(Topic ID: 18381)

Yukon is gone, off to cali

By the96stang

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ATT000202.jpg
    DWW_005.jpg
    Resampled_2012-06-13_13-11-11_477_(1)..jpg
    #1 11 years ago

The Yukon is gone. The shippers were a bunch of idiots. The thing is going from CT to CA with the head and legs on. I guess you get what you pay for. I know I wont be using them. I hope Candlepinscott enjoys his pinball machine that I picked up 50 miles away, stored for 5 months, 1 week, and 4 days, and took an UNPAID day off from work just to meet the shippers for absolutley ZERO dollars. IT IS GONE, THANK GOODNESS IT IS GONE!

Resampled_2012-06-13_13-11-11_477_(1)..jpgResampled_2012-06-13_13-11-11_477_(1)..jpg

#2 11 years ago

Who were the shippers? I'm looking to arrange a shipment, and probably want to stay away from them.

#4 11 years ago

Wow. That hurts, especially because I am restoring a Yukon right now, and having an awesome time fixing all of the little divots and scratches all over the thing, probably from being treated like this.

#5 11 years ago

Was the shipping arranged through NAVL?? STI delivered my wh20. I arranged shipping through NAVL.

#6 11 years ago

I still think shipping games can be like waiting on the gallows with a noose around ones neck,
    but hope it works out for you 96stang

#7 11 years ago

It already worked out for the96stang - the machine is out of his house

#9 11 years ago

With the problems you had over this issue, I would have just left it on the front step. That, or get some $$$ for your loss of wage.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

With the problems you had over this issue, I would have just left it on the front step. That, or get some $$$ for your loss of wage.

+1 on that, hassle over!

#11 11 years ago

I've shipped multiple games with the legs on, no problem. I have seen many more damaged from being on a pallet where the fork lift driver puts the forks right into it, or the pallet breaks etc. At least this way you force the moving company to move the game with at least 2 people.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Craigmack:

I've shipped multiple games with the legs on, no problem.

Head on? Makes me cringe

#13 11 years ago

I've shipped multiple games with the legs on, no problem. I have seen many more damaged from being on a pallet where the fork lift driver puts the forks right into it, or the pallet breaks etc. At least this way you force the moving company to move the game with at least 2 people.

Yup, this is the way to go but do your own wrap, their "blanket wrap" leaves a lot to be desired.
    This is how I prep the games for shipping on legs, this one went from Ca. to NC via NAVL.
    I wouldn't ship with the head up but maybe in this case I would make an exception.

DWW_005.jpgDWW_005.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Nice picture tracelifter - thanks for sharing

#15 11 years ago

You are welcome, that is a blanket, 5 layers of cardboard and a whole bunch of shrinkwrap.
    It will take a pretty good hit and not get damaged, the most vulnerable part of the game are the legs but they are cheap and easier to replace than a fork punched cab.
    Dalek topper was removed and padded inside the cab.

#16 11 years ago

Best part, not even a thank you!

#17 11 years ago

Best part, not even a thank you!

On some courses that is par.

ATT000202.jpgATT000202.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yukon-is-gone-off-to-cali and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.