(Topic ID: 251323)

Your top 3 games you will/would never part with?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Right now which company would you buy a NIB from?”

• AP 27 votes
      9%
    • CGC 87 votes
      31%
    • JJP 41 votes
      14%
    • Spooky 50 votes
      18%
    • Stern 67 votes
      24%
    • other - list in comments 13 votes
      5%

(Multiple choice - 285 votes by 170 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190419_083522 (resized).jpg
    20180720_165623 (resized).jpg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Long ago I started ranking my games so if/when I wanted something new I already knew exactly which game I was going to sell. The bottom of my list changes sometimes with which game I would part with next. But my top 3 I would never part with has not changed in 5 months now:
    1. JJPPOTCSE
    2. TWD pro
    3. Metallica prem.

What is your top 3?

#2 4 years ago

The Shadow
    Evel Knievel
    Attack from mars

#3 4 years ago

Stern Star Trek
    TX Sector
    Skateball

#4 4 years ago

I only have 2, so those and the next one.

#5 4 years ago

My TZ is pretty much it. I would like to say my PM as well but you never know.

#6 4 years ago

Hobbit
    STTNG
    Congo

Though 2 of those are due to weight.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Long ago I started ranking my games so if/when I wanted something new I already knew exactly which game I was going to sell. The bottom of my list changes sometimes with which game I would part with next. But my top 3 I would never part with has not changed in 5 months now:
    1. JJPPOTCSE
    2. TWD pro
    3. Metallica prem.
    What is your top 3?

When I can finally afford a Walking Dead it’ll be a keeper. Loved that game. Recently my local beer garden decided to remove the pin and replace it with god damn VIRTUAL CORN HOLE of all things. Haven’t been back since.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Recently my local beer garden decided to remove the pin and replace it with god damn VIRTUAL CORN HOLE of all things.

Bet no one saw that coming!

#9 4 years ago

Only 2 :AFM LE and Woz RR

Lots of other keepers like TNA, Tron, TWD, Metallica but they could be sold unlikely.

If I needed to make it 3 would be Tron.

#10 4 years ago

What in God’s name?

#11 4 years ago

Big Hurt will never leave and would be the only pin I'd own should I ever sell the rest.

#12 4 years ago

1. MM
    2. TZ
    3. ToM

Apparently I'm a traditionalist

#13 4 years ago

Iron Maiden
    Sinbad
    Volley, which is not only the first pin I can recall playing as a kid, but I tracked down THAT EXACT MACHINE.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Big Hurt will never leave and would be the only pin I'd own should I ever sell the rest.

I take it then that having to sell it would really Hurt you?

As for my top three keepers? A while back I would have said AFM + MB + BBB because they would have been hard to replace. But they've remade AFM and MB already, and the bastards will probably remake BBB too. So now my top 3 would be games I figure they won't remake: CFTBL + IJ + TZ.

#15 4 years ago

1. TRON
    2. WH20
    3. Stargate

Maiden, Quick Draw, and Centaur are also bolted to the floor.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

april fools is still a ways off bro

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

That's a Frank comment.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

What in God’s name?

I won’t derail this thread... but it is a true abomination. Not to mention, 10 feet away they have actual corn hole in the courtyard...

Quoted from PoMC:

Bold

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Bigly

#20 4 years ago

I’d like to think tron and met but I’ve said that about other games in the past and they are now gone so maybe none.

#21 4 years ago

If I really had to pick

1. JJP Pirates LE
    2. WOZ ECLE
    3. Ghostbusters Premium

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Big Hurt will never leave

I am that way about POTC. Friends think I am only joking when I say I plan to be buried in it when I die.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

april fools is still a ways off bro

Nah, it’s a fun game. I love baseball and this game has some great pinball features that you just don’t see in today’s $5000+ games.

Plus it’s the least expensive pin I have, which is a bonus. Sell all the others and still have a pin I really enjoy.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1. JJP Pirates LE
    2. WOZ ECLE
    3. Ghostbusters Premium

Holy cow, two of these are on my all-time bonfire list. No offense, it's just funny how different tastes can be. It takes all kinds.

#25 4 years ago

Ok....Metallica and Kiss LE are bolted, and my Bally Kiss. That’s my 3. But when the time is right I will get a MM/MMR and it will probably never leave.

#26 4 years ago

1. Hot Tip EM (never!)
    2. Target Alpha
    3. Grand Prix

#27 4 years ago

Alien, totan and CV.

#29 4 years ago

GoT
    TWD
    MET

#30 4 years ago

As of today, I'd put my three keepers at:

Mata Hari
    El Dorado (EM)
    Houdini

When I find a decent 2001 it'll probably take one of the above spots. Of course this is a list for today and will undoubtedly change by next week...

#31 4 years ago

Whirlwind, BSD, Taxi. Probably in that order of love.

#32 4 years ago

Hobbit (I won't let it go)
    WOZ (wife won't let it go)
    JJPOTC (kids won't let it go)

#33 4 years ago

Whirlwind...mine is with new everything and I will never find another.
    Twilight zone...nice original side art and good playfield.
    Finally, if it ever gets made, addams family. Might even spend extra for a le

#34 4 years ago

1 The Lost World Jurassic Park
    2 Iron Maiden
    3 X-Files.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Iron Maiden
    Sinbad
    Volley, which is not only the first pin I can recall playing as a kid, but I tracked down THAT EXACT MACHINE.

I wouldn't know how to identify it, but somewhere out there is the Black Knight I poured quarters into at the 7-11. Would love to have that same one.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Iron Maiden
    Sinbad

Good choice. Maiden premium, sinbad, and met for me, although elvira 3 might nudge it's way in

#39 4 years ago

My list is gonna be unpopular but if I based it off my current collection, some of which I really haven’t finished restoring to properly play, it would be:

•Baby Pac-Man - I have the original floor model from the original Fun Spot they bought NIB back in ‘82 and documentation to prove it. I think that’s awesome. When I cleaned it out it also had quite a few Fun Spot tokens from the 80’s so you could tell every year they took it out of rotation (probably because it broke down so much)

•Orbitor 1 - I’ve spent too much time fooling around with this game to possibly sell it

• Torpedo Alley - one of the very first games I wanted when I joined the hobby and finally got one after 3 years.

Only game that could bump TA off the list would be TWD premium, with the Slayer mod.

#40 4 years ago

My all time keepers and grail games bolted to the floor:
    TAFG, IJ & MB (and once I find a cq TZ, I’ll likely have 4 which will never leave).
    Each of these are mint cleared examples which also seem to get the most playtime in my games room.

#41 4 years ago

Tough but I would say the 3 JJP pins I own.

No plans to ever selling Woz, TH, and DI. In my eyes all different and all awesome.

Probably wouldn't stop at 3 also AFMr, IM and SM
    Staying for the long haul.

#42 4 years ago

Long before I joined Pinside I enjoyed looking at the top 100 and reading the comments about the games I thought I was interested in purchasing. I always wondered about last ability, and that is why I wanted to start this. I know what I will never part with, and wanted to see what others like, so if I see one in the wild I can try it myself.

#43 4 years ago

I only have 6, but out of those, TAF and TNA would be the last two to go.

#44 4 years ago

Difficult to let go of ones I have strong memories of playing as a kid, plus there's not a lot of money in those, so why sell anyway.

Interflip Dragon - got a NOS one out of the Time Travel Warehouse
    Black Knight

The third one might be the only NIB I'll ever buy the way things have been going, ha

Stern Star Trek Premium

#45 4 years ago

1 woz 75th 2. attack from mars le 3 octoberfest

#46 4 years ago

For me it’s Cyclone because I played it in college and specifically chose it for my first ever home pin. AFMr LE my first NIB and my favorite pin and IM Pro because it’s just such a blast to play and I am a multiball fanboy.

#47 4 years ago

I only have 3 so far and one of them is bolted down: TNA

#48 4 years ago

wipinball TNA is a unique, simple and awesome game to play. Crazy fun.

#49 4 years ago

GOTLE
    JJPPOTC
    TWD

#50 4 years ago

WOZ RR
    CFTBL
    Cyclone

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-top-3-games-you-will-would-never-part-with?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.