New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 270117)

Your Pins after your Death.

By Gorgar666

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinafterdeath (resized).jpg
    32AD500F-1846-4B77-A922-20297A80411F (resized).png
    2F724B15-09CC-4034-9800-40A0D3C30676 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.png
    parts_001 (resized).jpg
    star_wars_03 (resized).jpg
    star_wars_01 (resized).jpg
    selling_03 (resized).jpg
    selling_02 (resized).jpg
    2010s_01 (resized).jpg
    2000s_02a (resized).jpg
    2000s_01a (resized).jpg
    1990s_01a (resized).jpg
    1980s_01a (resized).jpg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 months ago

All I know is when I come back. People had better taken really good care of my stuff. I'll be needing it.

LTG : )

#102 4 months ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

but still won't touch the new JP...says it's too hard.

That's how it starts... First, it's too hard... Eventually, it's a challenge...

#103 4 months ago

I had started thinking about this about a year ago as I was wondering about making sure my game room investment was protected correctly. So I created a Google Sheet to track its history and give an idea for my family of its possible value. Most games I don't expect to mean much to anyone after I am gone. Hi Deal has become part of the family and will probably continue with one of my kids. TAF I actually bought for my oldest daughter since it was her favorite, so she might choose to keep it. The rest really only have an interest to myself. My gameroom might only be my dream, but it is an investment and I am sure my family will appreciate knowing what has helped bring it to life.

#104 4 months ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I had started thinking about this about a year ago as I was wondering about making sure my game room investment was protected correctly. So I created a Google Sheet to track its history and give an idea for my family of its possible value. Most games I don't expect to mean much to anyone after I am gone. Hi Deal has become part of the family and will probably continue with one of my kids. TAF I actually bought for my oldest daughter since it was her favorite, so she might choose to keep it. The rest really only have an interest to myself. My gameroom might only be my dream, but it is an investment and I am sure my family will appreciate knowing what has helped bring it to life.
    [quoted image]

Wow, now that’s being organized.

#105 4 months ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Well done sir

#106 4 months ago

I got 3 pins .. TFTC, Data Easts Tommy, and Mars God Of War!!

I probably will never part with my TFTC!!

#107 4 months ago

Despite the pins being worth more, I think the Corvette in the garage will be at the top of of everyone's list...

#108 4 months ago

I think my daughters already know which is more interested in the pins they want and who gets the car. Until then, they are mine

2F724B15-09CC-4034-9800-40A0D3C30676 (resized).jpeg32AD500F-1846-4B77-A922-20297A80411F (resized).png
    #109 4 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Despite the pins being worth more, I think the Corvette in the garage will be at the top of of everyone's list...[quoted image]

...are we related.

#110 4 months ago

Bonfire cremation, pins on bottom, my corpse on top. Who says you can’t take it with you?

#111 4 months ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

...are we related.

I'll put your name on the list... LOL

1 week later
    #112 4 months ago
    Quoted from Redfive05:

I honestly wish My father had taken care of his will sooner. Dealing with selling off his assets while dealing with my stepmother was pure hell. The fighting, the lawyer fees, her accusing me of stealing things. Even simple things like her asking me where something from his collection went was a huge deal and hassle. She would ask her lawyer who would ask my lawyer who would ask me... then I would send her the bill of sale we both signed for the item again (I would give her a copy of the bill of sale when a machine sold) with a copy of the deposite slip for that item (again).... that will be $400 in lawyer fees.
    We dont talk now. She sold my father's house last year.... my childhood home I grew up in.... and never even told me.
    The worst thing.... my father had a will with my mother who passes away 1989.... my step mother found it, didnt tell me, and shredded it. I know this happened because she gave me a box of papers she went through and left the empty envelope labeled "Will" with both their names on it. I remember them having one made before my mom died when I was 12. I know where the will was drafted and filed. I could have got that will and screwed her out of everything.... but that's not what my dad would have wanted, so I let her have the house, and let state law take its path.
    Sorry... I guess I'm venting now... I'm still emotionally dealing with it all 5 years later. I guess what I'm saying is if you care about your family and what they might go through after you are gone.... get a will.
    -Jeff

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

We have a will and a trust. both boys are executors. The pins (and everything else) are listed with values. They also have names of close friends that will help them deal with games they wish to sell (They each have their favorites). My Mom passed (somewhat suddenly...) in Jan. of 2017 she had her house and anything else she had basically in dual ownership or transfer on death but she had no will. So on top of dealing with her passing I had to deal with everything it took me almost a month to get her death certificate because the M.E. wouldn't sign off on it (hence one reason for the lawyer) nothing was organized and after going through everything in her house and getting her "estate" settled with lawyers (she was in Florida and I'm not so different rules etc.) to help me figure out what I had to do..was all a nightmarish expensive ordeal and I still had to deal with loosing her. Then my great Aunt (also in Fla. but a different city) passed in July of 2017 (@ 100 and a half yoa.) She had a trust/will and everything pretty much came to me except for things she had designated for charities. It was still an ordeal but at least I had some idea of what was happening with her estate and it wasn't nearly as stressful as my Mom. We decided that we didn't want our boys to have to deal with anything close to that...so we got the will/trust done ASAP so some of the ordeal will be dealt with for them and with the help of friends they won't be "on their own" so to speak...
    Phoebe

When my dad died after a car accident, he had no will, it was horrible dealing with it. It took years and tens of thousands of dollars dealing with the state and the lawyers. We had to legally abandon the house because we couldn’t afford it and the mortgage company refused it and would only take cash payment (it was the sketchiest, dirtbag company going) so we had to dump it on them. We got royally screwed and unfortunately a lot of “friends” swarmed like flies trying to get deals on all his tools and his 5 full sized Mac tool boxes and everything. He was a welder, HVAC, pipe and steam fitter, so he had tons of high dollar tools. It was sad. Only 3 or 4 of them turned out to be the good ones and we ended up moving everything and placing them in safe keeping. Not only “friends” but NEIGHBORS started breaking into his house and his shed and stealing things. Luckily we were able to WATCH the thieves bring their haul back to their house and turns out, even though we LOCKED our shed, they didn’t. They got arrested.

