• Latest reply 3 years ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3E4F3681-1A6F-4392-B067-6D5E77DDE8CB (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Zaccaria Time Machine 1983 Right Flipper Doesn’t work.
Some buddy’s were playing the game and a flipper top went into the ball trough. Afterwards the right flipper was partially up and I could smell the coil was cooked. I immediately turned the game off and replaced the coil. The 5a solenoid fuse was out and it was replaced.
Currently, all of the switches appear to work as well as all solenoids, lights, and sound with the exception of the right set of flippers.
I do have schematics, I’m comfortable with a soldering iron for switches, coils, or board components. I have a Dmm and logic probe.
The eos switches appear gapped and contacted correctly and open and close when the flippers are engaged or manually moved (on the right). When I power up and start a game, I do hear a click on the at least one flipper relay, but not sure if one or both is activating. I am getting 40v on all flipper coil lugs. This is my first Zacc and would like assistance from the community to properly troubleshoot and repair. Thank you.

#2 3 years ago

I think this maybe the culprit. Let’s see.

3E4F3681-1A6F-4392-B067-6D5E77DDE8CB (resized).jpeg3E4F3681-1A6F-4392-B067-6D5E77DDE8CB (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Replacement coil had diodes banded in the opposite direction, than the original.
Problem solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-gen-2-right-flipper-doesnt-fire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.