• Latest reply 10 years ago by geraldflip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0486.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a couple zaccaria pins yesterday for Gov and I. So far this has been one of my biggest mess ups in the hobby. I guess it wasnt bad for the price, but Im really afraid this Locamotion cant be saved.

I know absolutely nothing about zaccaria, but I figured I would try and get these anyway. One was a Strike and the other Locomotion. The strike is complete minus the coindoor and actually shows some life. The Locomotion has ALL of the boards missing in the head minus the displays. I was told the circuit board it had in the bottom of the cabinet was to the game, but it was an extra for Strike.

Is there any hope in finding a board set for this game? There is just something about this game that makes me want to try and save it. Is so freaking gorgeous! I attached and awful photo the seller provided, but will upload better photos.

I dont have a good photo of the locomotion, but here is a link in case you're not familair with it: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=3217

IMG_0486.jpgIMG_0486.jpg IMG_0485.JPGIMG_0485.JPG

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It is certainly a great thing if you can save these games. The zaccaria games are beautiful. These early games aren't worth much, so if money is the issue, plan on spending as much as the game will be worth if not more to fix it.

Money is a pretty big issue, but I figured I could cut a project game and the strike to help with the locomotion.

Do you know what the strike might be worth as is? it has two boards for it, but one is toast. Also, how much could I expect to pay for the Locomotion boards? I would love to get this game running, but I dont exactly have a lot of money to do it. Thanks for all your help.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Locomotion, not locamotion...
Boards are not that easy to find, but I think David Gersic can repair them.
Displays can be hard to find as well.
Locomotion is worth it. One of the nicest Zaccarias.
What I would do would be to try to repair the Strike first, sell it and the meantime check if you can find the boards and displays.
Good luck with your quest!

All fixed

I might have to do that then. It seems like the repairs with this game is alot like the system 80 I have. Clean up the acid and replace those components and cross my fingers.

#7 10 years ago

I contacted David Gersic, so well see how it goes.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I have board sets for locomotion, I think all the boards, displays, plastics and a beautiful backglass, if interested, let me know, I took pics of all the zac stuff I have a while back and I will have to find them..

I sent you a PM. Im glad I made a post about this instead of parting it right off the bat.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

The Power of Pinside! Awesome!

I know!

Quoted from IceCreamMan:Had (2) strikes a year or so ago. One was missing the B/G. Neither worked but all components were there. Sold to a guy in the Detroit area.
I'd like to own a Zac pinball machine again.

I might be sending my board to Greg to see if he can get it working. Im hoping to sell the strike to help pay for some of the locomotion stuff, but maybe Ill end up liking it too much. Who knows

Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Locomotion -- the first pinball I ever played, and the one that got me hooked forever.
Good luck with the restore, I hope it works out!

Very cool! Ill be sure to start a thread if I everything works out.

#17 10 years ago

Will do! I actually just came across another board set! Hopefully it works out one way or another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-locamotion-can-it-be-saved?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.