Anyway, make sure you take panoramic picture of EVERYTHING if you end up in a situation like me, or better yet, ensure you and your parents have a will. MAKE SURE THE LAWYER HOLDS ONTO A COPY! My friend’s mother was in this position and definitely had a will, but she was a hoarder and nobody could find it. My friend has a terribly time dealing with it and has been stuck dealing with lawyers for years as well.

#113 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

"Your".....
    "You're" is a contraction for "You are", so your sentence would read "You are pins after your death", which is much more interesting to think about...I want to be T2.
    Other than that, 8 or 10 of mine will be bequeathed, the rest sold. The wife will keep a few, i know.

His sentence was correct. He said your not you're which is correct. What am I missing? Or, did he change it after the fact?

#114 4 months ago

I have this really strong on going phobia with death, its really bothering me. Sometimes I can’t even sleep. Not sure if its fear, knowing when the ends comes I will never be able to see my daughter or other family again, or if its because life is going too fast and I didnt do crap with my life other then work.

Man I need to quit my job and play some pinball before its too late !

#115 4 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

His sentence was correct. He said your not you're which is correct. What am I missing?

He already edited his post.

#116 4 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have this really strong on going phobia with death, its really bothering me. Sometimes I can’t even sleep. Not sure if its fear, knowing when the ends comes I will never be able to see my daughter or other family again, or if its because life is going too fast and I didnt do crap with my life other then work.
    Man I need to quit my job and play some pinball before its too late !

Haha this thread has definitely made me think about it more than I normally would. I have definitely noticed that the older you get, the faster time slips away from you. Hell, it's almost July already...

#118 4 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

have a will. MAKE SURE THE LAWYER HOLDS ONTO A COPY!

The better plan is to make sure your lawyer holds onto the original.

If a client holds onto the original, it will go missing likely. Probating a copy is much more difficult. There is a presumption that a missing Will was destroyed by testator (at least in NY).

Have lawyer retain original. Trust me

#119 4 months ago

I have not read the entire thread yet but....

Two things. Sorry for the grammar police...

Some were funny some were just being... you know what.

Anyway sometimes some good things happens after death and that is machines move one to people who want them and will treasure them

I tried for years to buy 2 of the ones I have now For 10 years because they were sitting in a garage unused for years. Friend of my family.

61 showboat
    65 bank a ball

It was kinda like the old car collector, someday I will fix them up.

He unfortunately passed and he told his family I wanted those machines, before he passed because he wanted them to move on.

So I ended up with them I paid a fair price for the condition they were in.

They were so happy to see them with new back glasses, cleaned up and operating again.

I will never do a complete restore because of the local history, because of names engraved in them.

So in a way memory’s were passed down.

Sorry for any grammatical errors of the police see this!!

Oh and I just reread the grammar police stuff and just caught it doesn’t look like anyone was be rude, in fact quite funny. Sorry for that rant!

#120 4 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

When my dad died after a car accident, he had no will, it was horrible dealing with it. It took years and tens of thousands of dollars dealing with the state and the lawyers. We had to legally abandon the house because we couldn’t afford it and the mortgage company refused it and would only take cash payment (it was the sketchiest, dirtbag company going) so we had to dump it on them. We got royally screwed and unfortunately a lot of “friends” swarmed like flies trying to get deals on all his tools and his 5 full sized Mac tool boxes and everything. He was a welder, HVAC, pipe and steam fitter, so he had tons of high dollar tools. It was sad. Only 3 or 4 of them turned out to be the good ones and we ended up moving everything and placing them in safe keeping. Not only “friends” but NEIGHBORS started breaking into his house and his shed and stealing things. Luckily we were able to WATCH the thieves bring their haul back to their house and turns out, even though we LOCKED our shed, they didn’t. They got arrested.
    Anyway, make sure you take panoramic picture of EVERYTHING if you end up in a situation like me, or better yet, ensure you and your parents have a will. MAKE SURE THE LAWYER HOLDS ONTO A COPY! My friend’s mother was in this position and definitely had a will, but she was a hoarder and nobody could find it. My friend has a terribly time dealing with it and has been stuck dealing with lawyers for years as well.

Thanks for sharing this story...wow,...the wife and I recently made a will...mother in law also had a horror story. Her And her husband had no will. When he passed, she had to sell the house, she couldn’t afford. 1/2 Of everything was turned over to 6 of his children they were all in prison. Kids from his first marriage. His children “in prison” never contacted their father in over 30 years, even when they where free....

#121 4 months ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

His children “in prison” never contacted their father in over 30 years, even when they where free....

I can better that story. My aunt and two cousins sued my grandfather because they didn't like the way he was spending it. There was a trust and they thought they were entitled to the money so they sued him. Thank God a great person helped him out or they would have taken everything he had.

#122 4 months ago

Grandkids will get everything house and all it's contents regardless of who goes first.

#123 4 months ago

Like many here, I keep a spreadsheet with descriptions, when bought, who from, how much, current worth as of date, etc. Not worried about my wife getting ripped off, she knows enough about them and has gone on plenty of pin retrieval trips with me to know the deal. She will keep a few to play and sell the rest I'm sure. I know neither of my daughters are interested, but I would like to give them each two and suggest they keep for the grandkids - might be able to convince them of that.

This thread did make me think about updating the will, its been a while, and also reevaluate my pinball insurance rider ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Plastics
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 30.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 3.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside