Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210221_123317 (resized).jpg
    Turtlecom by Yoyokopter (resized).jpg
    TC inside (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210224_105957558 (resized).jpg
    turtlrcom by yoyokopter final (resized).jpg
    Tcom plateau (resized).jpg
    Tcom VO en place (resized).jpg
    Tcom couleurs (resized).jpg
    Turtlecom by Yoyokopter (resized).jpg
    Save post TMNT (resized).jpg
    slimer3 (resized).jpg
    slimer2 (resized).jpg
    Slimer1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181026_111401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181026_111425 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181026_111411 (resized).jpg
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It sounds like it worked previously and does not work in game now?
    I have this and not had to troubleshoot. You can stop it from moving in attract by turning the blinking of the start button in Freeplay off or something like that. I think that was in the install directions?
    I installed mine around a year ago so don't remember exactly.

Yeah, was working and then turned the game on yesterday and now it has decided not to work. I unplugged connector and then reseated it and turned the game back on. No luck.

I did go into settings this morning and change all the start button blinking options and no luck.

I can see it's getting power and does the startup wiggle, but then it doesn't move in game.

#102 1 year ago

I'm really at a loss right now. Had a technician friend check out the servo motor and it is moving freely when the game is powered off. When it is powered on, the T-Rex head goes back to the home point and when I lightly try to move it (not forcing it), it starts to lightly hum/vibrate like it is being locked into place. We are wondering if there is some kind of error inside the control box.

#103 1 year ago

If the sevro is good easy to test then it’s the control box

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from rockrand:

If the sevro is good easy to test then it’s the control box

And nobody knows what's inside the control box? I doubt it would be user serviceable. Sounds like I need a replacement?

#105 1 year ago

I had something similar occur, except I wasn’t as gentle, and ended up replacing the servo as a result, but even after that, still had the issue. I think what eventually fixed it was going through the install manual and making sure everything was aligned and placed correctly and not binding, not sure if the shaker had slowly misaligned things or what, but I haven’t had any issues since. Perhaps the servo has some sort of protection if it senses resistance.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer97e:

I had something similar occur, except I wasn’t as gentle, and ended up replacing the servo as a result, but even after that, still had the issue. I think what eventually fixed it was going through the install manual and making sure everything was aligned and placed correctly and not binding, not sure if the shaker had slowly misaligned things or what, but I haven’t had any issues since. Perhaps the servo has some sort of protection if it senses resistance.

Thanks for the tip! I don't have a shaker motor in the game, but will definitely have another look at it.

And thanks to BC_Gambit and Rockrand for the replies as well.

I took the servo completely out of the T-Rex head when I went over to my technician friend's workshop and when he looked at it on the bench, everything seemed to be moving ok....but for peace of mind, will check it again.

#107 1 year ago

No worries.
    My only other idea was just to triple check that the wires that trigger this mod were all connected correctly. If somehow they were all disconnected I could see a situation where the servo had power and did start up but then did nothing. But if I remember right, there were at least two to three wires for the triggers?
    It seems unlikely all would have been disconnected but you never know. I do remember connecting a few of my wires a bit better than I think the default instructions were as I didn't want to have issues later.

If you have ruled all of that out then yes I for sure would contact the mod maker to see if he has any other ideas or has any extra parts available to help troubleshoot.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

No worries.
    My only other idea was just to triple check that the wires that trigger this mod were all connected correctly. If somehow they were all disconnected I could see a situation where the servo had power and did start up but then did nothing. But if I remember right, there were at least two to three wires for the triggers?
    It seems unlikely all would have been disconnected but you never know. I do remember connecting a few of my wires a bit better than I think the default instructions were as I didn't want to have issues later.
    If you have ruled all of that out then yes I for sure would contact the mod maker to see if he has any other ideas or has any extra parts available to help troubleshoot.

Yeah, there's the T-Rex event lamp, orbits and start button lamp connections....I was iffy about the pliers crushing through to the wiring when I first installed the mod. Everything seemed to work though....strange how all of a sudden it stops working when the previous day it was fine.

Tomorrow I will reseat all the connectors underneath the playfield and the other suggestions.

I just keep thinking that there's an issue with the control box because it won't move from the home point, but I have been wrong before.
    :-p

#109 1 year ago

Success! Yes, I was wrong...the problem was poking me in the eye and I didn't even notice. There was a lone red wire sticking out of the control box. "it must be an unused wire and it's just been snipped off."

I went through and reseated all the connectors underneath the playfield and then noticed another long red wire sitting on the bottom of the cabinet that originally led to the start button. Soldered them back on and all working again.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of the under playfield connectors. This might be good help if anyone runs into issues in the future.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#110 1 year ago

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you got this fixed.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.