Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I think we all have games that we love especially due to the callouts. Games where the whole audio package just makes you smile. I got to wondering, which games do pinsiders consider to be their favorites where the callouts just make you want to keep coming back for more.

For me it's TAF, LOTR and TSPP. All three of these games regularly make me smile regardless of if I'm kicking total ass or if I am having totally crap games, just from the audio alone. I mean heck, sometimes you just need to be told how bad you suck. (Thanks Homer!)

So what are your top 3 favorite games for callouts alone? Happy Flipping!

#4 9 years ago

In my opinion, LOTR and TSPP are in a league of their own. Great callouts from the shows / movies with custom callouts from the actual actors.

Another thing that is demonstrated by these two pins and that is so seemingly lost on current programmers is that you do not need to dumb down the callouts. When you start the Fellowship MB in LOTR, you hear "this is no mine, its a tomb!". For the Two Towers we get the awesome, epic callout "TO WAR!!!!". For TSPP we get itchy and scratchy music, or a back and forth between Homer and Chief Wimby. All of these are awesome starts to MB modes.

What we DO NOT need are callouts that say what the mode is. TWD in its current state exemplifies this point. It is so out of place to hear the BBH voice "talent", in his best happy accent, say "Well Walker Multiball!". We know its WWM. You don't need to hit us over the head with it. Why not instead have a great custom callout that makes the into memorable in a good way.

#5 9 years ago

"Send in a Maniac, to catch a Maniac" - DM (first MB callout)
"Chill out!" - T2 (after getting two tilt warnings)
"You big......Sausage" - FH (the most random weird callout ever)

Not necessarily the best for total package of callouts, but three of my favorite individual callouts for sure.

#6 9 years ago

LoTR
FGY
TAF (spot soon to be taken over by Star Trek - so many killer call outs in the game; it just needs a bit of polish before I give it the nod over TAF).

#7 9 years ago

You people are all crazy STTNG is #1 because it used the actual actors doing custom voice work!

Then - LOTR
Then probably TSPP

#8 9 years ago

My favorite two:

STTNG
LOTR

--Luke

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You people are all crazy STTNG is #1 because it used the actual actors doing custom voice work!

Right on!

#10 9 years ago

So many choices to debate here. 1 thing for sure, RFM is definitely up there.

South Park has some funny call outs as does Rudy in FH.

#11 9 years ago

"I never answer the phone" - W?D

Making me feel bad about my shots since whenever I started playing W?D.

#13 9 years ago

WH20 and RS for me. RS #1

#14 9 years ago

FH, SP, TZ

#15 9 years ago

1. LOTR
2. LOTR
3. LOTR

They are just that good. Supppeerrrr Jackpottttt hohohoho. You Shall Not Pass!!!!! Man, what a game. Shall we try that again?

#16 9 years ago

Metallica

Not

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 9 years ago

TSPP and RFM. RFM cracks me up! Especially love the Bill Clinton call outs!

#18 9 years ago

"Player 2 ugly" - Amy from Congo after a tilt

#19 9 years ago

Lotr nothing comes close. Hope the hobbit will take over this title.

#20 9 years ago

I love WIPEOUT's callout when the attendant guy is pissed and says : "I'm gunna shove that ski pole up your...beeeeep"

and the southpark to me just makes me laugh with so many lines but the 2 real classics are: "I'M NOT GAY" and "Remember there are no stupid questions only stupid people"

#21 9 years ago

Ok, Ok, Ok

LW3.....lol

#22 9 years ago

Scared Stiff, AFM, Funhouse

#23 9 years ago
#24 9 years ago

- americas most haunted - this has some of the funniest lines in pinball. At first the voices sounded sort of cheesy but at some play they've really grown on me. Very funny stuff. The Nordman voice work is really good.

- revenge from Mars - tons of humor here

- sttng - just for the sheer quality of theme implementation and having each cast member record unique calls

- champion pub - this has to be mentioned. It's just chalkful of humor also.

#28 9 years ago

for me its LOTR, MM and SS

#30 9 years ago

Dr Dude, gift of gab rap!
now THAT is a call out.

#31 9 years ago

MM
AFM
LOTR (jackpot 1.2.3.4.5.6...)

#32 9 years ago

BSD "MIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTT MIIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!" Eerie, creepy and sets the mood. None of them ever get old to me. Drac losing his mind shouting MIST is the highlight for me.

JD "YOUR DRIVING DAYS ARE OVER, PUNK!" "SCRATCH ONE CREEP!" Even though I love the 2012 Dredd film, when I am reading the comics, I hear the voice actor from the JD pinball machine reciting Dredd's lines. Perfectly captures the character. Anderson and Judge Death are really well done, too.

LOTR - Gets you into the theme, which says a lot to me considering I can't stand the movies or theme in general. Very well done.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

BSD "MIIIIIIIISSSSSTTTTT MIIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!" Eerie, creepy and sets the mood. None of them ever get old to me. Drac losing his mind shouting MIST is the highlight for me.

you mean "WIIIIIINNNDDS WIIIIIIIIIINNNDDDS!!!!!"?

#35 9 years ago

Sopranos- Cant believe no one has said this yet- Real actors call outs from one of the greatest series ever. Playing the game puts you in the show.

Twilight Zone - great call outs from the show and other B/W titles

Dirty Harry- Great Clint call outs

SS,BSD,TAF,WH2O,LOTR,IM,AFM,TOTAN,TOM,STTNG, are all up there.

#37 9 years ago

Met
Lw3
Twd

#38 9 years ago

Avengers : Avengers assemble !!!
Addams family : IT has to warm up....so it could kill you !!!!
Xmen : deadpool knocks on screen and says "bingo......I mean jackpot "
Spiderman : 8 arms ? He should be playing this game .

#39 9 years ago

1. FGY Lois: "Peter, I'm not wearing any panties" Peter: "That's ok, we can just throw that chair out"
2. LOTR "Suuuuuper Jackpot, woooooaaaah!!"
3. TSPP Grandpa: "Back in my day they didn't have flippers"

Honourable mention:
AFM Martian: "Ha, ha! Missed me!"
SM JJJ: "You're done"
TAF GA: "It's not plugged in"
STNNG Picard: "Thank you Mr. Data"

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

you mean "WIIIIIINNNDDS WIIIIIIIIIINNNDDDS!!!!!"?

Well it is good to know what he is saying for sure now. When I first got the game and before I'd seen the movie I thought he was shouting VINCE.

#41 9 years ago

Iron Man..F'ing AWESOME !
Soprano's
Goldeneye/T2

#43 9 years ago

Predator

#44 9 years ago

SS and Elvira (guess I love Cassandra )
LOTR

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Then - LOTR
Then probably TSPP

Seconded, for all the same reasons. Having the original actors do the voice work is the best.

Honorable mention to Scared Stiff, too hard to choose only 3.

#46 9 years ago

1.LOTR
2.FGY
3.Scared Stiff

#47 9 years ago

NGG: "Hole in one, oh wrong hole"... "That must be embarrassing for you"
MM: "Try that again and I´ll break your finger!"... "You can´t beat me, I´m medicated!"
AFM: "Will you look at the size of that cow!"

#48 9 years ago

Dracula -laugh
Rbion - every call out but the best one is after a game "where ever you go,there you are"
RFM

#49 9 years ago

Scared Stiff: "I'm having multiple jackpots"
AMH: "Failure *IS* an option", "My dear, are you interested in much, much older men?", etc.

and the one I'm surprised no one else has mentioned:
Star Trek (Stern) with the latest code: "Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a pinball wizard!"

Honorable mention: BK2K - It's not really the callouts, and the background music is basically the same as Banzai Run, but still- that Steve Ritchie gets to ya.

#50 9 years ago

No particular order but my favs are,
SS
LOTR
STTNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.95
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-top-3-games-for-callouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.