1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220626_014959095.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20220626_014954123.MP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hi

I have a Zaccaria Magic Castle that I recently purchased with the sound board not working. Note that the game functions perfectly without power supplied to the sound board.

If I do reconnect power to the sound board I'm able to run sound tests and hear speech. And when hitting start, I will hear a the initial voice callout, but soon the game will reset. And it seems after enough attempts, a fuse can/will blow as well (for me, F5).

As an experiment, I took a switching power supply and, via an additional IDC connector, supplied 12V, 5V and GND from the switching power supply, while re-using -5V from the game itself (switcher didn't have it). In this configuration, the game functions perfectly with sound, playing through multiple full games.

I am wondering if the power supply board simply needs a rebuild. However, the occasional blown fuse is throwing me off a bit here...E.g., perhaps the sound board is just out of spec and drawing too much current which the switcher is simply able to supply enough to handle the load.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seen anything similar before on a gen 2 Zaccaria?

Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Pics of power supply and sound boards

PXL_20220626_014954123.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220626_014954123.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220626_014959095.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220626_014959095.MP (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

One other thing -- I've been reading, and it looks like the fuse that blew for me is supposed to be for coils (per repair guides)??? (It's the second one away from the three bridge rectifiers.) But for me, without this fuse, the game wouldn't boot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-magic-castle-sound-board-triggering-game-reset-and-blown-fuse?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.