(Topic ID: 240793)

Zaccaria Combat. Let's get this thing going.

By miatawnt2b

9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by guard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Combat-Work-01 (resized).jpg
CE2B65B3-F05C-43D1-A6A3-B88DEC0A027C-3594-000001CC3CF61DC2 (resized).png

#1 9 days ago

Hey Guys, A few months back I picked up a Zaccaria Combat. I haven't had any chance to really start working on it other than replacing all the rubbers. The game won't start, and I am seeking a little help on where to start looking.

When I plug the machine in and give it a credit, the reset relay energizes and stays energized. This causes the reset motor to continuously spin. It is a 4 player game, and all of my score reels read 0.

Any thoughts of where to start looking?

#2 9 days ago

A little more info.

1. Power on the machine and give it one credit, the motor spins 1/2 revolution. The reset relay does NOT energize. Give the machine a second credit, the reset relay energizes and motor spins continuously.

2. Power on the machine and give it one credit. the motor spins 1/2 revolution. The reset relay does NOT energize. Press the game start button and the reset relay energizes and motor spins continuously.

#3 9 days ago

Following. Got one to drag out too. Good luck.

#4 8 days ago

Bump for the evening crowd

#5 8 days ago

I am very curious to see how this turns out.

Since it is an EM, I would start with the simple things. First, got schematic (can you read eye-talian)? From what you are describing, the start-up sequence is not finishing. Soooooo... score reels. Clean and adjust contacts. I don't know if these games operate like Gottliebs, Bally's, or Williams games. However many times, simply tightening down the switch stacks you will be able to get them to adjust as they should. The good thing is, you live in the desert. That means these stacks haven't been swelling and shrinking with temperature and humidity.

Once you've done everything that you can with the switch tags on the score reels I would go through the switch stacks and well, everything and make sure that they are snug and tight. This goes for the relays in the bottom of the game as well as the mechanisms underneath the playfield. Sometimes just cleaning the connectors that go between the lower and the upper play field will make a big difference as well. Doing this will be good for the game anyways. So you might as well do it. Many times games get more messed up by readjusting switches than anything else. So what I would do is make sure everything is tight first and then start adjusting switches. Do not adjust switch stacks on the brain of the game, you know the part that spinning. As a single adjustment on the switch there can lead to major changes to the entire logic of the game. Once again, schematics.

I would search the forum here as well as on rec games Pinball for any specific information about working on Zach electromechanical games. I was able to find some information about the schematics here :https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3609 print them up and learn how to read that map!

I have never played combat before, so selfishly I am wishing you a speedy restoration so I can stop by and play it. I should be down there in a few weeks and I will definitely be around for turkey day to see the family.

Jeez, it's like I'm 4 or something...

Wishing you luck!

CE2B65B3-F05C-43D1-A6A3-B88DEC0A027C-3594-000001CC3CF61DC2 (resized).png
#6 8 days ago

There are some great explanations of features and play here.

#7 8 days ago

Hi miatawnt2b
starting a game makes the Coin-Relay to pull-in - this then makes the Reset-Relay to pull-in. The Reset-Relay closes its Self-Hold-Switch (encircled red in the JPG) --- the Reset-Relay stays pulling until all of the Score-Drums open their "Information-Switch(es) 'Have reached position Zero' " - then the Reset-Relay let go. You could inspect ALL Score-Drums for their "Position-Zero-Switch(es)" to be truely open. You can cheat for the moment by sneaking-in a stripe of paper inbetween the Switchblades of the Self-Hold-Switch (encircled red) on the Reset-Relay. This switch is easy to be found: A short wire runs from one side of the coil on the Reset-Relay to an "switch mounted on the Reset-Relay" - THIS is the switch. This cheating (stripe of paper) is just to learn about "does the Start-up proceed - does the pin kicks out a ball and You can play (?)". Greetings Rolf

0Combat-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#8 8 days ago

I love my Combat ....good luck with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside