(Topic ID: 12483)

Your WORST deal and BEST deal

By Slate

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield_middle.jpg
    PDR_0339.JPG
    playfield_stripped.jpg
    PDR_0881.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Was some thread on ES and F14 pricing and it was a frenzy. Was curious to what everyones worst and best deal was after factoring fixing it up and where it stands today in value.

My worst would have to be Strikes and Spares years ago when I did not know anything about pinball. The playfield was down to wood. I thought it was easy to fix (decals) and I was wrong.
    Paid $500 for it and after painting it it still looks like ass.

My BEST deal may be TOTAN. Bought right off route for $2700 last year. Was covered in dust, selenoid was fried and looked rough. After I got it home and started cleaning it I realized it was mint. Cab 100%, back box, playfield 100%. Put about $500 in LED's, gold legs, new coin door.
    Looks like it came out of the factory now.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

HOw did you locate a Whitewater for $900? What a deal!

I got a whitewater last sept for $1000. Missing the CPU board and topper.
    I got a new board for less than $200 and the topper and decal (no mirror effect) for $70.

Wish I had a real moving sim topper. Anyway for $1500 finished with LED's was a great deal.

Those deals make up for all the bad ones. So in the end everything works out. I paid too much for a Judge Dreed and have 2k rolled into it at in the end and the cab is not the best. So live and learn.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Best deals -
    My first Cactus Canyon - $1500
    T2 - $100 in raffle tickets
    Restored and ultimately sold both. I'm on CC#3 now.
    Luckily I have no worst deal, unless you count the NOS CC playfield I sold for $300...

Wow. My Best deals do not seem so Best anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-worst-deal-and-best-deal?tu=slate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.