Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm just getting into the hobby and am considering adding a second pin. I really haven't played any besides the one I own, so I thought this post would help me get an idea of which ones I should look into.

If you could have one pin from the following budgets, which would you choose?

Up to $3k

$3k to $4k

$4k to $5k

#2 9 years ago

Up to 3k Shadow
    Up to 4k Congo
    Up to 5k Addams if you can find it.

#3 9 years ago

Up to 3k Whirlwind
    Up to 4k ???
    Up to 5k LOTR

#4 9 years ago

Up to 3k T3
    Up to 4k JD + DM
    Up to 5k LOTR

#5 9 years ago

Up to 3k - Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Up to 4k - X-Men Pro
    Up to 5k - LOTR

#6 9 years ago

Up to 3k - Roadshow
    Up to 4k - X-Men Pro
    Up to 5k - any NIB Stern that you love the theme of.

Later,
    EV

#7 9 years ago

1k - SF2
    2k - Jurassic Park
    3k - RBION if only machine / FH if you have multiple machines
    4K - LOTR
    5k - Pass

#8 9 years ago

The price kind of depends on whether you want a decent players quality or immaculate machine
    3K: Dr. Who & Whirlwind
    4K: ???
    5K: POTC, TAF, Stern Star Trek

#9 9 years ago

3k - shadow
    4k - Congo, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Star Trek The Next Gen., Simpsons Pinball Party
    5k - Twilight Zone, LOTR, The Addams Family, Iron Man

Some of these may go over budget a little, but are in the ballpark.

#10 9 years ago

Maybe get some early SS machines? People need more variety in their collections.

#11 9 years ago

3k WPT
    4k ACDC or ST (pro)
    5k LOTR

Add a Fireball EM and a Centaur and that's a very, very good lineup...

#12 9 years ago

Up to 2k on unemployment
    2k-3k working part time
    3k-5k after a small windfall
    0 after winning the lottery. Won't need them!

#13 9 years ago

Depending on space I think the smart move is several machines under $1000 if you have the room. Pick on titles that are not as popular and you can grab some fun machines reasonable. Some off the top of my head are: for under about $750 to $900 you can likely buy --- Spring Break, Shaq Attack, Firepower, Gold Wings, a lot of Williams system 6 & 7 machines and most Gottlieb System one and eighty machines. If you step it up to $1200 to $1500 you can get a good many of the William's System 11 titles as well as a good many Data East titles.

Why buy just one machine for $3000 to $5000 when you can own 4 or 5 for the same money? That is providing you have the space for them.

I don't care what you buy if you only own one or two machines you will get sick of playing them. If you own a half a dozen to 10 machines there is always something different to pay.

Just my 2 cents on things

If you don't mind a bit of a drive and you are not in a huge rush we will have a dozen (or more) shopped & serviced machines for sale in the Spring. We are selling off some of our collection getting ready to remodel the basement. We are in Carlisle PA about one mile from exit 45. We will have mostly machines in the price range of about $650 to around $3000

#14 9 years ago

I like depth in a small collection so here is my list:
    2K - Stargate
    3K - too many to choose but RBION/WPT/Shadow
    4K - Simpsons Pinball Party
    5K - Lord of The Rings / Addams Family

#15 9 years ago

Under $1k ....... Alien Poker

$1k to $2k........ Jackbot

$2k to $3k ........ a Mint Mint SMB

$3k to $4k ....... Ripleys BION

$4k to $5k ....... Ironman

#16 9 years ago

put Roadshow next to your NGG...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-top-choice-for-different-budgets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.