Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinafterdeath (resized).jpg
    32AD500F-1846-4B77-A922-20297A80411F (resized).png
    2F724B15-09CC-4034-9800-40A0D3C30676 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.png
    parts_001 (resized).jpg
    star_wars_03 (resized).jpg
    star_wars_01 (resized).jpg
    selling_03 (resized).jpg
    selling_02 (resized).jpg
    2010s_01 (resized).jpg
    2000s_02a (resized).jpg
    2000s_01a (resized).jpg
    1990s_01a (resized).jpg
    1980s_01a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Ok, so where do you believe your machines will be 5 years after you are dead.

540A9FC4-68DA-46C5-A836-5A7342202C98 (resized).jpeg540A9FC4-68DA-46C5-A836-5A7342202C98 (resized).jpeg

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

"Your".....
    "You're" is a contraction for "You are", so your sentence would read "You are pins after your death", which is much more interesting to think about...I want to be T2.
    Other than that, 8 or 10 of mine will be bequeathed, the rest sold. The wife will keep a few, i know.

Corrected! Thanks!

#17 3 years ago

My wife acts like she’s going to save them for sentimental value. Yea right.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

Maybe some here will find this interesting... maybe not...
    My Father got me into this hobby… he collected Jukeboxes from 1969 until his sudden and unexpected death in 2015.
    He had over 30 Jukeboxes, and a handful Pinball Machines and arcade games.
    I won't get into the details of everything that happened, but my father and step mother didn't have a will yet (they had an appointment the next month to do one) and after a lot of fighting I ended up being the one to sell all of his machines (It was a little over a year of Hell).
    All of these were sold (yes sold… even to me, I had to buy them from the estate)
    2 Jukeboxes, 1 Pinball, and 3 arcade games were kept by my Step Mother. She recently sold the house and only kept 1 of the jukeboxes…. One arcade game went to my cousin, the rest I have no idea what happened to.
    6 Jukeboxes, 6 Pinball, and 3 arcade games were kept by me. I still have all of those but had to sell off a lot of my stuff to keep them.
    1 Jukebox went to my step sister.
    5 Jukeboxes and a coke machine went to my father’s best friend and fellow collector in Maine.
    5 Jukeboxes (and a ton of parts and other odds and ends) went to a Jukebox Collector/Flipper in Connecticut.
    1 Jukebox went to a guy who was just getting into the hobby in New York.
    1 Jukebox went to a family in New Jersey who wanted a jukebox to put in their retro kitchen and house their collection of reggae records.
    3 Jukeboxes went to a collector in the same town my father lived in who had never met each other
    1 Jukebox and 3 arcade games went to an island off the coast of Maine to a small town that use to be a Military Base… they have a common area in an old bowling alley with a little arcade for the residents.
    2 Pinballs were sold to a local junk guy… he sold one of those to a Bowling Alley in Gloucester, Ma. The other one went to another local collector (Ace), who then sold it to someone ells…. And last year I found It on display at Pintastic and had a great conversation about the machine with the new owners.
    1 Jukebox went to a local pinball club (the Sanctum).
    1 Pinball went to a collector in MA.
    2 Arcade Game went to a friend of mine and fellow collectors in NH.
    1 Arcade Game and 2 Pinballs went to friends of mine, fellow collectors, and members here in MA.
    1 Jukebox, 1 Pinball, and one Arcade games went to my cousin in NH.
    1 Jukebox went to New England Jukebox in Connecticut.
    1 Pinball went to a friends of mine and fellow collector in NH, then he sold it to another friend of mine in MA., who then sold it to another friend of mine in HN.
    1 Arcade Game went to the Pinball Wizard Arcade
    I’m sure I’m forgetting a few, but as you can see they ended up all over. I had a few offers on machines to sell them over sea, but I’m not interested in doing that, so I would just reject those offers.
    ~Jeff[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice read. Thanks for sharing.

#37 3 years ago

....Older women Posted on Facebook Market.“PingPong 5 ball Zombie game.” For sale $1500 Firm. Her son passed away 1 Year ago and this machine was taking up to much space. A crappie picture was posted. Guess what it was....

#44 3 years ago

It was TWD Premium.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just a reminder for all you punks that scramble to buy my games once I am gone... I rubbed my junk on the lock down bars.

Not a Problem. Novis 3 and all good.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

I could see my boy laying full claim to the STTNG. He’s 20 and just rediscovered the magic. As for any others... I’ll probably do my family a solid and sell them before I kick the bucket, or take em to the old folks home with me for others to enjoy and work on. Unless I jump straight to a gosh forsaken skilled nursing facility... then it’s napkins and drool time.

