(Topic ID: 240793)

Zaccaria Combat. Let's get this thing going.

By miatawnt2b

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bonzo71
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Combat high score adjust (resized).jpg
IMG_20191117_100015 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191117_100007 (resized).jpg
0Combat-Work-01 (resized).jpg
CE2B65B3-F05C-43D1-A6A3-B88DEC0A027C-3594-000001CC3CF61DC2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

I am very curious to see how this turns out.

Since it is an EM, I would start with the simple things. First, got schematic (can you read eye-talian)? From what you are describing, the start-up sequence is not finishing. Soooooo... score reels. Clean and adjust contacts. I don't know if these games operate like Gottliebs, Bally's, or Williams games. However many times, simply tightening down the switch stacks you will be able to get them to adjust as they should. The good thing is, you live in the desert. That means these stacks haven't been swelling and shrinking with temperature and humidity.

Once you've done everything that you can with the switch tags on the score reels I would go through the switch stacks and well, everything and make sure that they are snug and tight. This goes for the relays in the bottom of the game as well as the mechanisms underneath the playfield. Sometimes just cleaning the connectors that go between the lower and the upper play field will make a big difference as well. Doing this will be good for the game anyways. So you might as well do it. Many times games get more messed up by readjusting switches than anything else. So what I would do is make sure everything is tight first and then start adjusting switches. Do not adjust switch stacks on the brain of the game, you know the part that spinning. As a single adjustment on the switch there can lead to major changes to the entire logic of the game. Once again, schematics.

I would search the forum here as well as on rec games Pinball for any specific information about working on Zach electromechanical games. I was able to find some information about the schematics here :https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3609 print them up and learn how to read that map!

I have never played combat before, so selfishly I am wishing you a speedy restoration so I can stop by and play it. I should be down there in a few weeks and I will definitely be around for turkey day to see the family.

Jeez, it's like I'm 4 or something...

Wishing you luck!

CE2B65B3-F05C-43D1-A6A3-B88DEC0A027C-3594-000001CC3CF61DC2 (resized).pngCE2B65B3-F05C-43D1-A6A3-B88DEC0A027C-3594-000001CC3CF61DC2 (resized).png
#6 5 years ago

There are some great explanations of features and play here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zaccaria-combat-let-s-get-this-thing-going?tu=Caucasian2Step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.