2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FarfallaOddBrownBoard (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

My tech buddy is working on my Farfalla, and I share his questions and his observations below.

First: Does anyone know what this small brown board is? It looks like something that was added after production, and my guy says it's not in the standard schematics. He wants to remove it, but I've asked him to hold off until we figure out what it is, and what it is for.

"Having problems with switches. Credit button thinks it's diagnostic switch, so wont start a game. rewired coin door and rang out wiring to cpu board. Missing signals on switch row 2 and 3. I would be able to fix ( IC38 suspect) but this game has some alien circuit board (see picture) that's tied into the switch circuit. I haven't a clue what this thing does. Look at the picture, and the top of the AC looks green with acid damage. Do You know the Zaccaria guru and ask about this little board? Everything else, lamps , solenoids and displays work perfectly, those little lane flippers work in test too."

FarfallaOddBrownBoard (resized).jpgFarfallaOddBrownBoard (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Looks like a hack someone put in to fix a broken IC38. Remove and replace with proper replacement. The chips for that are hard to find somewhat.. I ordered some off ebay but they may be counterfit. Here is a circuit board to 'make' a 3081 https://nvram.weebly.com/transistors.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-farfalla-and-that-odd-brown-board- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.