(Topic ID: 90316)

Your take on buying expensive pins from far away.

By The_Fonz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by The_Fonz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1030418.JPG
P1030416.JPG
P1030415.JPG
P1030414.JPG
P1030413.JPG
P1030412.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Fonz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This is the first thread I have started Ehhhhhh !

So fellow pinsiders, here is the situation. I am in the most isolated city in the world. I am chasing an AFM or a MB. I have run wanted ads and the good news is I have been approached. The bad news is they are on the other side of the country (Melbourne) I have purchased like this before with one good experience (near new stern) and one bad experience (90's B/W) I have reasonable hi res pics with brief descriptions of these pins, but sometimes pics only tell half the story. After being burned before (with the 90's pin) I have now become hesitant to buy older machines without seeing in the flesh and playing. Especially when it comes to a $8-10k pin. But it could be this is the only way I get one. What are your thoughts or experiences.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks to all for the comments. Might be best - even if just for a day to fly over. As others have said 500-800 to fly over, might save me a lot of pain. I have had other pinheads look at the pics. They think kit looks good but hey, it's my money - not theirs.

4 weeks later
#16 9 years ago

Alright thread resurrection time. No guts, no glory right. Anyway this MB came up on the Aussie forums from the other side of Australia. He had some good photos up, but he sent me a few more. This pin was being competed for pretty strongly, meaning I had to move quickly. I bit the bullet and took a chance, and luckily for me I had a win. As it turns out it's from a fellow pinsider!.

The cab has been re decalled, the playfield is amazing, and it has some excellent mods, including full chrome trim, full LED's, side board decals from 'sillyoldelf' the plasma mod, the cobra mod, pinball pro high energy sound system and colour DMD. The look, sound and play of this machine is amazing, and I am so glad I made the choice to take a risk.

This pin travelled 5000km or 3100 miles to be here.

My new 2nd or 3rd Favourite after Luci and my shiny getaway.

A big thanks to dendoc (John) for putting me at ease, and delivering on what was promised. A honourable pinsider !

P1030418.JPGP1030418.JPGP1030416.JPGP1030416.JPGP1030415.JPGP1030415.JPGP1030414.JPGP1030414.JPGP1030413.JPGP1030413.JPGP1030412.JPGP1030412.JPG

#18 9 years ago

I have the cliffys on the way. One for the scoop, and the full shooter lane kit. I also got the drac attack playfield reinforcement bracket coming as well.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Looks gorgeous!

Thanks by the way. Very excited.

#21 9 years ago

Yeah - a couple of people offered to look actually (thanks to them) Having said that these MB's are few and far between, and the 1 or 2 that did come up (separate to this one) were a long way away from the members. Also my opinion and others can differ I guess. In the end it was a great result for me, when you consider the risk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Fonz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-take-on-buying-expensive-pins-from-far-away?tu=The_Fonz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.