Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dannylite
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
DSC00890_(resized).JPG
DSC00889_(resized).JPG
DSC00888_(resized).JPG
DSC00886_(resized).JPG
DSC00887_(resized).JPG
DSC00884_(resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Seems like a good playing game and the backglass art is way cool. What are your opinions and will there be any reproduction items coming?
Thanks

#2 2 years ago

It's a fun game. Not the greatest shooter, but I bought it for the theme anyway.

I think cpr has/will be doing plastics and play fields

#3 2 years ago

Great classic Bally game really addicting and the artwork is straight up 70's. The sound is the classic arcade sounds very primitive but is a reminder to me of the beginning of the computer age in pinball.

I picked one up got it fully working and play it all the time. Awaiting the CPR Playfield which at last check was out for screen printing. Plastics are already available.

To me this is a keeper for the classic Bally collector. And worthy of a restore!

#4 2 years ago

I had one years ago and was very disappointed in the game play and sounds to where I didn't want to even play it and I tried and tried to like it. The backglass art is over the top and I'm trying to get just the glass to hang on the wall and call it good. Not a keeper in my book.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 2 years ago

I own one, mostly because I was into drag racing at the time of purchase. It's a fun occasional player, and the artwork is definitely cool.

Brad

#6 2 years ago

Game play is just get it in the saucer holes, nothing else matters. Fun enough game to play a few times, I personally wouldn't seek one out

#7 2 years ago

Here it is.

DSC00884_(resized).JPG

DSC00887_(resized).JPG

DSC00886_(resized).JPG

DSC00888_(resized).JPG

DSC00889_(resized).JPG

DSC00890_(resized).JPG

#8 2 years ago

Looks like a pretty nice example!

#9 2 years ago

Nice shape,the aluminum foil high voltage fuse looks scary

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Game play is just get it in the saucer holes, nothing else matters. Fun enough game to play a few times, I personally wouldn't seek one out

Agreed. Fun for a while. If you like the theme, go for it. Good, dumb fun.

#11 2 years ago

I have on I have been sitting on fixing. My back glass like many are flaked and the cabinet has art worn off on one side. Didn't pay too much. No one makes a glass which is a shame. I played one that they put color LEDs in the inserts. (Of course this requires adapters) Really made the game pop and moderate fun.

#12 2 years ago

The game will kick your ass over and over again. Classic Dave Mad Dog Christensen artwork. Mine is a keeper.

#13 2 years ago

I agree with the boring, repetitive rules. It's a great layout but if you took out everything except the left saucer your strategy wouldn't really change.

#14 2 years ago

I love mine, one of the best backglasses of all time. For fun I installed a fast blinking LED flasher behind the Zoomie headers so it looks like fire is flashing out the exhaust.

#15 2 years ago

Shoot the holes! Holes were very hard to shoot at Texas Pinball Fest this year.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Nice shape,the aluminum foil high voltage fuse looks scary

Yes I questioned this as well. Luckily only player 1 and 4's 100k digit is out.

#17 2 years ago

I finally got one last week, it's been on my want list for a long time because of the theme. We are a drag racing family, even my kids race junior dragsters.

Mine has a pretty decent cabinet, perfect backglass and a used clearcoated playfield with led's. Its a fun game that kicks my ass, simple layout but not easy. And nothing beats the backglass on this game!

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#18 2 years ago

my thoughts are it is pretty boring in the gameplay department. A nice one sat on the local clist for a few months last year with no bites. I think the guy eneded up selling it for $500 and it took a long time. That speaks volumes and there is a reason it sat

#19 2 years ago

I own one of these as well. Not as nice condition as yours though. I actually had the choice at the time between NGS and Mystic at the 2015 UK Pinball Party, and bought this as Mystic was way too easy to achieve everything on before the show had ended.

What keeps this game fresh to play is the level of challenge, harder than any of the digital/VPM versions you'll find (including mine). You'd think rolling the game over would be simple given how heavy it is on the collect bonus saucer, but the flippers are set up to not raise as high as on other old Ballys, making it more difficult to catch and control the ball. Bounce passing is an essential skill here. Fast play when set up well also makes up for the apparent emptiness, and the sound package, for only the second Bally to use a digital sound board after Future Spa, is pretty good. Even so, I recommend three ball play and conservative settings if you don't want to clock it too soon.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my thoughts are it is pretty boring in the gameplay department. A nice one sat on the local clist for a few months last year with no bites. I think the guy eneded up selling it for $500 and it took a long time. That speaks volumes and there is a reason it sat

Yea sure. These actually don't pop up for sale too often. Highly collectable with car guys, drag racing enthusiasts. Maybe not the best playing game but its really not that bad that it would just sit on Craigslist and not sell, not buying that story. I would have bought that in a heartbeat for $500.00

#21 2 years ago

I agree with most of the guys here. Great artwork, gameplay is sub par. Collectible to dragsters on theme, but I would say not as bad as kiss.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Yea sure. These actually don't pop up for sale too often. Highly collectable with car guys, drag racing enthusiasts. Maybe not the best playing game but its really not that bad that it would just sit on Craigslist and not sell, not buying that story. I would have bought that in a heartbeat for $500.00

you can ask around with the other locals if you want. The game seriously sat for months and months with no takers. He gradually lowered his price and pretty sure it went for $500 (maybe less) when it did finally sell.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you can ask around with the other locals if you want. The game seriously sat for months and months with no takers. He gradually lowered his price and pretty sure it went for $500 (maybe less) when it did finally sell.

From the year I spent tracking down mine, I'd say your experience is the exception not the rule

#24 2 years ago

If anybody in Midwest has one for sale lmk

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Shannyman:

If anybody in Midwest has one for sale lmk

PaulB on here I think does

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

From the year I spent tracking down mine, I'd say your experience is the exception not the rule

Agreed, it took me almost 2 years to land one. And I searched hard, as it was a must have machine for my family.

#27 2 years ago

Classic Bally. Yeah it's cheesy a little, but cool enough at the same time. Good backglass art.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That just means someone got a great deal. This machine will fetch over a grand easy in the next year. Classic Bally and back glass alone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside