Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190226_195952 (resized).jpg
20190226_195950 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I've started work on my Zaccaria Combat machine that I picked up a few weeks back. I am starting by giving it a good cleaning and replacing all rubbers. I have a question about the plastics on it though. I'm not sure if I am taking them off properly. It looks like the studs are attached permanently to the plastics. I was able to find a cone wrench that fit the stud, but I am really worried about this approach to remove all the plastics. I'm afraid I'll end up scratching the graphic underneath, especially when putting the rubbers back on. Is this really the correct method, or do the plastic caps actually come off so I can lift the plastics off without removing the stud?

20190226_195950 (resized).jpg20190226_195950 (resized).jpg20190226_195952 (resized).jpg20190226_195952 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Those look like plastic "top hat" post caps that were used on some Gottlieb EM machines. These top hat post caps would push on and pull off. Though, I'm not sure of the Zaccaria design for the caps. Have you tired to pull off the caps with the posts installed on the playfield?

#3 5 years ago

Gottlieb used those "hats" on some machines in the early 1970's. They simply pushed on and pulled off. They kept falling off and Gottlieb went back to using the chrome acorn nuts again.

Perhaps "somebody" glued them on?

#4 5 years ago

OK, I'll try and pull them off. I just didn't want to break anything. Not a lot of info in Zaccaria machines out there and I was concerned that their plastics may have been permanently mounted on the plastics.
Thanks guys.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-combat?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.