ROGL.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My kids already have me dead and gone. The fuckers already put dibs on who gets what: guitars; pinball machines; tools. Little bastard grandkids can't be too far behind, either. I had a son-in-law that wanted my LOTR when I die. Actually told me that to my face. The next week, I decided the LOTR needed to get gone, so I sold it. A month after that, my daughter decided the son-in-law needed to be gone as well. That's karma, bitch.
    When I die, I hope I have a bottle of kerosene in one hand and some matches in the other. This is one ship that's going down with its captain.

Best response yet, my 1 and only grandson loves all my Pinball’s. Seen in my collection pics. Little does he know. He gets the house with everything in it! My 4 Adult kids don’t get shit!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I keep a list of all my toys with prices (stereo equipment, pins, guitars etc) so if I go, it’ll be much easier for my wife or whoever to sell them. I also let her know which of our friends have some knowledge about these things and would help her not get ripped off. I also have a list of all of our accounts and life insurance policies. My dad died suddenly with everything in disarray and it was a nightmare helping my mom unwind everything and tie up all loose ends. Not gonna let that happen to my family.

Good Idea.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Did you grab it?

This is my best buddies story. Yes, he got it. He was bored in 2 months.... He’s a fucking moron. Traded it for Munsters.....moron.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I’m not sure, obvious answer is to split the collection between my pinball-loving sons, but...
    My dad passed 10 years ago, leaving my brother and I a couple of classic cars among a few other nice things. Owning/working on/driving old cars was always something we both aspired to do, but bereavement had other plans for us and we could barely bring ourselves to even start the cars for a good 2-3 years, let alone think about driving or actually enjoying them.
    So I guess the question is a little more vexing than it initially appears! (Then again, current events, generally lowered expectations, and the recent anniversary (5/29) of dad’s death all contribute to a somewhat wistful, brooding state of mind which clouds questions such as this.)

Thanks for sharing this story...

#87 3 years ago

Everyone says that their kids will eventually be interested. It was a special time late 70s 80s and early 90s for us adults and these toys. Kids nowadays want to download the next game,app until they get bored....I don’t see it happening.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I had started thinking about this about a year ago as I was wondering about making sure my game room investment was protected correctly. So I created a Google Sheet to track its history and give an idea for my family of its possible value. Most games I don't expect to mean much to anyone after I am gone. Hi Deal has become part of the family and will probably continue with one of my kids. TAF I actually bought for my oldest daughter since it was her favorite, so she might choose to keep it. The rest really only have an interest to myself. My gameroom might only be my dream, but it is an investment and I am sure my family will appreciate knowing what has helped bring it to life.
    [quoted image]

Wow, now that’s being organized.

1 week later
    #109 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Despite the pins being worth more, I think the Corvette in the garage will be at the top of of everyone's list...[quoted image]

...are we related.

1 week later
    #120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

When my dad died after a car accident, he had no will, it was horrible dealing with it. It took years and tens of thousands of dollars dealing with the state and the lawyers. We had to legally abandon the house because we couldn’t afford it and the mortgage company refused it and would only take cash payment (it was the sketchiest, dirtbag company going) so we had to dump it on them. We got royally screwed and unfortunately a lot of “friends” swarmed like flies trying to get deals on all his tools and his 5 full sized Mac tool boxes and everything. He was a welder, HVAC, pipe and steam fitter, so he had tons of high dollar tools. It was sad. Only 3 or 4 of them turned out to be the good ones and we ended up moving everything and placing them in safe keeping. Not only “friends” but NEIGHBORS started breaking into his house and his shed and stealing things. Luckily we were able to WATCH the thieves bring their haul back to their house and turns out, even though we LOCKED our shed, they didn’t. They got arrested.
    Anyway, make sure you take panoramic picture of EVERYTHING if you end up in a situation like me, or better yet, ensure you and your parents have a will. MAKE SURE THE LAWYER HOLDS ONTO A COPY! My friend’s mother was in this position and definitely had a will, but she was a hoarder and nobody could find it. My friend has a terribly time dealing with it and has been stuck dealing with lawyers for years as well.

Thanks for sharing this story...wow,...the wife and I recently made a will...mother in law also had a horror story. Her And her husband had no will. When he passed, she had to sell the house, she couldn’t afford. 1/2 Of everything was turned over to 6 of his children they were all in prison. Kids from his first marriage. His children “in prison” never contacted their father in over 30 years, even when they where free....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar666.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youre-pins-after-your-death?tu=gorgar666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.