808.jpg
807.jpg
806.jpg
805.jpg
804.jpg
803.jpg
802.jpg
801.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I am thinking about buying a WPT. The game is PERFECT..no scratches on the upper and mid plastic playfield, no wear on the cab or playfield and the game shows less than 400 plays (home use only). I would have to trade my near mint fully LED'd BF and $300 in cash.

I really enjoyed the game play with all the drop target and open playfield...I just want to be sure if I ever resold it I would get my money out of it.

I bought BF for $1400 and put new green legs, target decals with mylar and led's in it.

Your thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

Go for it...I really like WPT! For Stern, its Lotr, SM, BDK, TSPP and WPT for me...

#3 11 years ago

I have been looking at WPT myself. I think you are in the right ballpark with that deal to break even make or lose just a little pretty close. I would do it for a HUO

#4 11 years ago

I'm not sure I dug this. when I played it in vegas. Playfield felt too open, and too many targets (reminded me of an EM machine), but to each their own. I'm sure some people wouldn't like some of the games I like. I say buy what you like, not based on ratings.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Playfield felt too open, and too many targets (reminded me of an EM machine),

The drop targets and open playfield are the selling features for me. I just want to ensure I can get my money out of it when and if I sell it. It seems like everyone either loves or hates it.

#6 11 years ago

I really liked it when i played in Bangkok. The only problem was the ugly backglass. If you can get over that and change the settings not to hold the ball as the Flop and turn are delt it is a nice flowing game.
Wish i could pick one up down under for that price as the one i seen the guy is asking $4000 for it.

#7 11 years ago

I love it. It's a great game. Hugely underated. The game play is fantastic and it's super deep. Do the trade and don't look back. Anyone who plays pinball seriously that has played mine has loved it. I see how collectors might not love the theme. But I'm a poker player I think the theme is awesome and the game play is even better. It's just a shame the art is so tacky.

#8 11 years ago

Played it a ton. Modern Stern with drop targets...something you only see in LE's today.

Fun Ritchie game. Has some nice flowy combo shots. You can supposedly alter the settings so the ramps won't hold the ball, making the game play quicker. I don't really deal with "get your money back" situations. Just "will you enjoy it" scenarios, which I say likely "Yes".

#9 11 years ago

My WPT sits next to BF

You can't go wrong with WPT. The game is insanely deep and fast, with a lot of great flow and some nice long shots. It is one of the ultimate player's games, and easily the best bang for the buck in the 2k range. I have been playing WPT more than IM which sits on the other side of it.... I am a huge Keith Johnson fanboy, and this one is no exception, his software is amazing.

#10 11 years ago

WPT is a pretty fun pin IMO nice flow open layout with a good upper playfield. There are no assurances with getting your money back with less popular pins. That said, you would not likely lose much on this deal. So the real question is how much do you like it?

#11 11 years ago

Lets just say I spent $600 less than what I sold getaway for and I think WPT is 10x the game getaway is. The fact that people pay more for far less baffles me. WPT has everything. The strategy in this game is unreal. Make a big hand, build the main pot with the spinner than line it up with three x and nail that river shot. BIIIIG POINTS. Love it, love it, love it.

That and all the multis are stackable and there are four wizard modes. One you may never get to in your life. I think it's really a no brainer.

#12 11 years ago

very fun game & strategic, i agree with the above, the backglass art blows, but i think their might be others out there that you can buy to replace

#13 11 years ago

theme flat sucks, but get multiball on that game and it's a blast with that pf dmd acting crazy with jackpots and super jackpots. Its a lot of fun if you can get over the theme, and there are replacement backglasses if you are a fan of very tacky nudity.

I have never seen the wizard modes, so now I'm very curious about these wizard modes. I'll be asking my friend that just got one about these.

#14 11 years ago

I have always wanted to play it but have yet to find one

#15 11 years ago

My opinion it's a top 3 Stern (yeah...I said MY opinion). The game is awesome..but I'm a drop target freak...

#16 11 years ago

I've got one for sale in CT. Not HUO but very clean, strong flippers, LEDs, and new Mini Playfield installed.

#17 11 years ago

I think it's a prime example (for me anyway) of gameplay trumping theme and looks.

The theme doesn't do anything for me and I think the machine overall is kinda ugly but it's become one of my favorite newer machines as far as gameplay goes.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I've got one for sale in CT. Not HUO but very clean, strong flippers, LEDs, and new Mini Playfield installed.

So from your post, your thoughts on it are- "I like it because I can make a few bucks on one?"

#19 11 years ago

I bought one to flip a couple of years back. I regret it, I want it back!

#20 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the feed back. I bought it!! Looks STELLAR!!! Even got the goodie bag full of target decals, slingshot plastic and about 15 poker chips (I think they are key chains).

I am super happy!!

#21 11 years ago

nice! congrats.

great game to own.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

Thanks to everyone for the feed back. I bought it!! Looks STELLAR!!! Even got the goodie bag full of target decals, slingshot plastic and about 15 poker chips (I think they are key chains).
I am super happy!!

congrats bro!!!! time to update your collection

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pacattack13:

congrats bro!!!! time to update your collection

Good call!!!!

#24 11 years ago

so did you get the WPT from omaha's craigslist bro or from somewhere else????

#25 11 years ago

Solid decision. (But everyone knows MY opinion of WPT already!) Favorite game in my collection, even sitting next to a LOTR and CV. The depth and strategy is amazing in this game. Anyone who says it's just an open pf with drop targets hasn't even SEEN the surface, much less scratched it. More strategic than TSPP, hands-down.

2 quick tips: remove the top left orbit gate (2 screws). And turn the flop/turn posts off in the game settings.

#26 11 years ago

Meh...for me personally. Overall i did have fun playing it, and the upper playfield is suprisingly fun, if not completely eye catching. Overall the look on the game is not what I'm in to. But BF to me is a train wreck so it's a wash either way.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Solid decision. (But everyone knows MY opinion of WPT already!) Favorite game in my collection, even sitting next to a LOTR and CV. The depth and strategy is amazing in this game. Anyone who says it's just an open pf with drop targets hasn't even SEEN the surface, much less scratched it. More strategic than TSPP, hands-down.
2 quick tips: remove the top left orbit gate (2 screws). And turn the flop/turn posts off in the game settings.

This man speaks the truth.

#28 11 years ago

Very Nice, I never played one, but a poker theme is what I would want and with someone mentioning it being a deep pin makes it all the better. By the way whats a BF? Can't think of it right off hand.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

By the way whats a BF? Can't think of it right off hand.

Hover your mouse over BF.

WPT is great, I love trashing those spinners to build the pot. you have the newest software installed?

#30 11 years ago

i removed the one way gate on the left orbit. also, in settings, turn off the stopping on the flop and turn. it really improves the flow. otherwise it has too many delays with the video.
great game. much better than bf and way better deal on your end if you decide to sell. the lower end, newer sterns seem to be gaining value lately.

#31 11 years ago

It's a bit dated but it's at least a once over on the rules.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/worldpokertour/index7.html

#32 11 years ago

I like poker and drop targets, so I like this pin. The art is horrible.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

The art is horrible.

Art is horrible, music and sound are horrible, callouts and voices are horrible.
other than that, the game is good. i have one and play it often.

#34 11 years ago

disagree that the sound, music and callouts are horrible but to each their own. The art is however horrible we can all agree to that.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

GoBlue said:The art is horrible.
Art is horrible, music and sound are horrible, callouts and voices are horrible.
other than that, the game is good. i have one and play it often.

Agree that the art (mainly translite) is horrible. Music is awesome! Killer guitar shredding and riffs, doesn't get old. As for the voices and callouts, they are great. Why? They really *add* to the game. Mike's callouts indicate what your holdem hand is (or what draw you have), so you know whether to try to finish the hand quickly or risk building the pot and then score a better (hopefully tripled) hand. Courtney's callouts are for the drop target hands, so you know what to go for to score which hand--again, a big help for deciding whether to triple your shot, once you know where the drops are. The drop target lights are good indicators for what to shoot, but the callouts tell you how valuable the next hand is if you make it. And this is just a tiny portion of the constant strategic options in this game.

#36 11 years ago

so maybe the callouts are informative but the voices are dull and boring. the "no limit multiball" callout couldn't have less enthusiasm behind it.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from pacattack13:

Mike found it for me.

#38 11 years ago

Pics as promised.

801.jpg801.jpg 802.jpg802.jpg 803.jpg803.jpg

#39 11 years ago

second set.

804.jpg804.jpg 805.jpg805.jpg 806.jpg806.jpg

#40 11 years ago

3rd set

807.jpg807.jpg 808.jpg808.jpg 809.jpg809.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Last one.

810.jpg810.jpg

#42 11 years ago

They look mint ! And at least your set up for tournament play according to the topper...

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

pacattack13 said:

Mike found it for me.

cool I see Mike put your BF up on ebay.....any idea what he is wanting for LW3?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from pacattack13:

$1300 I think.....I bet he'll take $1000

#45 11 years ago

Huh, you have some colors changed on the backwall flashers. Haven't thought of trying that. Does it look better than the stock all-red flashers there?

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

pacattack13 said:

$1300 I think.....I bet he'll take $1000

have you seen it in person? I havent been to his store lately. Might have to stop in on friday since I have some free time.....

#47 11 years ago

Love poker but do not care for this game title at all. I have tried getting in to it on 3 occasions and just not for me.

1 month later
#48 11 years ago

You got to Keefers' Invitational yet?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from darkmiss:

You got to Keefers' Invitational yet?

Sure, just hang a left after Valinor....

#50 11 years ago

Great game, just hate the backglass.I mean I could not have designed a more ugly picture, the chick ain't even hot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-thoughts-on-world-poker-tour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.