(Topic ID: 167098)

Your views on Tilting? Cheating, tactic or blasphemy?

By Playmatic

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AR-150429753 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

the games are designed to be nudged, and literally EVERY good player nudges the game right up to the edge of tilting in competition. you aren't going to hurt the game unless you slam it around well beyond where the tilt sensor ought to be set anyway.

Exactly. You will never become a great player unless you learn the art of nudging. And people who nudge will occasionally tilt. It's unavoidable.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

While nudging the machine is without a doubt part of the game if your tilting a game your doing it wrong. If you need to rock a game so hard it tilts for a ball save youve obviously already lost control of the ball and are unlikely to regain control after rattling the crap out of it. In the 20+ years ive been playing i probably dont even average a single tilt per year. I may only see a warning flash on a dmd screen once every 20 games or so. Since joining a league ive noticed its always the guys that consistently tilt that are at the bottom of the pack. I'll go out on a limb here and say if you are constantly tilting machines you probably SUCK at pinball.

True, if you are tilting all the time, then you are clearly doing something wrong. The good players will monitor the tilt warnings, and then ease up once they are close to a tilt.

#49 7 years ago

Unfortunately, there are some people that will really abuse a machine if the tilt is too loose. When I see it happen on location, I usually ask them politely to take it easy. If they ask me why I care, then I'll lie and say that the machine belongs to a friend of mine. It amazes me how little respect some people have for other people's property. Even if there is no tilt bob at all, that doesn't give you the right to damage the machine.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Part of any nudging strategy is to a have sense of how tight the tilt is (and ideally how many warnings), and to also know how critical the end of ball bonus is to scoring. Some games save up a lot of the big points and pay them out at the bonus and it can be quite painful to have a great ball, tilt out and, well, maybe turn it into not a great ball.

Exactly. Tilting can have huge ramifications, particularly when you are playing in a competitive situation. In fact, tilt warning are so important that in our league we will tell the other players if we see they received a warning. Normally, this would be the responsibility of the player, but it is usually so loud from all the games being played that you can't hear the warning. It only seems fair that someone be aware of the fact that they received a warning.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-views-on-tilting-cheating-tactic-or-blasphemy?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.