Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

And I can't believe he has that monstrosity over Tommy, NF, DM and JM in the post above...

And I'd put Popeye over those titles also, but you can still get one cheaper than the price range being discussed.

#102 8 years ago

About a year ago I decided to spend around $2,500 for another pin. After playing pretty much every one of these in the list multiple times at various shows, my favorite turned out to be Jack*Bot, by far. Found one local that was HUO. Absolutely love this pin. Not sure why it doesn't get more love. Oh well, if it did, I guess I would have had to pay a lot more.

#103 8 years ago

JM
TS
DM
Congo (I know its more now but to me 2500 is enough for that game)
SST
StarWars Data East
BSD
JD
Pinball Magic capcom

so many more 2500 and under than are great but these would be the ones I choose first.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I think it's better than NF, DM and JM. I've owned them all, and sold them. Still have SST!

Lol..

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'd sell it twice, if I could....

I did sell it twice. But picked up my third one as a project pin. I like playing it but gets old after a few months. Still once it's gone I miss it. I guess I'll always have a SG in my collection.

#106 8 years ago

PMs are pricey for sure.

#107 8 years ago

PM is too $$$. Removed.
Does spot #27 go to SST ?
-mof

#108 8 years ago

Last minute addition -

Gottlieb: Freddie - Nightmare on Elm Street
Rocky and Bullwinkle

My list in order:

Tales from the Crypt
Stargate
Nightmare on Elm Street
T2
Fish Tales
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man
Indy 500
Rocky and Bullwinkle

#109 8 years ago

Ok, so #26 and #27 need to be decided among:

Cue Ball Wizard
Starship Troopers
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Nightmare on Elm Street

Pick two
-mof

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ok, so #26 and #27 need to be decided among:
Cue Ball Wizard
Starship Troopers
rocky and bullwinkle
Nightmare on Elm Street
Pick two
-mof

Can't, 3 of those do not reach your price point. Using the Pinside Estimate (that is normally a bit high)

Only SST breaks the $2,300 but R&B is close. Freddy and Cue Ball don't come close.

#111 8 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle and Nightmare on Elm Street

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

rocky and bullwinkle and Nightmare on Elm Street

Pinside estimate shows Freddy at $1,200 to $1,400.

And Indy 500 is probably over your $2,800 top end.

Who Dunnit, Apollo 13 and close with NBA Fast Break are also better than many discussed.

#113 8 years ago

Freddy is the worst DMD I've ever owned imo.

SST is awesome
R&B is pretty good

#114 8 years ago

Another vote for NBA FB

#115 8 years ago

Ok I removed a few pins with only 1 vote so far:

Cue Ball Wizard
Barb Wire

to make room for Starship Troopers and NBA Fastbreak

Last chance to knock something off the final 27 list...

I would put Star Wars DE on there, but I'm afraid it's more of a $3K pin around here in excellent condition esp with the new movie coming out.

-mof

#116 8 years ago

All right...

I appreciate all the input so far. It has been very helpful.

I've called it. Three groups have been formed. (See post #2)

Voting starts in a few minutes!

Have fun with it...

-mof

#117 8 years ago

If you're setting it up like A, B and C divisions where "A" is the best I don't see any way you could put LW3 and WWF over BSD and WCS94. Maybe a couple of other personal preferences.

Or you could just get Pinside ratings on each game and see what people have voted for over the years.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If you're setting it up like A, B and C divisions where "A" is the best I don't see any way you could put LW3 and WWF over BSD and WCS94. Maybe a couple of other personal preferences.
Or you could just get Pinside ratings on each game and see what people have voted for over the years.

I aimed for even groups.
-mof

#119 8 years ago

Group c is really weak

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Group c is really weak

All of the groups are really weak.

#121 8 years ago

Problem is pins sell for different prices depending on location and especially conditions .all this is very subjective just like the top100 . I actually enjoy many pins that are not in the top100 more than many of the top 25 . But still a cool idea ill be checking in on the results occasionally

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Group c is really weak

Any group that fucking includes Freddy's Nightmare shot be taken outside and shot dead.

I mean come on people...there's "Poor", and then there's "Find another hobby."

#123 8 years ago

New idea...

If at the end of the week, we have let's say 4 clear runaway winners -- we'll take the next 9 closest competitors from groups A,B,C and give them a run-off to decide who the remaining 5 are -- and THAT will be week-2, and for week 3 we'll combine the 4 and 5 and we'll have the REAL final 9.

Perhaps it's an odd way to approach a final-9, but I think it works...

-mof

#124 8 years ago

Here's another question: What happened to "Batman Forever" Sega, 1995 -- it's in the top-150 for gosh sakes -- top 75 I think?

Is it priced out of the $2500 league?

-mof

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Here's another question: What happened to "Batman Forever" Sega, 1995 -- it's in the top-150 for gosh sakes -- top 75 I think?
Is it priced out of the $2500 league?
-mof

It is in the price range. Just no one wanted BF, Godzilla or Popeye.

Yes, still pushing Popeye. $3K by Christmas

#126 8 years ago

I don't see much love for Baywatch here, maybe because you don't see many around and few have played it. I recently picked one up and really like it, don't see it leaving for a good while. It's got a lot going on, variety of shots, thing shark flipper, 5 ball MB, lots of ramps and wireforms, etc. granted, theme is horrible, but if stern made a game with this layout and themed it game of thrones or something else of mass interest, it would be one of the best ever made. It's a better players game than acdc and Metallica, though it doesn't quite have the rush of those games. No surprise, Balcer designed it, Ropp wrote the software.

