla outer glass.
We were playing space team last night. What a cool game. Cancer Rob was really beating it up. It has playfield trolls like medieval madness but only 10 years before that.

These are the only Zaccaria's listed on his website.
– Zaccaria Clown*
– Zaccaria Devil Rider*
– Zaccaria Magic Castle*
– Zaccaria Time Machine*

#550 5 years ago

he has a lot more than that available now. Must not update his site

There are 2,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 51.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside