• Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20131022_113902_zps7bf01e84.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Modded Tron Pro, the complete pinball package.

#52 9 years ago

Bought AC/DC 6 months ago, 1000+ games later it's still going strong. Such a fast and brutal game, fun too. Plus I think because of how fast it is, I've improved my playing skills more than if I had not bought it

#53 9 years ago

IMVE and ST pro are definitely keepers. Super happy with both nib.

#54 9 years ago

I think everything loses its luster in a small collection. That said, ACDC is my favorite. But, they're are times where I won't play it much for a period.

#55 9 years ago

AC/DC Back in Black !

#56 9 years ago

WOZ for me. I have had it over a year now and still love it.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Your top NIB/HUO purchase that has yet to lose its luster.

Saw the thread title and was going to reply...

Quoted from 27dnast:

We've seen a lot of great games released since 2010. If you bought a NIB game made since 2010, and it hasn't lost its allure tell us what it is and why.

...but then you had to go and limit it to 2010 games and newer.

#58 9 years ago

Tron LE ..... got it in preorder, have played it a ton, and I still enjoy it like the day I got it (well the day I opened it...it sat in my game room for a few days before I opened it for a game night)

#59 9 years ago

I have bought new five of my seven games.

Tron and IM VE are my two favorites and both were under $5k plan on keeping them forever.

Potc while not my favorite at least has not cost me anything I mean likely to sell it for close to what I paid for it 7-8 years ago so I've no complaints with that.

Xmle now I iove it, but was not always so, I'm glad I stuck with it.

STLE while I like it a lot I'm not sure I am happy as it was by far the costliest and I'm not 100% happy with the code, I sure hope Stern does something with it code wise because I'll always be thinking I gave up MMR for this? I do think it had the potential but at current I'm not as happy with it as I'd like and I'm underwater if I sell it.

AcDc premium I didn't buy nib but just about and I think that's a best buy keep forever pin so I'm happy with that.

So out of 5(6)

I have 3 never leaving pins IM, Tron and AcDc premium

And three solid but not fantastic pins PotC, Xmle and STLE

#60 9 years ago

XMLE was a rough road but happy I held on.

Not new but MET, IM and Tron have never got old to me. I have not played enough ACDC premium to say for sure but it was really fun when I did play it.

#61 9 years ago

Four of my six were NIB. Luci and X-men are the keepers forever (until they're not). Metallica is awesome, and I like STLE just fine, although an update would be nice. They would both go before Luci and X-men would though.

#63 9 years ago

Only got 1, my METpro, and still loving it.

#64 9 years ago

ALE

#66 9 years ago

Metallica, ACDC, TROn -newest in Mustang and TWD so those are yet to be 1 year tested.

Quickest that I wanted to go Hulk LE- very frustrating and was replaced by AV pro which I loved.

If someone had the money today for a NIB I would suggest Metallica Pro over all machines in production.

If ACDC was back on the line Prem is the best machine made in the last few years followed closely by Tron pro. Tron pro you have to mod to make it better IMO.

#67 9 years ago

There are 2 games that will never leave my line up, MET Premium & TWDLE (learning to love it's little foibles), the other two current are/will be up for sale.
ST Premium is currently listed (absolutely love this game, great lightshow and I will have another one again) & I almost feel un-Australian for saying so but AC/DC LED PRO, will also soon be on the chopping block.
Cheers, Jason.

#68 9 years ago

I have only purchased two NIB; AC/DC Premium and Metallica Premium Refinery Edition. I hova owned AC/DC for 10 months longer than Met, but I have played twice as many games on Metallica already (I bought it in July last year). I want to play Metallica often, and I play at least one game on most nights. I play AC/DC maybe once a month now.

This summer, I will choose between selling the AC/DC, or spending the money on it to add all of the Pinball Refinery mods. I am leaning towards selling, but my wife wants it to stay. I may add the mods just to try to turn it into a game I want to play more.

To be fair, I wanted Metallica more than AC/DC when I bought AC/DC. My wife liked AC/DC more, and mature Metallica code was a long way off at that time, so I bought AC/DC instead. It is fun on decent games...actually a lot of fun, but I don't have much fun on the crappy games which happen about 99% of the time for me.

