You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG
#1 14 years ago

Has anyone played or owned Sinbad from 1978? I'm thinking of checking out this pin
-one has come up for sale for $550.
It's a solid state Gottlieb system 1 game I know it has 4 flippers and drop targets,
also a high rating on the IPD (8.0) http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2159&picno=2051
but is it a good game? and is the sound ok for that era? what should I look out for when checking out the boards? -Thanks a lot

3 years later
#2 11 years ago

I got this game for a steal some years ago and really only bought it for parts... It was sitting in my store for ages, and one day, while having a move around, it came to the front... I plugged it in to see if it worked, and to my amazement, it did!!

Not only that, after playing a few games on it, I was hooked!! There's definitley an addictive quality to this game... If you like gambling, you could very well use this game as a gambling game... i.e. play for credits... each player puts $10 in a pot, and every time a player gets a credit, he takes a buck out... Or play for match-sticks... I think if you play for score only, it could be boring, but if you play to gain credits, then it tales on a whole new meaning... It's now a keeper for me!

I guess the one that came up for sale is now sold

#3 11 years ago

I own this game, i grew up with it actually. I used to play it sitting in a bar stool we had in the basement since i was too small to stand at it. Its a very tough game to consistantly score good at. Its got the come back quality though, always looking to top that high score. I recently moved it to my brothers for a short stay after picking up another pin and i have to say i do miss it. For that price i would pick it up, Its a fun game. I would search the net and do the ground mods, other than that, keep it clean and enjoy it.

#4 11 years ago

I own a Sinbad as well. I bought it as a project machine that I was intending to clean up, get going and on sell it. That was about 18 months or 2 years ago and it still sits proudly in my collection. Definitely has that addictive quality that makes it hard to walk away from until you think you have given it a run for it's money.

Common problems with Sys 1 Gtb machines as listed in the old Pinrepair guides. Parts are available such as flipper kits, plastic set, drop targets, replacement boards and the like to get the machine playing and looking nice. Check out PBR for pretty much everything you will need for a Sinbad machine.

$550 for that machine is decent condition would be a steal here in Australia. Expect to do some board work but once it is up and running and the mods are done on the original boards there shouldn't be too many if any problems with it for a long time.

Hope this helps and enjoy!!!

Sound - awesome, it has chimes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-thoughts-or-views-on-sinbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.