(Topic ID: 167098)

Your views on Tilting? Cheating, tactic or blasphemy?

By Playmatic

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AR-150429753 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

If you're not nudging, slide-saving, etc, you're missing at least half of the fun/skill/tactile immersion of which pinball is all about.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

While nudging the machine is without a doubt part of the game if your tilting a game your doing it wrong. If you need to rock a game so hard it tilts for a ball save youve obviously already lost control of the ball and are unlikely to regain control after rattling the crap out of it. In the 20+ years ive been playing i probably dont even average a single tilt per year. I may only see a warning flash on a dmd screen once every 20 games or so. Since joining a league ive noticed its always the guys that consistently tilt that are at the bottom of the pack. I'll go out on a limb here and say if you are constantly tilting machines you probably SUCK at pinball.

If you're playing a game like Iron Man where the ball is constantly out-of-control and in danger and you're draining all 3 balls without getting at least one or two danger warnings, you're doing it wrong.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Exactly what I was going to say. That would actually make a great t-shirt.
    -Steve

Pretty close:

http://www.ddpinball.com/shirts/tilting-is-trying-shirt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-views-on-tilting-cheating-tactic-or-blasphemy?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.