Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

So how many pinsiders picked this up? I'm betting over thirty. Just list your confirmed number. I'm 35.

#2 12 years ago

I doubt we will have anywhere close to 30 Pinsider's who pre-ordered this.

That said, I'm number 19.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm number 19.

I'm right behind you with #20. I wonder how close we were to placing our order at the same time. According to my PayPal receipt, the transaction went through at precisely 01:16:29 CST.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

RobT said:I'm number 19.

I'm right behind you with #20. I wonder how close we were to placing our order at the same time. According to my PayPal receipt, the transaction went through at precisely 01:16:29 CST.

I was a little after 10 p.m. pacific on Thursday night (the 16th).

So it was a few hours later that you bought yours.

#5 12 years ago

Gotta say this was the closest ive ever felt to committing to the whole site unseen pre-order thing....the theme is right up my alley and the whole hype and fantastic job on the website very nearly had me.

If not for the fact that ive still got atleast 4-5 must have pins on my want list i think i would have commited but considering i can get my Fish Tales,Whitewater and Scared stiff for around the same price,i just couldn't do it.

Hopefully in the future one of you guys will sell me one

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was a little after 10 p.m. pacific on Thursday night (the 16th).

It sounds like you were actually a little over an hour ahead of me. Isn't 10 PM PST the same thing as Midnight CST?

#7 12 years ago

#28 (DIY)

#8 12 years ago

I'm in.....no number yet, put it in last night....

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in.....no number yet, put it in last night....

You must have just made it in under the wire.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

RobT said:I was a little after 10 p.m. pacific on Thursday night (the 16th).
It sounds like you were actually a little over an hour ahead of me. Isn't 10 PM PST the same thing as Midnight CST?

Yes, you are correct.

#11 12 years ago

Congrats Iceman!

#12 12 years ago

#10 ... 9:46pm CST.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks RobT! Couldn't let you guys have all the fun.....

#14 12 years ago

I'm lost--what is this for?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks RobT! Couldn't let you guys have all the fun.....

Well, it's not going to *all* be fun. There will be some bitching and complaining along the way, especially since I suspect that we will be waiting for quite some time to get our pins.

As Docscott said in another thread, misery loves company, so we can all bitch together!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As Docscott said in another thread, misery loves company, so we can all bitch together!

Very true! I'm used to waiting with WOZ though, maybe these guys will be able to move faster since they have ironed out the kinks on MG

#19 12 years ago

#36 (DIY)
How many is that now?

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

... maybe these guys will be able to move faster since they have ironed out the kinks on MG.

Is Ben involved with MG? This has always been unclear to me.

#21 12 years ago

#39 for me...... looks like pinside to a nice chunk of games good job guys!

#22 12 years ago

Dunno; beggars can't be choosers. I'll take whatever number I'm given!

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is Ben involved with MG? This has always been unclear to me.

Not to this point...

#24 12 years ago

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Dunno; beggars can't be choosers. I'll take whatever number I'm given!

So you paid your $750.00 deposit?

If so, congrats!

#26 12 years ago

Looks like the reference to a limited # of 99 has been removed from the web site and PayPal order is still active....

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Looks like the reference to a limited # of 99 has been removed from the web site and PayPal order is still active....

I'm glad that they removed that. It was misleading since there are at least 124 being made with the CoinTaker version included.

#28 12 years ago

So far we have a total of 10 Pinsider's who've ordered ZA. 11 if StevenP placed an order.

#29 12 years ago

I wonder how having the LCD on the back panel will work out? Suggests there won't be any ramps going back there to block the view. I like the idea but it seems it would limit (significantly?) how much can go on the PF.

#30 12 years ago

Can't imagine there won't be any ramps far back....these guys are gonna have to really creative!

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So far we have a total of 10 Pinsider's who've ordered ZA. 11 if StevenP placed an order.

WOW!! I know Pinside is a popular site, but that is an amazing amount of orders from the members here. This place is getting to be a force, as far as maybe having some real influence on what gets produced.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

I wonder how having the LCD on the back panel will work out? Suggests there won't be any ramps going back there to block the view. I like the idea but it seems it would limit (significantly?) how much can go on the PF.

I'm thinking it may just give an active changing backboard. So, the foreground would blend in around it. Just speculating of course.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

I was thinking the same thing. Although I love CV, it has a pretty basic playfield, all to accommodate the DMD. Either way, I think this game is going to be amazing. John P is amazing one of the best artist/visionaries in the pinball game. I was excited about WOZ, but I now find myself not even caring about it..............I cannot stop thinking about these zombies! You guys who are going in on this are awesome and I am jealous!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

This place is getting to be a force, as far as maybe having some real influence on what gets produced.

Pinside sure is!

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm thinking it may just give an active changing backboard. So, the foreground would blend in around it. Just speculating of course.

Could be. I hope it's more than that tho. Personally, I'd like to see heavy video mode integration with PF ball action. I know some of the pin purists don't like that, but it would be a big plus to me.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Personally, I'd like to see heavy video mode integration with PF ball action. I know some of the pin purists don't like that, but it would be a big plus to me.

Screw em . I'm with you.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Screw em . I'm with you.

I agree, as long as it's done properly, there is always room for video modes. Fish Tales comes to mind of how to do it the right way.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

badbilly27 said:Screw em . I'm with you.
I agree, as long as it's done properly there is always room for video modes. Fish Tales comes to mind of how to do it the right way.

+1
I always liked IJ video modes. Well integrated into the gameplay and theme... and not too disruptive.

#39 12 years ago

I almost got on board. A $10,000 price tag makes Stern pins look cheap.

#40 12 years ago

Looks like this one will be pretty cool, but I am going to have to watch from the sidelines on this one. Congrats to those who are in...!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

kmoore88 said:Looks like the reference to a limited # of 99 has been removed from the web site and PayPal order is still active....
I'm glad that they removed that. It was misleading since there are at least 124 being made with the CoinTaker version included.

Nope, it's still there... or it's back. The pre-order page is showing "sold out".
Either way they're still stating 99 units and treating the Cointaker version as a separate entity to be sold by the Marquettes themselves.
A least that gives a little bit of hope for those that missed the original pre-order. I wonder if Cointaker is taking orders for theirs yet?
Where did you guys see 25 units for this version? I didn't see anything on the site.

#42 12 years ago

Just visited the CT site and answered my own question

#43 12 years ago

Sold out in 3 days. That is pretty damn impressive. Congrats to jpop and BH!

#44 12 years ago

I just got word that some friends of mine are getting it! Sweet!

#45 12 years ago

Any of you guys that bought this pin concerned about the availability of parts? I know I'd be concerned about broken plastics or ramps if I owned one. Do they offer the option to buy some parts when you purchase the pin? I only ask, since the production numbers are so low and it sounds like they are making a lot of their own parts.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Any of you guys that bought this pin concerned about the availability of parts?

Not really, I'm going to go to the JPOP pinball school and figure out how to make the entire pinball machine myself! Well I hope and assume they have a plan for this.....

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Any of you guys that bought this pin concerned about the availability of parts?

I just figured the game is disposable. You play it until it breaks and then move on to something else ...

#48 12 years ago

99 pre orders in 3 days. They got 99 people to commit to giving them 1 million dollars. That's impressive for them and I for the life of me can't figure out how any average person can afford these. Any of these people that ordered married? I know 10k for a pin sure as hell wouldn't fly in my house

#49 12 years ago

How about 1000 Woz at let's say and average price of 7k and AC/DC and on and on.....there is a ton of dough being thrown around

#50 12 years ago

$1 million in three days. These boys can raise some cash. This model could spawn even more startups. And some interesting moral hazards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/za-what-number-are-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.