I don't know how much the Refinery mods elevate my opinion of Metallica, but I am sure it is substantial. I smile every time I play it...even when it kicks my ass.

#69 9 years ago

Now there's a word you'll never see on Pinside again!

#70 9 years ago

Here's a quick and dirty tabulation of what has been listed (2010 or later games):

AC/DC Prem/LE (other prem versions): 18
WOZ: 11
Tron Pro: 10
Iron Man: 9
Met Pre/LE: 7
Met Pro: 6
Tron LE: 5
XMen LE (other versions): 5
ST LE: 4
ST Pro: 2
TWD LE: 2
Xmen Pro: 1
Mustang Pro: 1
AV LE: 1

Looks like AC/DC Prem/LE is a clear winner so far.

#71 9 years ago

My METLE aint goin nowhere eva !

#72 9 years ago

20131022_113902_zps7bf01e84.jpg20131022_113902_zps7bf01e84.jpg

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here's a quick and dirty tabulation of what has been listed (2010 or later games):
AC/DC Prem/LE (other prem versions): 18
WOZ: 11
Tron Pro: 10
Iron Man: 9
Met Pre/LE: 7
Met Pro: 6
TRON LE: 5
XMen LE (other versions): 5
ST LE: 4
ST Pro: 2
TWD LE: 2
Xmen Pro: 1
Mustang Pro: 1
AV LE: 1
Looks like AC/DC Prem/LE is a clear winner so far.

Not too surprising that AC/DC, WOZ, Tron, IM, and MET are high on the list.

Where's the ST love?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not too surprising that AC/DC, WOZ, Tron, IM, and MET are high on the list.
Where's the ST love?

Of those pins you listed ST had need of a code update most

#76 9 years ago

Mustang LE - It never gets old IMHO and is always a blast to play.

That said, I think all of the recent Sterns over the last several years have been fantastic.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have only purchased two NIB; AC/DC Premium and Metallica Premium Refinery Edition. I hova owned AC/DC for 10 months longer than Met, but I have played twice as many games on Metallica already (I bought it in July last year). I want to play Metallica often, and I play at least one game on most nights. I play AC/DC maybe once a month now.
This summer, I will choose between selling the AC/DC, or spending the money on it to add all of the Pinball Refinery mods. I am leaning towards selling, but my wife wants it to stay. I may add the mods just to try to turn it into a game I want to play more.
To be fair, I wanted Metallica more than AC/DC when I bought AC/DC. My wife liked AC/DC more, and mature Metallica code was a long way off at that time, so I bought AC/DC instead. It is fun on decent games...actually a lot of fun, but I don't have much fun on the crappy games which happen about 99% of the time for me.
I don't know how much the Refinery mods elevate my opinion of Metallica, but I am sure it is substantial. I smile every time I play it...even when it kicks my ass.

Agree 100% METLE gets played every day, ACDC BIBLE every so often. ACDC already on the chopping block. Can't see METLE going anywhere.

#78 9 years ago

WOZ, IM, and SM are keepers.

#79 9 years ago

ACDC Premium

Tron

Iron Man

Those 3 have kept my attention longer than any other NIB/HUO pins I've bought.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Now there's a word you'll never see on Pinside again!

Oh yeah....foibles...foibles...foibles. There, you just saw it 3 more times.

#82 9 years ago

Metallica Roadcase & AC/DC Luci, I play them both pretty much every day

#83 9 years ago

TRON le .. it was magical back when I first bought it.. it's still got that magic today

image.jpgimage.jpg

#84 9 years ago

ST pro. Bought it NIB oct 2013.
IMVE. Bought it NIB oct 2014

Sold my Xmen magneto LE to get IMVE. And I don't reget it.

#85 9 years ago

Acdc,Met and IMVe so far the TWD is also holding strong.

#86 9 years ago

most of the games talked about in this thread are still too new to be able to tell if they are going to lose their luster. If a game is newer than 3 years, it's still in that "lust" period of it's life.

1 week later
#87 9 years ago

I don't have any never games. Once I got past selling my first few loves , it was easier to have them come and go so I can try new things. My only sort of rare game is Banzai Run. It will likely stay a while because it would be harder to reclaim them some of my others.

#88 9 years ago

The only game I really miss is NBA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-top-nibhuo-purchase-that-has-yet-to-loose-its-luster/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.