(Topic ID: 21103)

Your reward for buying all the latest and greatest Sterns is...

By Cobray

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sternsucks.jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

-AMP suit does not "march" as it should with the two foot coils unique to the LE. When the gate goes down and AMP Battle begins, the suit should stomp *left foot*.....*right foot*....*left foot*...repeat...maybe with some quick *left right left* stomps mixed in.
    -Light Unobtanium insert does not light during gameplay as it should (it should be on and then turn off once you've hit the target twice, lighting the Unobtanium outlane inserts)
    -The Link insert/flashers should pulse when you're 1 hit from Multiball (The AMP does this, Link should too)
    The rules are good in Avatar and there are no bugs...but these 3 little things would really bring it all home. There's a chance it will happen, too! *wink wink wink*

Add seed arrow does not light for Valkery jackpot (maybe another mode as well) but does count jackpots when hit.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

OP: I would understand if you weren't a pinball guy and it was your first NIB and this happened. But you have 7 games so you are more than just the casual hobbyist. You've heard of Wheel of Fortune and how it was never finished. You've heard of SM and how it took two years. You've heard of BDK and how it took years as well.

You bought the games knowing Stern has a history of either not completing the game at all or taking years to do it.

Yah, it sucks, but don't pretend like you didn't know exactly what you were getting yourself into.

The damn LE's sell out so if you want a game you do not have the luxury to wait unless you want to pay over inflated prices. X-men may be dumped by many on here when the next pin is announced as we all like to have the latest and greatest.

Also SM and others are not fair comparisons since Stern sold them for what a 2 year period. Now Stern retires games after 1 year (Tron) Stern really needs to put out 2 games a year which would really improve quality and longevity of each title.

This LE stuff is utter garbage paid for by us hobbyist as we feel we have to get the LE. Tron LE being so good made the problem worse.

It will be corrected as TFLE and now X-men LE are giant cluster F___s

#53 7 years ago

What I liked about the "Premium" was that it offered all of the same gameplay features as the LE. I believe that past games were designed as pros and then had an LE feature tacked on as an afterthought (pretty evident with TF). AC/DC was designed as the LE, and had the lower PF taken out for the Pro.

At least with AC/DC, you had the chance to see if you liked the game when it came out. If you did, and wanted the full featured game, you still had the chance to pickup the Premium (if you wait until release, you aren't going to get an LE). Now that's something that they've eliminated, or so it would seem.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

This LE stuff is utter garbage paid for by us hobbyist as we feel we have to get the LE. TRON LE being so good made the problem worse.

It will be corrected as TFLE and now X-men LE are giant cluster F___s

Your opinion, not shared by all of "us hobbyist", at least not by me. AC/DC has been a success. Many people, from what I have seen posted, like TFLE just fine. Tron seems to have universal respect. X-men has only been out two weeks, and even people with complaints say the game is a lot of fun, just needs a few tweaks.

It sounds like you are burnt out on buying NIB and not having your expectations met, but your personal experiences don't necessarily translate to the hobby as a whole.

#55 7 years ago

A lot of companies are doing this now, releasing product at a point in the development cycle where it's usable but still needs software updates to complete. I always assumed it was a cash flow thing where they needed that flood of income to keep production going on the project, which can be frustrating, but if it brings games to completion that otherwise would have gotten canceled in the dev process, I'm not sure it's a terrible thing.

The real issue is that there needs to be a certain amount of trust the customers have in the company that the games they buy on release will be completed, which is where it sounds like a lot of the complaints are really coming from. Seems like finished game code means something different to everyone once they play it in an unfinished state.

For some minimal perspective, the TZ "bug" of shooting the camera to score a powerball jackpot in powerball mania is just accepted as part of the game and not a sign of William's QC capabilities or that the game was not completed. Also the lack of third magnet that it was released with and the fact that the magnets only work on multiball start in one specific scenario. These are pretty minor, but seem somewhat analogous to some issues taken with some Stern games (though not comparable to the code state their recent games are released in).

#56 7 years ago

Don't buy it NIB then. Or, buy it NIB and leave it NIB. Everyone leaving the game NIB has been able to make money on them with AC/DC.

But he's not, he's opening them, and playing them because he wants to.

Also, we don't know how long AC/DC is going to run for. It will run as long as people are buying, but they are more than willing to run it as long as it takes.

Quoted from hank527:

lso SM and others are not fair comparisons since Stern sold them for what a 2 year period. Now Stern retires games after 1 year (Tron) Stern really needs to put out 2 games a year which would really improve quality and longevity of each title.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Its crazy how much influence these forums have on people who do not own the game. They buy in to not only the positive hype, but even the negative, especially when it comes to Stern

I went to visit Terry at PL back in April and he had AC/DC pro setup, so I played a few. I could not believe what a non-issue the face was. I was taken aback. I don't know what I expected, maybe for Angus to just reach out and slap me while playing, but it was a total non-issue. Reading the forums, one would have thought that would completely ruin the game. I actually felt sort of betrayed . I learned from that though.

#58 7 years ago

Your reward for buying all the latest and greatest Sterns is...

Better pricing, the chance to have the game before anyone else (Cmon you know you love that) , the chance to own it before it sells out and great support with software and technical issues.

Sorry to be the fan boy but I am very happy with these games. I dont share the same expectations obviously but I do spend every night in the game room with my kids having a ball.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Reading the forums, one would have thought that would completely ruin the game

And Stern listened...unfortunately I think replacing Angus on the Premiums and LE's was an even uglier mistake on Stern's part. I have an LE and I'm living with the change, but I find it looks like ass.
    Imagine! Angus Young's face on an AC/DC pinball machine! What were they thinking!

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

And Stern listened...unfortunately I think replacing Angus on the Premiums and LE's was an even uglier mistake on Stern's part. I have an LE and I'm living with the change, but I find it looks like ass.
    Imagine! Angus Young's face on an AC/DC pinball machine! What were they thinking!

The problem with the Angus face on the Pro was not that it was Angus...but that it looked like a giant decal covering up a missing feature. It had the exact outline of the lower playfield, and it's just taking up way too much "art" real estate to look good. It may have looked better on the LE, being sunken down and having its own lighting controls....but I like the LE lower PF for the most part. I think the inserts should have been covered with art so it would be more of a "surprise" when the face lit up.

#61 7 years ago

I agree with your points Greg, but back then the general consensus, from what I remember, was that it was just too big and ugly. It does look out of place because it appears to be hand drawn and the rest of the pf is photoshop. I'd like to see what the bottom pf looks like with the face down there. Someday soon hopefully

Quoted from Rarehero:

The problem with the Angus face on the Pro was not that it was Angus...but that it looked like a giant decal covering up a missing feature. It had the exact outline of the lower playfield, and it's just taking up way too much "art" real estate to look good. It may have looked better on the LE, being sunken down and having its own lighting controls....but I like the LE lower PF for the most part. I think the inserts should have been covered with art so it would be more of a "surprise" when the face lit up.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The problem with the Angus face on the Pro was not that it was Angus...but that it looked like a giant decal covering up a missing feature.

They should focus groups like other company’s do this would help.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

See I don't understand this. I remember seeing the feature list when the preorders came up and none of these things were listed.

They were all there....sure it had the disclaimer "subject to change" ...so, whatever...lol

Quoted from markmon:

The Avatar stuff may make more sense to me if I ever saw the LE. Do any of those things also apply to the pro?

Only the AMP "marching" applies to the LE. The suit has a coil on each foot while the Pro just had the motor on the back. The foot coils only make him shake when hit, which the Pro did as well with the back motor. The foot coils don't march as promised, and would be a relatively simple thing to add. The other stuff can apply to the Pro.

#64 7 years ago

You have a crapload of expensive machines that arrived with horrible quality control, followed by a long term "screw you" when it comes to Stern doing their due diligence with finished the code on each machine.

// Error: Image 36946 not found // sternsucks.jpg

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What I liked about the "Premium" was that it offered all of the same gameplay features as the LE. I believe that past games were designed as pros and then had an LE feature tacked on as an afterthought (pretty evident with TF). AC/DC was designed as the LE, and had the lower PF taken out for the Pro.
    At least with AC/DC, you had the chance to see if you liked the game when it came out. If you did, and wanted the full featured game, you still had the chance to pickup the Premium (if you wait until release, you aren't going to get an LE). Now that's something that they've eliminated, or so it would seem.

I completely love this sales strategy. My biggest pet peeve with Stern, which I am always bringing up, is making it so only the few LE owners get all the *gameplay* features (the most important part of the game). AC/DC Premium is the best situation for everyone that wants the full version of the game, but doesn't want to fight the LE market or become an early adopter. Every game needs a Premium model IMO if they are insisting on creating a vastly different playing Pro and LE model.

#66 7 years ago

Absolutely 100% agree.

Quoted from sosage:

AC/DC Premium is the best situation for everyone that wants the full version of the game, but doesn't want to fight the LE market or become an early adopter. Every game needs a Premium model IMO if they are insisting on creating a vastly different playing Pro and LE model.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

I completely love this sales strategy. My biggest pet peeve with Stern, which I am always bringing up, is making it so only the few LE owners get all the *gameplay* features (the most important part of the game). AC/DC Premium is the best situation for everyone that wants the full version of the game, but doesn't want to fight the LE market or become an early adopter. Every game needs a Premium model IMO if they are insisting on creating a vastly different playing Pro and LE model.

You "completely love" Stern's marketing/sales strategy? Really? I hate it, personally. Apart from coercing pre-sales by threat of scarcity of LEs (which certain hobbyists enable by continuing to buy these things sight unseen), the Premium marketing is a sham. They basically make games like their earlier 'regular' ones, but charfge inflated 'premium' prices for them. And then they produce a crippled, dumbed-down Costco version, call that a 'Pro' and attempt to equate it to the older regular games, except they even raised prices on those too.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

You "completely love" Stern's marketing/sales strategy? Really? I hate it, personally. Apart from coercing pre-sales by threat of scarcity of LEs (which certain hobbyists enable by continuing to buy these things sight unseen), the Premium marketing is a sham. They basically make games like their earlier 'regular' ones, but charfge inflated 'premium' prices for them. And then they produce a crippled, dumbed-down Costco version, call that a 'Pro' and attempt to equate it to the older regular games, except they even raised prices on those too.

It's better than "Costco or LE", which is where they were heading before AC/DC Premium (and I guess where they are heading afterwards with X-Men).

Edit: but I totally see what you're saying and you're right. There is a bait and switch thing going on and I am falling for it. If they keep insisting on Pro being a gameplay downgrade, I really like that there is at least an "unlimited" Premium in the middle to choose from.

#69 7 years ago

I just miss Bally/Williams...because none of their games ever had to have a code update, and they never had any issues whatsoever.

....wait, that's not true either, is it?

At least updating the code on my WPC games is super-easy...I just grab my USB stick and...

....oh, wait.

Well, their games were always super-finished out the box code-wise anyhow. It's not like Cactus Canyon is missing simple stuff like match animations, or Cirqus Voltaire took many years to get a polished home rom update.

Quite simply, pins have problems...and many of them right out of the box. They also can't include stuff that will make every single consumer happy, and it's always been that way.

Pete

#70 7 years ago

Four words - try before you buy. If they keep selling out before the game ships why would they need to "finish" code? Buying before you try it and crying about it later just screams that you have self control issues.

#71 7 years ago

You guys do know that this was the same story with Bally, Williams, Data East, Sega, and Gottlieb, right? Lots of these games shipped with unfinished code, engineering flaws, or imperfections in the playfield and plastics.

Heck, Cirqus Voltaire STILL isn't finished...

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I agree with your points Greg, but back then the general consensus, from what I remember, was that it was just too big and ugly.

You both are missing the big picture. Literally. The complaints about sneer Angus were virtually all based on early pictures. People didn't like what the saw in pictures. Many of those same people who complained went on to finally play a pro and later said that it didn't look out of place in person and wasn't distracting at all while playing. Imagine that. People admitting they were wrong on the internet.

This why companies should never make changes based on reactions to pictures. I don't care how many pixels you use, pictures don't ever accurately convey what things look like in real life.

