4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by amendes
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

apollo.jpg
    whitestar.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-23.jpg
    image-31.jpg
    image-13.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I've put together what I think is a pretty solid SEGA lineup. I wanted to keep it down to my top 5. I've collected based on a criteria starting with fun, going through rules, layout, and ending on desirability.

Here is my lineup:

Goldeneye 007
    Apollo 13
    Batman Forever
    Godzilla
    Starship Troopers

There are a lot of other good ones, but these are what I feel are the pinnacle of what SEGA produced.

What would be your top 5?

If you think you're going to be cute and say something like "There aren't any good SEGA's", I'll bribe a mod to give you a lifetime thread eject.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

"There aren't any good SEGA's"

You said it...

#3 4 years ago

Love some of the Sega's

Goldeneye
    Apollo 13
    Baywatch
    Starship Troopers

MSF

#4 4 years ago

1. Baywatch. Far superior to every other Sega by a huge margin.

2. MSF

3. BF

4. SST

5. Godzilla

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarcG:

You said it...

Not cool, bro.....

#6 4 years ago

What kind of bribe are we talking about?

I honestly haven't played 95% of pinball machines out there because there's just nothing near me, and I believe I've only played Goldeneye from the lists above, and it was broken down and halfway working. I do absolutely love my Frankenstein though, and we're spending the long weekend working on pins (since we'll be hunkered down in the basement with the dogs hiding from fireworks anyway.) Frank is getting new backbox speakers, dedicated powered sub, and a thorough cleaning since I've already LEDed and decaled it.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

1. Baywatch. Far superior to every other Sega by a huge margin.

I owned Baywatch for a year and a half. I really, really like the layout and rules of the game. It's deep. However, the theme doesn't let it carry into keeper status for me.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Not cool, bro.....

I had a Baywatch I liked a lot. Had a Batman and Robin I hated. Have played them all, they just feel too cheap and clunky.

#9 4 years ago

Baywatch is the only Sega I think I'd buy, I don't mind playing a few of the others on location. There's a Baywatch, MSF, SST, SWT, and SP by me so I've played those the most. I guess MSF may be the second best I've played. My list would be close to Taygeta's I think.

#10 4 years ago

Twister is the only one I still care to own.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

"There aren't any good SEGA's"

There really aren't any good Sega pinball games. The "S" in Sega stands for sucks.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

There really aren't any good Sega pinball games. The "S" in Sega stands for sucks.

It stands for Service. Blondetall, your bribe is in the mail. You know what to do.

#13 4 years ago

I owned Goldeneye and that was a really good game !

#14 4 years ago

Golden Eye
    Apollo 13
    Batman Forever
    Maverick
    Godzilla, I've never played this one but it looks cool so it gets my vote because I didn't care for any of the others.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

#15 4 years ago

Too funny that the Sega haters always have to pipe in on these threads. You guys are just too cool man. Seriously... cool!

Me... I no cool so I like MSF, X-Files, and Batman Forever. We've had a few others but these three have stuck around.

#16 4 years ago

Remember, Sega is Data East on 'roids and there were a lot of good DE's.

#17 4 years ago

Baywatch, Goldeneye, Batman Forever, SST, and MSF are the top Segas IMO.

#18 4 years ago

1. Baywatch
    2. Apollo 13
    3. Starship Troopers
    4. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
    5. Godzilla

#19 4 years ago

Sega made 5 games?

#20 4 years ago

I have owned 2, Baywatch and Goldeneye. Baywatch was fun for a little while (sold) but Goldeneye is great. Would like to try some more Segas.

#21 4 years ago

SST
    A13

You know it pained me to get to 2.

#22 4 years ago

Why does ID4 get no love in this thread? The cross over ramps are fantastic

Keep up the SEGA hating and I'll keep buying two of them for the same price as 1 WMS game

#23 4 years ago

My list

BF
    SWT
    JPTLW
    SSP
    SST

#24 4 years ago

1 Godzilla
    2 batman forever
    3 the x files
    4 Apollo 13
    5 lost world Jurassic park
    6 starship trooper
    7 south park
    8 independence day
    9 lost in space
    10 Mary's shelly Frankenstein

#25 4 years ago

Space jams under rated great layout

#26 4 years ago

Batman Forever and Starship troopers

#27 4 years ago

Frankenstein I wanted to love but couldn't. I think the art and dot animations are some of the best around, and the playfield looks interesting but I find it plays truly clunky.

Baywatch is pretty impressive, and Batman forever is loaded. I've always wanted to play a Goldeneye, I might just put that one on my want list.

Godzilla is okay, not great but not bad. Jurassic the Lost World is pretty decent, just extremely hard with its timed modes.

There are actually more than a few Sega pins I'd like to play more of. Variety is always a good thing in this hobby.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Frankenstein...I think the art and dot animations are some of the best around

Really?

#29 4 years ago

Art is pretty rough.

