7%
  • WoZ 27 votes
    12%

(223 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Wizard_Arcade_Panorama_07-large.jpg
b88194d45ba542e2a8814af4924b2d11.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Assume you have saved the money, have cleared out a spot in your place, are going to make a NIB purchase in the next two months, expect (despite delays) that you'll actually receive said machine before year-end, which machine would you pick?

#2 8 years ago

That was a lot tougher decision than I thought it would be (never would have the money for any of those, so I've never had to seriously consider it).
Only considered the top three... love the Walking Dead theme, but I've played the game a few times and been less than blown away.
Kiss holds no interest for me as something to own (I would definitely play on location).
WOZ is great but if given the choice I would pick the JJP theme that I was more in tune with.

Ultimately I went with Hobbit because it is beautiful, love the theme and I am assuming that the game play will be there when it is finished (I played the one brought to the Ohio show in March and it was pretty barren with next to no code).

I would take an MMR or GOT in a heartbeat (GOT for the theme and again assuming that the code will eventually be there) if someone handed me eight grand... but if this was my one and only shot at the big league I would have to go with the next gen feel of the JJP machine. Definitely stands out from existing pinball machines (although this will be quickly changing with Heighway and P3 coming down the pipe).

#3 8 years ago

Star Trek Pro

#4 8 years ago

I picked 'none of the above'.

#5 8 years ago

TWD is becoming quite epic with the new code releases - if you were going to get it NIB you'd better strike now or forever hold your peace.

#6 8 years ago

I would never pay over $6000 for a toy to have it just sitting in the house 99% of the time unused but if I was willing to do that I would pick WOZ because of the build quality over Stern machines. JJP reminds me of Williams System 11 machines and to me Williams System 11 machines were the best built pinball machines that were ever made.

Don't get me wrong - WOZ plays nothing like a System 11 it just has the best build quality of anything being built today from what I have seen.

As far as Hobbit over WOZ I picked WOZ because you can actually buy it. I hate the idea of spending money on something I can't see, feel, or play. But Hobbit would likely be my second choice.

#7 8 years ago

Alien

#8 8 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!

#9 8 years ago

Love my WOZ and TWD, but I have a feeling GOT may beat them both.

#10 8 years ago

I would get either STTNG, IJ or TAF.

#11 8 years ago

I've had more problems with my WOZ than I should have but Frank at JJP has always been there for me with his Valium voice to talk me through. After a trip to Flippers in Grandy, NC and seeing WOZ side by side with other games WOZ really stood out so I ordered a Hobbit - I just couldn't go back to a pin without the amazing JJP light show and LCD.

#12 8 years ago

Waiting for JJP#3 or WOOLY and collecting interest.

#14 8 years ago

GOT Premium.

LTG : )™

#15 8 years ago

RRWOZ OR HOBBIT

#16 8 years ago

Not super jazzed aboot owning any of them actually. I'd have to wait and see if I like GOT

#17 8 years ago

MM if any, or go buy an older original classic Bally,Williams.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

MM if any, or go buy an older original classic Bally,Williams.

I feel exactly the opposite.

MM is a great, fun game, but it falls way short of matching what the newer high-end games offer.

For the price, MM/r would be last on my list. The game originally dazzled us in 1997, but offers nothing new in the gameplay.

The newer games are visually more interesting with better rules, and offer a better value if you're already willing to over-spend on a pinball machine. High prices on the classic Bally/Williams titles have made the new games appear reasonably priced.

My money would go to JJP. The games appear to be taking pinball to the next level. And for a home game, I prefer deep rules.

#19 8 years ago

The list is a tough choice but I would give it to JJP's Hobbit due to the effort to move pinball technology forward.

#20 8 years ago

From the options you have there I would go for Hobbit.

#21 8 years ago

As others have said I would get The Hobbit.

You already own AC/DC LE and Tron Pro from Stern so why not change things up a bit and get the latest offering from JJ.

It's not like you'd have a hard time selling it if you didn't like it.

#22 8 years ago

MET Premium is the only thing out that interest me.

#23 8 years ago

None of the above???

I mean..seriously. If we're comparing Hobbit/MMR/WOZ to these other games, I should at least have the option to buy Kiss Pro AND SM VE if it comes out...or a used LOTR, because we're effectively talking about the same amount of money.

#24 8 years ago

Good question. I was hoping for more clarity playing some games that are already out at the expo. Just didn't happen.

So if it's new either GOT or TWD leaning towards pro in both models.

However wouldn't rule out XM, POTC or Tron.

Last resort hold out for SMVE. I have one space open. Choose wisely. (Indiana Jones Last Crusade) I would have a very hard time selling another pin for more room.

#25 8 years ago

if I didn't already own TWD premium, id vote for that.

If I truly, honestly believed I would get hobbit in two months, I'd vote for that.

If I never played MM or knew nothing about it, I'd vote for that.

If I cared about WOZ or KISS themes, I'd vote for that.

GOT....great theme, looks fun! It's Steve Ritchie. Yea, that gets my vote.

#26 8 years ago

Hobbit looks pretty amazing.

#27 8 years ago

My vote was Hobbit as well!! I had the chance to buy a WOZ or a ST/le, ST won, cause i saw how much trouble pinheads were having with the new WOZ!!!

#28 8 years ago

As mentioned above I too would love a MET premium.

Out of what you listed MM or GOT. I think got is looking good gameplay wise but really still hard to look at IMO.

#29 8 years ago

Off the list Woz.
But I have AMH, RZ(on list, waiting to put deposit down) and TAG coming. Not on your list.
Answer: build a shed and buy them all! Life's to short! Money is just a pita.

#30 8 years ago

Some great titles, but I wouldn't buy any of those first. I'd have AFM, TOM, LOTR and a handful of wedgeheads before I started picking from this list. Of course, having the money is not the only factor. Maybe the thread should be titled 'You've got the money, AND the space....'

#31 8 years ago

3 or 4 classic B/W's games. If I had to then TWD or GOT but they wouldn't last long. I'm really finding the older games to have vastly superior lastability in both gameplay and beauty. I equate it to block buster movies vs cult classics and while the big budget block buster is great fun the cult classic is what stands the test of time. I've sold so many 90's B/W's and newer Sterns but I just don't ever see myself being able to part with Elektra, Centaur, Embryon etc. Even if I hardly play them they just have character up the ying yang.

b88194d45ba542e2a8814af4924b2d11.jpgb88194d45ba542e2a8814af4924b2d11.jpg

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Assume you have saved the money, have cleared out a spot in your place, are going to make a NIB purchase in the next two months, expect (despite delays) that you'll actually receive said machine before year-end, which machine would you pick?

Why limit yourself to a NIB game? There are thousands of titles out there, and while NIB examples of games you never think you'll see do come up FS NIB, realistically, there are probably 20 titles available NIB. Virgins aren't all they are cracked up to be

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Why limit yourself to a NIB game? There are thousands of titles out there, and while NIB examples of games you never think you'll see do come up FS NIB, realistically, there are probably 20 titles available NIB. Virgins aren't all they are cracked up to be

I just bought my first N.I.B. and I hafta say......opening that box, smelling new pin, seeing a playfield like glass.......pretty up there on my list of Pinball experiences

#35 8 years ago

I'm really not seeing the appeal of that game at all, I like the film very much but I don't think its a good theme for pinball, modes seem forced, just not my cup of tea I guess, Aliens on the other hand scratches me right were I itch, that being said TBL, Aliens, Hobbit should all be in that in list.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just bought my first N.I.B. and I hafta say......opening that box, smelling new pin, seeing a playfield like glass.......pretty up there on my list of Pinball experiences

I agree and love it but its equal for me to bringing a older pin back from the dead and restoring it to glory, that has more lastibility than that NIB smell and all that. JMO

#37 8 years ago

TBL not on the list. Of course you can't buy one yet, but you can't exactly buy the Hobbit yet either - you can preorder.
TBL gets my vote. Gonna hurt to part with that much money, but it looks killer.

#38 8 years ago

I'd like to say The Hobbit. But too early to say.

Likely for me none of the above. Stern needs to advance its display into the 21st century.

I'm waiting for JJP#3 and Alien as well as Stern with color display.

Meantime I'll just play what I got.

#39 8 years ago

I probably go with WOZ

That machine with all those toys and color changing rgb is probably the best light show pin there is

Hand draw art with a giant LCD screen. JJP built a great machine

Twdle - I have
GoTLE - already ordered
Hobbit - if I ordered. Definitely won't be here in 2 months
Kiss - I'm not a fan of them.
Mmr - looks great. But just don't want another midevil theme with got

Built ultimately, I would hold on to cash and wait to see what coming out.

Star Wars would be killer
Alien - I really want to see this in action. We know the art package will be great

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I picked 'none of the above'.

Me too. I think I'd rather score up a couple system 11 pins.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

We know the art package will be great

After seeing the white wood it's more than just the art. Looks amazing!

#42 8 years ago

If I had the cash it would be TBL 1st if holding only to the list then its The Hobbit

#43 8 years ago

I had the money, and I spent it on Wooly. It's actually my game some of you played at Pinball Expo. No regrets. Scott under-promised and over-delivered. Starting with the sound track from 2 steps from Hell. He never mentioned this when we made a deal, and it was a very good surprise.

No lost love from me. And the Music-gate was the last nail on the coffin.

#44 8 years ago

Out of those choices, Hobbit as it looks like a 2015 pin and for the cost these games are, that is important. And with Keith and 34 modes it should last in the home.

But, I put my money on BOP 2.0 as it is 25% of the cost of some of these new games and it is at least in color and not red dots!

Waiting to see what the JJP3 is like, as rumors are that it is going to be special.

#45 8 years ago

None. I have the money, but none are worth the money to me. There is never room, until you have to make some.

If you kept the money out of the equation and said someone had all of these games and needed to store one in my living room for a few months . . . I'd say Hobbit.

#46 8 years ago

JJP #3. No contest as a I am a Lawlor fanboy.

#47 8 years ago

Based on your description, TWD before you can't get them NIB anymore? Truly a great game and the others should still be in production for awhile.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

none of the above

#49 8 years ago

Wait for Star Wars

#50 8 years ago

Decisions, Decisions. Life can be really tough for me sometimes.

Pinball_Wizard_Arcade_Panorama_07-large.jpgPinball_Wizard_Arcade_Panorama_07-large.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
13,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youve-got-the-money-what-do-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.