#127 8 years ago

DH
JD
DM
WCS
JM
NBA FB
BW
DW
T2
R&B

Congo is way overrated and wouldn't make this list even if it was 2500$

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't see much love for Baywatch here, maybe because you don't see many around and few have played it. I recently picked one up and really like it, don't see it leaving for a good while. It's got a lot going on, Variety of hots, thing shark flipper, 5 ball MB, lots of ramps and wireforms, etc. granted, theme is horrible, but if stern made a game with this layout and themed it game of thrones or something else of mass interest, it would be one of the best ever made. It's a better players game than acdc and Metallica, though it doesn't quite have the rush of those games. No surprise, Balcer designed it, Ropp wrote the software.

I thought Baywatch was pretty amazing when I played it. I couldn't believe the designers put so much effort into a theme like Baywatch, go figure.

Unfortunately, theme and art is a showstopper for me.

#129 8 years ago

What are some of the drawbacks to Dirty Harry? I had figured it would have rated a little better.
-mof

#130 8 years ago

1. Kind of hard for an average player.

2. Software is a bit unpolished in spots. E.g., start a mode then start a multiball, mode is paused until multiball ends. A few small bugs here and there.

3. Clint's callouts -- not a lot of emotion there.

And despite all these things, it's a great game.

Quoted from mof:

What are some of the drawbacks to Dirty Harry? I had figured it would have rated a little better.
-mof

#131 8 years ago

Day1: 100 votes
Day2: 50 votes

I'm itching to pull the top-3 and bottom-6 soon, and re-run the contest with 18, and keep sifting for the best remaining-6 of 18 to reach our final-9...

As it stands right now: (LAH just edged out Baywatch, so it's worth keeping the polls open)

IN:
FT, BSD, HS2

OUT:
MSF, Baywatch, LW3, RRWWF, R&B, STT

Time for round 2 !!!

-mof

#133 8 years ago

What happened to FT? In your previous post you said that it was in... Would have probably voted for that over any of the others in there.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Atreyu:

What happened to FT? In your previous post you said that it was in... Would have probably voted for that over any of the others in there.

I'm keeping the updates in post 2 (above)

I pulled the top-3 winners for the final round, and now we're sifting again to pull the next top 2 or 4 and remove the next 5 or 7.
-mof

#135 8 years ago

Need to let this simmer a bit... Keep it comin'
-mof

#137 8 years ago

my list (more like a reminder to me how I rank them, I would always get a higher mentioned pin before the lower mention if possible), maybe someone find it useful:

Congo (great layout, left upper flipper, great volcano lock, mini playfield, long journey, 4MB modes+MM, unique: collecting diamonds
Bram Stoker's Dracula (simple but brutal, great atmosphere, sounds and dots, multiball stacking, uniquie: mist magnet)
Tommy (great layout - budget TAF, left upper flipper, lyman rules, 12 modes, multistaged MB, theme and music, unique wizard mode)
Stargate (many modes, great theme, great rules, 2 wizard modes, unique: pyramid, glider and chorus toys)
Tales from the Crypt (great layout, horror theme, good dots, plenty of modes, 4 MB modes, cool upside down ramp)
Baywatch (great layout, 4 flippers, 3 different skill shots, lots of modes, theme that's big in Europe but joke in US)
World Cup Soccer (poor man's JPOP pin, beautiful, quick, tough right ramp, fantastic goal mechanic, unique: rotating ball and goal shooting)
Johnny Mnemonic (poor man's TF in layout, fast, incredible wizard mode, midnight madness, strategy in matrix, unique: glove)
Demolition Man (fast playing widebody, flow, combos, nordman design, unique: playable with handles instead of buttons)
Judge Dredd (fast playing widebody, comic book theme, lots of flippers, good layout, good dots, great music, unique: supergame)
Jurassic Park (WW+TAF hybrid layout, upper flipper, lots of modes, good theme, new rules, unique: T-REX eating the ball)
Last Action Hero (theme, lots of estate, magnets, lots of modes, crane toy)
Getaway: High Speed II (fast and flowy)
Fish Tales (good theme, flowy mark ritchie ramps)

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't see much love for Baywatch here, maybe because you don't see many around and few have played it. I recently picked one up and really like it, don't see it leaving for a good while. It's got a lot going on, variety of shots, thing shark flipper, 5 ball MB, lots of ramps and wireforms, etc. granted, theme is horrible, but if stern made a game with this layout and themed it game of thrones or something else of mass interest, it would be one of the best ever made. It's a better players game than acdc and Metallica, though it doesn't quite have the rush of those games. No surprise, Balcer designed it, Ropp wrote the software.

Ok - so step away from the crack pipe please! No way that Baywatch is close to either AC/DC or MET. LOL

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

No way that Baywatch is close to either AC/DC or MET.

I agree that there's no comparison...
At least I can see the ball as it enters the outlanes when I play proper pins like Metallica or Baywatch.

-mof

#140 8 years ago

Round 3 posted:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-3b

We need your help... Won't you lend a hand?

Please vote your conscience...
-mof

#141 8 years ago

We are looking for more help to settle a score...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-3b

Won't you lend a hand?

-mof

#143 8 years ago

I want to thank all the fans of round 3b for sticking it out, and making sure we had good numbers.

I think it's time for round 4 !!!

(working it)

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-top-9-2500-dmds/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.