(Topic ID: 167098)

Your views on Tilting? Cheating, tactic or blasphemy?

By Playmatic

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AR-150429753 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playmatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This may be a taboo topic. What is everyone's views on tilting? I was brought up to take care of my parents machines and not handle them roughly, so I've only tilted a few times in my youth at the arcades. I have a lot of respect for the machines as objects, and I suppose seeing someone tilt a machine puts a shiver down my spine.

This may be a collector's mindset, IDK. I'm not blonde, but I sure can act that way at times.

To tilt or not to tilt, that is the question?

I myself am on team No Tilt. I got my significant other into pinball, and I've always tought him to respect the machine. If he tilts on purpose, game's over for him! :p

My apologies in advance for stirring things up, or if my take on things is a view of the minority. Rock on, fellow Pinball Wizards!

#4 7 years ago

Some good replies already. I understand the act of being gentle at home. As far as competitions go, I'm not as good at pinball as much as I love it. I say if i'm going to lose a ball it's fate, tilting to save it just feels wrong.

Once again, I don't believe I could consider myself great let alone even close to tournament status.

Tilting is still considered cheating in my home. If I pay for the machine, people better treat her like a lady!

Quick question: Can tilting damage the leg mounts on a machine? I always assumed it would over time? Do newer machines have some suspension, or do you guys play on carpet?

Keep up the great advice and thoughts!

#8 7 years ago

Once again, great replies. Especially the psi/exerted force explanation.

My brain is wired backwards anyway though, I'm sure i'd get the opposite result than desired if I attempted to nudge! Haha.

#10 7 years ago

I treat my used & abused vintage guitars like heirlooms. I rock out, use them for their intended purpose, but would never get careless.

Once again, just was raised around machines and I knew that jerking machines around would most definitely upset both my parents. Some things get set in your mind.

...and not every lady wants to be treated too gentle! :p

#13 7 years ago

This thread is great, I'd still say that I'm at a point that nudging would harm my gameplay more than help (maybe one day).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playmatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-views-on-tilting-cheating-tactic-or-blasphemy?tu=playmatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.