(Topic ID: 21103)

Your reward for buying all the latest and greatest Sterns is...

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sternsucks.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

So for xmen fans this is it and now the heartbreak.

I have no heartbreak. Would I have liked the code to be more complete, absolutely. Am I going to nerd rage all over the place because I may have to stick a USB stick in the machine in a couple weeks to get it updated, not really. If the biggest disappointment in someone's life is that they feel heartbreak by their own overhyped expectations for a pinball machine they must have a really sweet life otherwise.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will not be buying ANY NIB game until it is proven as working like it should/ as advertised. I guess that means I am not an early adapter for pinball. 6-7k is a LOT of money to me personally and I EXPECT any product I spend that kind of cash on to work perfectly when new from the maker.

Buying a first run of a new pinball machine is a bit of a gamble for sure, especially at the price of an LE. Generally if you want an LE at a decent price, you have to early adopt and hope it all works out. If you are not wanting to be an early adopter, then definitely wait a few months and wait for reviews, early bugs to be worked out, revisions of software then buy a NIB pro, or pay way more than the early adopters for an LE.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

This LE stuff is utter garbage paid for by us hobbyist as we feel we have to get the LE. TRON LE being so good made the problem worse.

It will be corrected as TFLE and now X-men LE are giant cluster F___s

Your opinion, not shared by all of "us hobbyist", at least not by me. AC/DC has been a success. Many people, from what I have seen posted, like TFLE just fine. Tron seems to have universal respect. X-men has only been out two weeks, and even people with complaints say the game is a lot of fun, just needs a few tweaks.

It sounds like you are burnt out on buying NIB and not having your expectations met, but your personal experiences don't necessarily translate to the hobby as a whole.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-reward-for-buying-all-the-latest-and-greatest-sterns-is?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.