Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cart.jpg
    escalera.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kc_masterpiece.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

Agreed. Many were packing up by 1pm last year. If the vendors want to leave, fine...most people aren't buying vendor stuff Sat afternoon anyways.
    Extending the show till Sunday is brought up every year but still hasn't taken affect.
    I respect owners who want to shut down their machines at the end of the day for whatever reason, its their machine. But, having games available all night could work too if you really wanted. To make it work, on the floor plan you would have a section/area of games that will be available all night. People could set up there when they arrive, or move there later in the day and only machines in that area will be on and available. You may need to have someone police the other area to make sure people are not turning on and playing those machines.

Many start packing up immediately Saturday Morning. The show is 'over' Saturday by noon which is very unfair to anyone buying a ticket in for the day.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

So then don't schedule your time at the show for Saturday, go Thursday and Friday. People who bring games, vendors and flea market sellers are the ones who make the show a success and if they do not choose to stay on Saturday due to travel and the time it takes to load and unload, then so be it. I side with those people on this one. People have ample time to take off work and change their schedules plenty of time in advance to attend early on at the show.

THE SHOW IS SUPPOSED TO GO UNTIL 8PM ON SATURDAY!! That's my point here. Vendors can leave whenever. It's their business. But the 100 free play games make the show. Games are supposed to be set up until 6pm. I always bring games and if I leave them set up until 4pm, they are just about the only one's left. You can't bill a show as being on till 8 and let the games leave so early. It's dumb.

I like at the Louisville show, they ended at 4pm. There was no early packing up. They just announced the show was ending and turned on the lights. Then they cut power and everyone left. THAT'S how it should go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kc_masterpiece.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-thoughts-on-ohio-pinball-show-changes?tu=kc_masterpiece and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.