(Topic ID: 222998)

Zac spooky pinball

By Bodypop

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DECC46B3-CF01-4FA2-90C1-410BCBF4D411 (resized).jpeg
    D36ADAAB-A662-4DBB-AF32-0F8D2CE82373 (resized).jpeg
    5F27FD73-EE3D-457D-9977-84D49EC775F1 (resized).jpeg
    94151201-1CEC-4545-BAEB-216B7610C4B8 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi guys
    What are your thoughts on zac spooky
    I see there’s a few owners on here
    I’ve got one that was apparently home use only ,there’s no coin counter in it so can’t say how much it was played
    I find it very enjoyable ,music is excellent .
    I’ve read different numbers of how many were made .
    I’d really like to hear any information you have on these
    94151201-1CEC-4545-BAEB-216B7610C4B8 (resized).jpeg94151201-1CEC-4545-BAEB-216B7610C4B8 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

Pretty rare gem you found there! TheBlackKnight has some pretty good info on the games reviews page. Don't go traded that thing for a jar of magic beans!

#3 5 years ago

Thanks I can’t seem to find anything on the Black night page

#4 5 years ago

No such thing as a Huo only Spooky
    These counters were not always installed by the operator
    It’s was last title made by Zaccaria in 87
    No more then 300 was said ?

Don’t forget to put new sling rubber on

#5 5 years ago

I recall talking serial numbers with Federico in 2008 and he said 60 spooky games were produced. Very low production game.

Quoted from rvdv:

#6 5 years ago

It's my favorite table on the zaccaria pinball collection video game. Also was supposedly produced in April 1987. Would love to play one in person. A fellow wisconsin pinsider has one and i believe brought it to the MGC a few years ago. He is a big zac collector. He would have much more info.

#7 5 years ago

I think David's website is still the most comprehensive for Zaccaria machines:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/

Brad

#9 5 years ago

3-1 = 2

5F27FD73-EE3D-457D-9977-84D49EC775F1 (resized).jpeg5F27FD73-EE3D-457D-9977-84D49EC775F1 (resized).jpeg
    #10 5 years ago

Ooh two together ,very nice ! How did you end up owning two

#11 5 years ago

The manual still in envelope it came in .i thought was quite cool

D36ADAAB-A662-4DBB-AF32-0F8D2CE82373 (resized).jpegD36ADAAB-A662-4DBB-AF32-0F8D2CE82373 (resized).jpeg
    #12 5 years ago

Some good info there guys thanks

#13 5 years ago

Putting out the bat signal for CaptainNeo

#14 5 years ago

Anyone have any experience of the eyes not moving on the owl ?
    Is there a fuse for it ,or is the solenoid likely to be shot

#15 5 years ago

Do I need to remove this battery ?
    What’s the procedure for doing it

DECC46B3-CF01-4FA2-90C1-410BCBF4D411 (resized).jpegDECC46B3-CF01-4FA2-90C1-410BCBF4D411 (resized).jpeg
    #16 5 years ago

Remove the battery and the old 5114 RAM and install a replacement NVRAM so no batteries are needed. https://www.pinitech.com/products/5114_nvram.php

#17 5 years ago

Cool thank you

#18 5 years ago

we have one at flipout in London.

1 week later
    #19 5 years ago

Would it still work ok if I just removed the battery in the mean time ,without replacing the ram

#20 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, I think it will, minus remembering how many credits it had before turning off the game.

#21 5 years ago

The game without the battery will default to a default high score for all, credit play, 3 ball, and it won't save credits or scores. You can also remove the battery and add a backup memory cap to the 2 batt terminals,which I did with all of my zac games. D gersic might have the info on his site.

Quoted from Bodypop:

Would it still work ok if I just removed the battery in the mean time ,without replacing the ram

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

actually that's untrue. New stars Phoenix was the last zac made, and Spooky was made in 86. From what i've been reading there are only 60 spooky's made. Only released in europe, and 2 of them I know have been parted out.

#23 5 years ago

Great info again guys thanks
    I’ll have a look at maybe trying the memory cap thing then

Interesting that spooky was the last ,and 58 or less remain

#24 5 years ago

Had no idea this existed. So freakin’ cool! Would love to have one of these.

Is that a VUK that feeds the fuschia ramp?

#25 5 years ago

Love the backglass art

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aeolus7:

Had no idea this existed. So freakin’ cool! Would love to have one of these.
    Is that a VUK that feeds the fuschia ramp?

no, it's a up flip ramp. Like the one on wheel of fortune. basically like a halfpipe

1 month later
    #27 5 years ago

Any of you experts know why the eyes on the owl aren’t working on mine .
    The coil is free enough ,is there a separate fuse or something
    Also the sound goes up and down when playing for a good while ,sometimes a bit crackly too .
    This is my fav pin ,so would love to have it just right

#28 5 years ago

Find the transistor that controls the eyes and replace it. It's on the 1B1166 driver board.
    Located in the bottom left corner of the backbox.
    Solenoid 14 driver 17 according to the manual on www.zaccaria-pinball.com
    If I recall the solenoid drivers are tip102s but obviously check and use the correct replacement.

For the sound, I wouldn't mess with it. Spooky uses a soundboard and daughterboard and they are impossible to replace (none available).

Does your game use the english roms or the italian roms? I like the italian rom.

english rom is here. pick spooky, free play roms and you'll see the page.:
    http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen2/index.html
    you'll need someone that can burn 2864 roms.

1B1166

Quoted from Bodypop:

Any of you experts know why the eyes on the owl aren’t working on mine .
    The coil is free enough ,is there a separate fuse or something
    Also the sound goes up and down when playing for a good while ,sometimes a bit crackly too .
    This is my fav pin ,so would love to have it just right

#29 5 years ago

Cool mate thanks
    It uses the Italian Roms
    I’ve never heard the English ,but I just don’t think it would be the same without the Italian either
    I would touch the sound then either

1 week later
    #30 5 years ago

usually the sound going up and down is from the sound control knob going to shit. Move it back and forth to clean it out and should be more consistent

#31 5 years ago

Il give that a try mate thanks

#32 5 years ago

For your volume pot, if just spinning it wont work, you can try a little contact cleaner around the spindle and then move that left to right.

1 week later
    #33 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I recall talking serial numbers with Federico in 2008 and he said 60 spooky games were produced. Very low production game.

yes, 60 is about correct. I know of 3 that were parted out. So there cannot be more than 57 in existence.

1 week later
    #34 5 years ago

57 That’s a crazy low number !

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bodypop:

57 That’s a crazy low number !

most of the last zacs had very very low numbers. those are what I call the ultra rares. Zacs have 5 levels of rarity like magic the gathering. 4 ultra rares are, Spooky, Zankor, Stars phoenix, new stars Phoenix. Less than 70 of each were made.

#36 5 years ago

And there is probably a member or two that has all 4 of those titles

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bodypop:

And there is probably a member or two that has all 4 of those titles

I don't own Stars Phoenix because it's the same as new stars phoenix. Only difference is, that new stars phoenix uses LED displays, and different art package on the playfield. No need to own both as they are the exact same game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zacaria-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.