(Topic ID: 167098)

Your views on Tilting? Cheating, tactic or blasphemy?

By Playmatic

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AR-150429753 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cody_chunn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

Tilting is not cheating. Tilting is the penalty for trying to cheat.

Nudging/shaking is not cheating until you tilt, where you surpass the allowance for moving the game, and enter the realm of cheating.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Are you talking about tilting or nudging? Tilting is neither cheating nor a tactic, since there is no advantage to be gained by doing it.

However, the exception that proves the rule is tilting as your score approaches rollover to get HSTD and how ever many knocks it gives out, preferably 3.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

One Coast2Coast Pinball episode Nate discussed playing a tournament game where his opponent intentionally tilted hard enough to bounce balls out of the locks on a lock stealing machine. Legal, but only because it's problematic to determine intent. I say that crosses the line of acceptable.

That is douchebaggery right there. Shoulda been disqualified.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought it sounded like good strategy myself. You have to be pretty experienced to know how to do that.

No, that is straight up cheating. I'm making assumptions here, like the TILT mechs were in good shape and working properly. Shaking the machine enough to get a ball out of a saucer or other lock-staging mech should result in TILT immediately. When TILT appears on the game, that turn is OVER and the player should no longer have his hands on the game. If he continued after TILT he should have been disqualified.

If he heaved the game so hard the ball came out of the lock should fall under "Abuse" and be disqualified.

IMO, but I'm nobody.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

You make it sound like he picked it up and kept shaking it till every ball fell out of the lock. That's not how I imagined it. If he gave one good shove and the balls came out, that seems OK to me.

And that would be fine. However, I can't recall any game where the balls would just "shake out" of a physical lock with a "good shove". I did admit I made assumptions...

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from caylegeorge:

The game in question had factory software that ejects all balls from the lock(s) on tilt. it had nothing to do with force, and everything to do with the tilt state coming on.

Hey, when you have all the facts things become clear. No douchebaggery there. Just manipulation (the good kind) of the games rules.

I-fork-T

Thanks Cayle!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cody_chunn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-views-on-tilting-cheating-tactic-or-blasphemy?tu=cody_chunn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.