#30 4 years ago

SST
    Goldeneye
    Xfiles
    Godzilla
    Batman Forever

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarcG:

I had a Baywatch I liked a lot. Had a Batman and Robin I hated. Have played them all, they just feel too cheap and clunky.

Kinda like Stern?

#32 4 years ago

Well, from what I remember. The cabinet art was cool, playfield has good detail. The dmd animations of Frank, very cool as well as the game over stuff with the lighting effects, pretty epic. The musical score was great too. Just couldn't get into playing it though.

#33 4 years ago

A lot of the newer Stern pins I've had have been nothing but smooth feeling, not clunky. A KISS was just unboxed at the Sanctum in CT last night, and it played as smooth as glass.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Art is pretty rough.

Again, I'm going to disagree, I think it is a masterpiece myself. Paul Farris did this in a similar style as he did Phantom of the Opera, which is also amazing.
    I think Frank is better than many from this era, especially since Williams/Bally were using a lot of fluorescent inserts at this time. Both the translight and playfield have a lot of good detail with a lot of neat stuff tying together.

I think it looks great, no?

image-13.jpg
    image-23.jpgimage-31.jpg

#35 4 years ago

Again, I'm going to disagree, I think it is a masterpiece myself. Paul Farris did this in a similar style as he did Phantom of the Opera, which is also amazing.

I think it looks good for a DE, but it's just not to my liking. But no whoop, to each their own.
    I like POTO also.

EDIT: Although I will agree 95ish wasn't the best year for art. Things around that time like FS, DM, JM....MSF is better than those.

#36 4 years ago

SST is a forever game for me.

#37 4 years ago

I think Frank is better than many from this era, especially since Williams/Bally were using a lot of fluorescent inserts at this time. Both the translight and playfield have a lot of good detail with a lot of neat stuff tying together.
    image-13.jpg
    image-23.jpg image-31.jpg

It's actually a little better than I remember. I'd call it pretty good, but not great. Nowhere near some of the best though.

#38 4 years ago

They are all decent but my list-

1- Frankenstein - owned it for a year and it was fun .
    2- Baywatch
    3- Batman Forever -
    4- Goldeneye

#39 4 years ago

Maverick is the only Sega I've ever owned.

Was made when DE was becoming Sega although mine does say Sega during the DMD animations. So on some sites I see it listed as a DE and other as a Sega pin. Has a fun rule set and I like how the drops are used in it and I find it fun. Unfortunately a game that had out of the box issues on many made. Also one thing that slows game play (the paddlewheel) so the ratings are it are pretty low, but because i found one for cheap to a risk on it and glad I did.

I like BF, theme and gameplay of AP13, and game play of Baywatch but not the theme. Lots of Sega's I haven't play or only a few games so I can't really rate them. MSF seemed fun the 1 times I played it a long time ago.

#40 4 years ago

1-MSF
    2-Goldeneye
    3-BF
    4-SST
    5-BW

#41 4 years ago

sst
    baywatch
    batman froever
    frankenstein
    godzilla

I think, if someone did new rules for lost in space, it would be pretty kickass.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

sst
    Baywatch
    batman froever
    Frankenstein
    godzilla
    I think, if someone did new rules for Lost In Space, it would be pretty kickass.

...and re-did the art and theme.

#43 4 years ago

Golden Eye (but it's still pretty new to me)
    Apollo 13 (you have mine now....but I still really like it)
    Godzilla (can't put a finger on it but I just really enjoy it)
    SST (Fast and furious fun)
    Batman Forever & Baywatch (Tie).

#44 4 years ago

1) SST
    2) MSF
    3) Golden Eye
    4) Apollo 13
    5) Baywatch

SST is a great game!

#45 4 years ago

Baywatch
    MSF

Don't care for any of the others...

#46 4 years ago

Starship Troopers is a great, fast pin. Bay watch is also very good but for the theme as all have already said. If I could get another ST I would do so again and keep it.

#47 4 years ago

image.jpg

#49 4 years ago

Maverick
    Godzilla
    Starship troopers
    Mary shelleys frankenstein
    Independence day

#50 4 years ago

Goldeneye is one of the few Sega pins I've sunk serious time into, so that goes to #1 for me. I've played a bit of Godzilla, Independence Day and Starship Troopers as well and I like what I've played, but I'm not sure if they would be "keepers" (Goldeneye is one if you ask me). Baywatch is good too.

Quoted from tamoore:

I owned Baywatch for a year and a half. I really, really like the layout and rules of the game. It's deep. However, the theme doesn't let it carry into keeper status for me.

I have one of these on loan to me right now. While it's deep from a variety standpoint (there's a lot to do on the game), it's not that deep from a general progression standpoint. Not sure if that made any sense, but you can't stack anything so progression is very linear. I really like the layout of the game though. It's the theme that sort of kills it for me. Total cheese.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    £ 58.00
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside