1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

We are dropping our cable company as of August 16th because it is too expensive. I have signed up for YouTube TV (entered credit card, created user ID and password), but I still cannot get UT TV on my Sony Bravia smart tv. Do I have to unhook the cable box in order to receive UT TV?

Thanks,

Alan

#2 1 year ago

You don't have to unhook your cable.

Are you using the YouTube TV app on your smart TV? Did you sign in through your computer? Are you using a device like Roku?

#3 1 year ago

Either stream through youtube tv app on your smart tv interface. Or through Apple tv, roku, amazon fire, etc. Very easy to set up, love it compared to regular wired cable

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Are you using the YouTube TV app on your smart TV?

My TV has a YouTube app, but not a YouTube TV app. I can get all the YouTube videos I want on my TV but I cannot get UT TV.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Did you sign in through your computer?

I signed in through my Samsung cell and the TV has acknowledged it

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Are you using a device like Roku?

What's a ROKU? I have an Amazon Firestick, but I was told that I did not need it on my smart tv.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

My TV has a YouTube app, but not a YouTube TV app. I can get all the YouTube videos I want on my TV but I cannot get UT TV.

I signed in through my Samsung cell and the TV has acknowledged it

What's a ROKU? I have an Amazon Firestick, but I was told that I did not need it on my smart tv.

Your Firestick will work and yes, if you don't have the YouTube TV app on your TV you do need to use the Firestick.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Roku is similar to the Firestick, but it has way more channels/content. Same idea - an extra device you can add to your TV. I’m a big supporter of it because you can get the base model for $20 or less, and they are supported FAR longer than a SmartTV’s apps. Almost all of my TVs have stopped updating their apps, but their display is perfectly fine. Hence, Roku. You still need to sign in to HBO, Amazon, Netflix, etc but it simplifies everything - one remote, no hassle.

#7 1 year ago

Youtube and youtubeTV, are separate.

Reinstall YoutubeTV, if you have it, by deleting it first, and redoing setup with a new pass code.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youtube-tv-and-cable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.