• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dgersic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi!

For long time i am just postponing to solder my Pinball Champs 82 displays.
3 Display are bad but not completely. Each display has one 2 segment part which is defect.
I have one plus display in a perfect condition and i would like to desolder all the 2 segment (gas filled) parts and solder into the 3 bad display.
I have a Weller (brand soldering tool) but i am afraid maybe i will made it wrong becouse of the heat and the legs are very short :S
I did already with Williams System 11 but this was much more easier the legs were much longer and it was also more space to do that.
Has anybody did such an operation ?
Any advice for me ?

4 months later
#2 9 years ago

I do these all the time. You need a good quality desoldering iron to remove the displays without damaging them. You will not be able to do these with just a soldering iron. Be very careful not to damage the nipple that sticks out of the top corner of the glass, especially while it is off of the board and there's nothing to protect it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-champs-82-display-soldering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.