Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mgpasman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

082DDF1C-D3B4-4131-B55B-A4ACED76BE1C (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Anyone have the Zaccaria Pinball App? It seems a bit confusing as there are multiple versions of the same title, but the tables are different. Although, 79.00 Platinum version gets you all the regular tables (EM & SS) the remake titles, which are new DMD versions of various titles, but the table layouts / rules are different and a retro group which are EM versions of various tables with chimes, using a different layout / rule set. And also 50% discount on all future table releases.

Seems like a good deal, and there is a ton of customization options, much more than TPA. It seems to be in beta right now, there are a few glictches, which mostly deal with the video motion. Could be that I'm using the native Intel graphics on my i7 7th Gen.

I guess this means we'll never see Zaccaria tables on TPA?

Wonder if this will ever make it to Switch?

#2 5 years ago

No one had played this?

#3 5 years ago

probably better than playing the real ones

#4 5 years ago

I've played the app a few times. It seems a little clunky to me, so I don't use it often. Plus it has annoying ads. I usually stick to TPA.

I haven't heard anything about TPA being interested in zac tables. Part of the issue might be that since their work flow requires a real pin, they aren't able to easily find examples since zac pins are generally hard to find.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Plus it has annoying ads.

I haven't seen one ad. I'm using the Steam version. I did buy the tables, though. This would be the only way I would ever experience any of these games.

You're right that it doesn't feel as refined as TPA, but it's still in beta. Some of the tables have missing wireforms, but the ball still reacts as though they are there. I don't think it's all that bad, and lots more customization without having to unlock anything. I prefer 5 ball games as that is what I grew up with. TPA doesn't have 5 ball on most non-em games, unless you buy the pro packs.

#6 5 years ago

I have the Zaccaria app for iOS. It’s ok. The physics seem a bit off but it’s cool to play some rare games. I bought it years ago so I don’t remember the price, $79 seems high, but again I don’t remember. Here’s the list of games in the iOS app

082DDF1C-D3B4-4131-B55B-A4ACED76BE1C (resized).png082DDF1C-D3B4-4131-B55B-A4ACED76BE1C (resized).png

#7 5 years ago

Just got this running on my virtual pinball cabinet, I'm really into Zaccaria pins and will likely never get to play the vast majority of them since most are in Europe, especially the EM versions. I have had a homemade virtual cabinet for a number of years and its get some action, not a lot though. Running Visual and Future Pinball with the Hyperpin frontend. For me, Zaccaria Pinball running on Steam is VERY cool. Been having a blast playing the pins I've never played. My tastes in pinball have changed over time and I have found that the Zaccarias and some Gottlieb EMs scratch my itch best right now. Still like all pins, but not enough space to have some of everything.

You can download the app on a PC for free and play all of the games in a limited mode. It looks like if you pay for the Gold Pack you get all of the original Zaccaria pins, SS and EMs, included. If you like all of those plus you want VR and the newer (modernized) revs of some of the older games, you can pay for the Platinum Pack. I just stuck with the Gold Pack. You also have the option of buying individual tables after playing them in limited mode. Same thing with the newer revs, you can own the Gold Pack and buy some individual newer tables that weren't included and I think you get them at the Gold Pack discount.

While virtual pinball is never quite as much fun as the real thing, sometimes you don't have access to the real thing. This is the first time in a while that I'm jazzed to get on my virtual cabinet and play .....

2 months later
    #8 5 years ago

I played ROBOT and Magic Castle at Replay FX this summer. I thought I might just get ROBOT for iOS, but I decided that $20 for 38 tables would be worth it. I'm still toying with the customization features, but I like a good number of the layouts. The physics are certainly decent but not perfect. I'd like to try it on Switch.

1 year later
    #9 4 years ago

I am quite addicted to it. One feature I love, is that during gameplay you can compare your score to the global highscore list, and it constantly shows the score to beat. What I do notice, there seem to be absolutely no other players. Most games have only 100-150 scores recorded, and I am not a very good player, but I manage to get in the top 10 withing 2 or 3 practice games.

Nevertheless, very cool sim, but the flipper lag is killing.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

I am quite addicted to it. One feature I love, is that during gameplay you can compare your score to the global highscore list, and it constantly shows the score to beat. What I do notice, there seem to be absolutely no other players. Most games have only 100-150 scores recorded, and I am not a very good player, but I manage to get in the top 10 withing 2 or 3 practice games.
    Nevertheless, very cool sim, but the flipper lag is killing.

I just got a new tablet (just for playing this game) a Samsung S5e. Now the lag is gone

1 month later
    #11 4 years ago

Anyone able to play this on iOS lately? Worked a couple weeks ago, but today it just crashes even on a restart of my iPad.

3 months later
    #12 3 years ago

One thing that worked for me was going into aeroplane mode then opening it up.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

One thing that worked for me was going into aeroplane mode then opening it up.

I can’t believe I never tried that - it worked! I am a little confused their support team didn‘t mention this to me.

#14 3 years ago

Also found that you can turn airplane mode off once the app is open/started.

#15 3 years ago

Ever since my Galaxy Tab S5e was updated to Android 10, Zaccaria Pinball has been unplayable, the ball and camera motions stutter like crazy. Anyone else recognizes this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-pinball-app-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.