• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2015-03-06-20-10-48.png
Screenshot_2015-02-23-19-02-26.png
#1 9 years ago

The Ask Homework app has come a long way since the first iOS release over a year ago. Thanks to a ton of feedback from the Pinball Arcade Fans forums the app has been tuned a lot by the developer. Finally it has been released on Android and it really plays well. It has good physics and a night mode - best lighting I have seen on Android to date. There are a lot of in app purchases, but Gold gives everything including 28 great Zac tables, night mode, physic adjustments, customisable cameras, worn playfield options, metalfx, and glass reflections. It also includes a few Zacarria EMs still to be released. More physics improvements also coming.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.magicpixel.Zaccaria

A lot of discussion here:
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/8446-Zaccharia-for-Android-Initial-Release-Discussion/page5

Screenshot_2015-02-23-19-02-26.pngScreenshot_2015-02-23-19-02-26.png

#2 9 years ago

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks!

I ll try it out.

#4 9 years ago

Anyone else tried this? What do you think?

#5 9 years ago

I have tried these. I have to say ball speed is I bit too fast and I find it hard to keep the ball in play never mind aim for things. I got the gold collection so I can adjust ball physics but have not done that yet. Any recommended settings for slowing the ball down a bit?

#6 9 years ago

Someone posted some settings in the TPA forums which slow it down a lot, so you can try adjusting from there.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9701-ANDROID-Zaccaria-Pinball-update-v1-04?p=194228&viewfull=1#post194228

I prefer SIM mode, but the settings above are good for some 'old school' play style. The beauty of the app is you can configure to your hearts content.

#7 9 years ago

Now that I have an Android, I am loving this game, despite all the constant drains in Stars Phoenix.

#8 9 years ago

I can't put this down. Don't be put off trying it based on your experiences with previous pinball physics in the apps by this company. These seem pretty rock solid, and the gameplay in Sim mode is pretty close to a real table to me. The great lighting and sounds are also see spot on. Buy the night time lighting if nothing else.

#9 9 years ago

Lightning and graphics are really good. I have also got the feeling that the ball is too fast. I did not know that Zaccaria made so many good machines.

#10 9 years ago

Did you try the physics adjustments posted above? The gameplay is slower with those. Incidentally I watched a few videos of real Zacc tables and was quite surprised how fast some of them played, as I was expecting typical EM style gameplay.

The iOS version with the new physics is also out in about a week.

#11 9 years ago

This is the only thing I bought on the play store. Worth every penny. Just wish I could use my little game pad for it. Only the d-pad on it works for table shake, but no flipper button assignment.

It's fun to try these tables that I would probably never see in real life. Not much for multiball in the tables, but the layouts are still interesting.

#12 9 years ago

New version released on Android today with the Combat table, and lighting updates on some tables.

iOS version with new physics should be out in about a week.

Combat:
Screenshot_2015-03-06-20-10-48.pngScreenshot_2015-03-06-20-10-48.png

#13 9 years ago

Very excited about this.
It plays like total crap on my S3. Wayyy too slow and choppy.
Meanwhile TPA plays great on my S3.
I'll give it a shot on a newer ipad and android tablet later tonight.
-mof

#14 9 years ago

Did you try turning off game room background, and glass refelection? Might help, although your IPad / Android tablet might be OK.

#15 9 years ago

These tables are great. Bought the gold membership and haven't stopped playing on my 10" tablet! Physics are great and totally adjustable. So many great games...

#16 9 years ago

Any suggestion for physics settings?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zacarria-pinball-now-on-android and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.