(Topic ID: 90316)

Your take on buying expensive pins from far away.

By The_Fonz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by The_Fonz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1030418.JPG
P1030416.JPG
P1030415.JPG
P1030414.JPG
P1030413.JPG
P1030412.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've purchased many high-end pins remotely (mostly on the East Coast of the USA). I've had great luck/experience. The key is getting great pictures. If you aren't that skilled at evaluating the pics, ask a pinhead friend for their opinion. It also helps to be skilled at interviewing the person selling you the machine. Usually not too difficult to determine if they are a serious collector that cares about the hobby or someone just looking to make a buck. It's a bonus if the person selling is also a Pinsider (so you can view their posting history).
Even if you weren't in Perth, it's hard to just deal locally. Good luck.

^^^What he said.

No problemo if you insist on a high-res picture link with dozens of pics showing the entire machine, ask enough questions including title-specific common wear areas, and buy from a known good-guy hobbyist.

If you're still unsure, find a local hobbyist to inspect the game for you (and send them a token of your appreciation for their trouble).

I've bought many long-distance games--no problemo if you stick to the above criteria.

Good luck with your purchase.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside