(Topic ID: 21103)

Your reward for buying all the latest and greatest Sterns is...

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sternsucks.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

You have a crapload of expensive machines that arrived with horrible quality control, followed by a long term "screw you" when it comes to Stern doing their due diligence with finished the code on each machine.
    This includes :
    Tron- where are the tweaks that should have been her to polish this?
    Transformers- Are they EVER going to finish this?
    AC/DC - well, you know. Code coming for premium/LE finally next week or so just so you can use the advertised features (at the very least).
    X-men- Good luck!!
    I suppose I'm at fault (or maybe I'm a sucker?) because I own a few of them and fall for the shiny object when I see it.

You're ridiculous. It's totally fine if you hate the games or if they all suck to you. But most them are finished.

Quoted from Cobray:

Tron- where are the tweaks that should have been her to polish this?

Tron is very polished and totally finished. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be improvements - nothing cant be improved. But it's done. You look silly putting this down as a "is not finished".

Quoted from Cobray:

Transformers- Are they EVER going to finish this?

Also this game is finished. All features are implemented, there are no known bugs. The game is finished. Just because you want more from the ruleset doesn't mean it's not finished. Finishing code does not mean scanning the internet for every possible feature request and implementing it. No company does that - nor should they feel they need to. Again, could it be improved? Yes, for sure. But it is definitely finished and feels as such.

Quoted from Cobray:

AC/DC - well, you know. Code coming for premium/LE finally next week or so just so you can use the advertised features (at the very least).

Yea, this one needs an update. But they are actively working on it. You realize programmers don't pull code out of their butts right? It takes time, effort, and lots of play testing.

Quoted from Cobray:

X-men- Good luck!!

This one is terrible right now. I admit it. In fact, I refuse to play it until it's updated. But there will for sure be updates. It's not a question of "if" or if you've been screwed. You will get an update for this. Yes, I have a big wish list for this, but it's not like I expect it to be exactly how I want it. They will make it how they think it should be, and that's where it will end.

Quoted from PW79:

TF, Tron, ACDC & XM are all unfinished indeed who can argue that?

I can. Tron and TF are finished. Again, finishing something isn't adding every feature *you* may want.

Quoted from PW79:

Avatar LE doesn't march as advertised, TF doesn't transform

And? Not being great doesn't mean finished. How are they going to add software to make the game transform? This is a completely different issue than non finished games.

Totally finished and a decent game.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Settle down Markmon, I have Sterns too
    The Avatar/TF mechanical commentary was not a software reference you are correct. It was an example of the shaft given to buyers.
    BDK is cool & on my wish list.
    Still, the games I listed *in my opinion* are either incomplete or not as advertised.

There was no shaft. There's nothing listed in transformers feature list on the product that went for sale that said "transforming toys". Anyone that ordered it went in knowing that. So how we're those folks shafted? As for avatar, not sure what the issue is there. Nothing seems incomplete. It's not a masterpiece, but I actually miss mine.

I bought a TFLE and sold it after playing a few hundred games. I didn't feel shafted. But there were better games to sit in my limited space. Ill rebuy it if my second level goes in. As for avatar, pretty much the same thing. To be honest, I miss transformers and avatar more than I play most my Bally Williams collection. There's a good chance I'll have to thin the herd there.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

*cough cough*
    -Tumbling All-Spark Cube
    -Extra spinner
    -Glowing red Megatron eyes
    *cough cough*
    All those things were on the feature list that sold us on the game....not to mention other things that Gomez discussed at PPE such as "orange" (DMD) QR codes, seamless transition between custom movie voices & fake voices, transforming upper playfield, date specific Easter Eggs, a secret "robot dance party", etc...

See I don't understand this. I remember seeing the feature list when the preorders came up and none of these things were listed.

As for the one transformers bug you pointed out that I never saw, that certainly is not serious enough to bitch that TF is "unfinished". But cool that you knew about this

The avatar stuff may make more sense to me if I ever saw the LE. Do any of those things also apply to the pro?

Certainly none of this warrants all the bitching "stern never finishes their games".

I see it differently:
    - all games except WoF get finished
    - all current games are finished except acdc and xmen.
    - TFLE may be a disappointment but it got finished
    - acdc is not yet finished, that sucks but it will be.
    - xmen LE is not yet playable. That sucks.
    - It sucks stern releases the games as unfinished as say xmen was.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They were all there....sure it had the disclaimer "subject to change" ...so, whatever...lol

Only the AMP "marching" applies to the LE. The suit has a coil on each foot while the Pro just had the motor on the back. The foot coils only make him shake when hit, which the Pro did as well with the back motor. The foot coils don't march as promised, and would be a relatively simple thing to add. The other stuff can apply to the Pro.

None of those missing features were on the TFLE feature list when I ordered my game. I saw a list of features released for the pro and changes for the LE all at the same time. Taken from pinball news:

"The standard Limited Edition will keep the Autobots v Decepticons theme while adding an upper playfield, more animated and illuminated toys, a shaker motor, a drop target, a second spinner, a metal ramp, violet and crimson side rails and hinges, LED playfield illumination, a second controlled gate on the orbit shot to create additional shot rules and a different Megatron "Cyber Ball Lock".  In addition to all that, the usual extras such as illuminated apron windows, playfield sliders and a traditional-style lock bar are also included, and if you buy one of the first 35 numbered machines you'll get a George Gomez signature on the playfield before it is clear coated."

And then stern had the feature list on their web site afterwards with the same list that is there today.

As for the avatar issues, I'll have to agree that those things exist. But I don't co sider them significant, do you? That game feels finished and plenty polished and bigger bugs exist in B/W titles. Certainly doesn't warrant "stern never finishes their games" talk. "stern releases unfinished games" seems fair, but they get finished. May not meet expectations.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You need to listen to what he promised at expo and ppe. Thats where all the big promises where laid out.

That may be true, but when it came time to order the game, the list was as I pasted. The disappointment should have been realized before ordering not after receiving the game. Such is how it was for me.

I like TFLE. But I'm not arguing its all it could have been. I am arguing that it's not incomplete SW wise. I'm not arguing the SW is great. Only that it's finished. No one was blind sided. We were told what would be on the game by the time we paid. It's fair to be disappointed in the game but it's not fair to call it not finished.

#82 11 years ago

That feature list sounds great. It's not what I saw when I ordered. Is that what you based your order off? If do you should actually have had them pick up the machine and refund.

Anyways, if the code gets updated and looks interesting I may buy again and I may just get a pro this time and spruce up the PF with more toys.

#107 11 years ago

I prefer plastic ramps. The acdc and xmen ramps are do clear. It really brightens up the machine. I think plastic ramps flow better also. So far in my home, a ramp has never broken.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-reward-for-buying-all-the-latest-and-greatest-sterns-is?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.