Note to the original poster:

"**subject to adjustment**"

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/x.aspx

Please try to remember this in the future. It's at the bottom of the page, but that doesn't make it any less important.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You both are missing the big picture. Literally. The complaints about sneer Angus were virtually all based on early pictures. People didn't like what the saw in pictures. Many of those same people who complained went on to finally play a pro and later said that it didn't look out of place in person and wasn't distracting at all while playing. Imagine that. People admitting they were wrong on the internet.

I was one of those people. Then after seeing it i actually liked it. Shame it got pulled from the le/prem lower. I WAS WRONG!

#74 7 years ago

I'd much rather have Angus than flaming iron man. It makes no sense and looks silly. Glad I have my LE, but wish Stern had stuck to their guns with Angus.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They were all there....sure it had the disclaimer "subject to change" ...so, whatever...lol

Only the AMP "marching" applies to the LE. The suit has a coil on each foot while the Pro just had the motor on the back. The foot coils only make him shake when hit, which the Pro did as well with the back motor. The foot coils don't march as promised, and would be a relatively simple thing to add. The other stuff can apply to the Pro.

None of those missing features were on the TFLE feature list when I ordered my game. I saw a list of features released for the pro and changes for the LE all at the same time. Taken from pinball news:

"The standard Limited Edition will keep the Autobots v Decepticons theme while adding an upper playfield, more animated and illuminated toys, a shaker motor, a drop target, a second spinner, a metal ramp, violet and crimson side rails and hinges, LED playfield illumination, a second controlled gate on the orbit shot to create additional shot rules and a different Megatron "Cyber Ball Lock".  In addition to all that, the usual extras such as illuminated apron windows, playfield sliders and a traditional-style lock bar are also included, and if you buy one of the first 35 numbered machines you'll get a George Gomez signature on the playfield before it is clear coated."

And then stern had the feature list on their web site afterwards with the same list that is there today.

As for the avatar issues, I'll have to agree that those things exist. But I don't co sider them significant, do you? That game feels finished and plenty polished and bigger bugs exist in B/W titles. Certainly doesn't warrant "stern never finishes their games" talk. "stern releases unfinished games" seems fair, but they get finished. May not meet expectations.

#76 7 years ago

You need to listen to what he promised at expo and ppe. Thats where all the big promises where laid out.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I'd much rather have Angus than flaming Iron Man.

I prefer the flames! I think it looks cool. But Im not a giant ACDC fan either.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You need to listen to what he promised at expo and ppe. Thats where all the big promises where laid out.

That may be true, but when it came time to order the game, the list was as I pasted. The disappointment should have been realized before ordering not after receiving the game. Such is how it was for me.

I like TFLE. But I'm not arguing its all it could have been. I am arguing that it's not incomplete SW wise. I'm not arguing the SW is great. Only that it's finished. No one was blind sided. We were told what would be on the game by the time we paid. It's fair to be disappointed in the game but it's not fair to call it not finished.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

None of those missing features were on the TFLE feature list when I ordered my game. I saw a list of features released for the pro and changes for the LE all at the same time. Taken from pinball news:
    "The standard Limited Edition will keep the Autobots v Decepticons theme while adding an upper playfield, more animated and illuminated toys, a shaker motor, a drop target, a second spinner, a metal ramp, violet and crimson side rails and hinges, LED playfield illumination, a second controlled gate on the orbit shot to create additional shot rules and a different Megatron "Cyber Ball Lock".  In addition to all that, the usual extras such as illuminated apron windows, playfield sliders and a traditional-style lock bar are also included, and if you buy one of the first 35 numbered machines you'll get a George Gomez signature on the playfield before it is clear coated."
    And then stern had the feature list on their web site afterwards with the same list that is there today.

Dude right there - second spinner. There is none.

Here's the original features list that came out:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-pinball-game-images-and/16481/news.html

Transformers LE Model Features:
    “Megatron Robot Form" Rapid Fire Multiball Cannon with "Cyber" Ball Lock
    Animated and with Illuminated Eyes
    “Ironhide” Transformer with "Chromium Cyber Sphere" Player-Controlled Upper Playfield
    “Starscream Strike” Action Figure Target
    "Cybertron Zenith and Nadir" Orbit Shots via second electronically-controlled gate
    “All Spark Cube Tumbler" rotating above ramp when ramp is shot
    “Megatron Cyber Lock Guard" Drop Target
    “Quake Maker" Shaker Motor
    Additional "Transformers" Spinning Target
    Color transparent windows in ball guides
    Color transparent illuminated bottom arch
    Traditional lock down bar, slides, brackets.
    “Full Spectrum Color Chroma” LED general illumination and control lamps
    "Ironhide" Metal Ramp
    Unique backglass art
    Designer-Signed Playfields #s 1-35: George Gomez' signature under hard coat
    1-500 Numbered Plaque and Certificate of Authenticity
    “Decepticon Violet” side armor legs & hinge; Left Side
    “Autobot Crimson” side armor legs & hinge; Right Side
    TF” Color Split Hand Protector in “Decepticon Violet” and “Autobot Crimson”
    Unique LE "Vector Sigma Data Track" QR Codes
    Authenticating Stern Pinball Inc. Official Product Hologram
    Enhanced LE Game User Manual

#80 7 years ago

So there ya go, Mark...this was the official features list that most of us saw when we ordered the game.

There was no second spinner, rotating All-Spark, or animating Megatron with illumnated eyes. Yeah, Megaton slightly moves but I'd hardly call that animating. We all saw the TF teaser video where Gomez was messing with a fully animating figure...we assumed it would be that.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

To be honest, I miss Transformers and Avatar more than I play most my Bally Williams collection. There's a good chance I'll have to thin the herd there.

It's kind of weird, and almost scares me to admit it, but that's pretty much where I'm heading as well. I just like to play and own what I like. Don't care who makes it. Lately I've been liking more and more Sterns.

#82 7 years ago

That feature list sounds great. It's not what I saw when I ordered. Is that what you based your order off? If do you should actually have had them pick up the machine and refund.

Anyways, if the code gets updated and looks interesting I may buy again and I may just get a pro this time and spruce up the PF with more toys.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

To be honest, I miss Transformers and Avatar more than I play most my Bally Williams collection. There's a good chance I'll have to thin the herd there.

It's kind of weird, and almost scares me to admit it, but that's pretty much where I'm heading as well. I just like to play and own what I like. Don't care who makes it. Lately I've been liking more and more Sterns.

Quoted from Eskaybee:Lots of thumbs down/up's going on in this thread; im gonna jump into the pirana water and see what comes my way
    Transformers: I almost bought into the negative hype that came from the few select crowd. And i'll agree, Transformers was the hardest of my 6 sterns to dial in. But once i dialed it in, i realized its a top 3 stern (even with the OP ruleset - Rumored code soon to be released!) and those select TF bashers are on crack. So get out and leave my TF alone lol - i was a preorder buyer too if anyone is counting.
    Its crazy how much influence these forums have on people who do not own the game. They buy in to not only the positive hype, but even the negative, especially when it comes to Stern. I appreciate the OP's feedback esp since he owns some sterns, but i would take TRON, TF, ACDC, XMEN over some of my old school favorites (TAF, TZ, MM, AFM...ok maybe wouldnt take acdc over AFM, but the other 3 i would lol ).
    Anyway, point is, these are exciting times for pinball despite the prices, and im glad stern is putting out good, fun, quality (yes i said quality because after 6 nib's i still havent seen anything ridiculously underquality) games, If they werent here we'd have to be recycling through the old bunch of games that are starting to feel like classic rock songs - yea theyre cool and all, but Just because its classic, doesnt mean its still good.

Couldn't agree more with all of this, particularly the part about how few people with loud voices on a pinball discussion group can have an impact/influence on how a particular pin is perceived.....assuming that pin is a Stern. How many people start piling on based on the vocal few who bash a pin, despite the fact that these people who pile on don't own the pin and never played it?

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

That feature list sounds great. It's not what I saw when I ordered. Is that what you based your order off? If do you should actually have had them pick up the machine and refund.

Yup, I saw that and instantly placed my order. Was at Gomez's PPE speech and talked to him afterwards as well...and everything he told me got me BEYOND excited. Keep in mind I grew up with Transformers and this was my dream theme - and everything I was hearing sounded excellent. My TF fanboyism kept me going through the QC issues and disappointments...but it was finally the stubbornness to add an option for multiball progression that officially made me say "this isn't fun anymore, and therefore I can't mask my feelings about all the other disappointments and broken promises" - and I was done with it.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I've always played my Sterns the most....I go through phases where I'm like "I shouldn't have so many Sterns...I need to get more classics in the house" ...but then I just keep playing the crap out of my Sterns....lol. Fun is fun.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It's fair to be disappointed in the game but it's not fair to call it not finished.

It would be nice is everyone understood this.

There is a big difference between being unfinished and not liked.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, I saw that and instantly placed my order. Was at Gomez's PPE speech and talked to him afterwards as well...and everything he told me got me BEYOND excited. Keep in mind I grew up with Transformers and this was my dream theme - and everything I was hearing sounded excellent. My TF fanboyism kept me going through the QC issues and disappointments...but it was finally the stubbornness to add an option for multiball progression that officially made me say "this isn't fun anymore, and therefore I can't mask my feelings about all the other disappointments and broken promises" - and I was done with it.

Honestly, does anybody think they will ever put the multiball progression in the game. I really hope they do but I have very serious doubts.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Didnt help i saw the light before you and started my smear campaign

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I've always played my Sterns the most....I go through phases where I'm like "I shouldn't have so many Sterns...I need to get more classics in the house" ...but then I just keep playing the crap out of my Sterns....lol. Fun is fun.

"Fun is fun" is exactly right.

My recent collection has been very B/W heavy, with Tron LE being my only Stern. In the last week I've added TF LE and XM LE. I also know that an AC/DC will be in my collection at some point.

I'm definitely getting to the point now where it is becoming more and more difficult to sell a pin to bring the next one in though.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Didnt help i saw the light before you and started my smear campaign

I'd call it more of a rampage than a campaign.

Hmmm....I wonder if Greg is an example of someone that I made reference to earlier regarding being easily influenced by the very vocal minority?

Nah.

Have I mentioned that I love my Decepticon despite your smear campaign/rampage?

#91 7 years ago

Fuck i had so many issues with my game. No clear on lower 1/3rd WTF right, decal issues. CPU issues megatron issues. blah blah blah. I still like tf as well. My game was a pile of shit though.

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Fuck i had so many issues with my game. No clear on lower 1/3rd WTF right, decal issues. CPU issues megatron issues. blah blah blah. I still like tf as well. My game was a pile of shit though.

I know, I remember the threads.

My Decepticon has terrible decal wrinkling. Then Eskaybee saw it and said his was worse!

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'd call it more of a rampage than a campaign.
    Hmmm....I wonder if Greg is an example of someone that I made reference to earlier regarding being easily influenced by the very vocal minority?
    Nah.

Me? Influenced? The guy who will go to bat for Avatar all the time? The guy who will go to bat for Baywatch? C'mon.

My deal w/ TF was simple. It just stopped being fun to me. This removed the fanboy curtain. Get back to me when you've played your TF over 1500 times and tell me if it's still fun. I play the CRAP out of my games before I decide to call it a day or keep it. To TF's credit, I played it more than other games that I've sold. Probably put about 500-600 plays on BDK, WOF, POTC before I got rid of them.

...and even then - I usually don't get rid of a game because I don't like it...sometime's I've just played it enough and I'm over it and want the spot open for a different game. TF was a special case of multiple disappointments all crashing down on top of one another.

#94 7 years ago

This is true i had close to 2000 on mine when it left. I actually had to shop it out it was getting dirty.

#95 7 years ago

Tron LE is one of the all time great games, and barring a financial disaster won't ever leave my collection. Yep, the pro is missing the extra ball, but barring that, this game is totally finished.

TFLE is actually a really good game. I think my opinion of it is different to a lot of people here cause I didn't pre-order, I got it after the fact, made my decision based on what was actually in the game, and there were no disappointments as a result. When I compare it to most games in my collection, its deep, there is heaps to do and shoot for, and it feels fun to play. The game is finished and again, won't be leaving.

AC/DC LE is a fantastic game. Code update is on the way, but even if we didn't get the update, its still a great game, even without a wizard mode I did think about selling it momentarily but thats because they were selling for $12k down here HUO and I knew I could buy a premium if it came to it.

X-Men LE, I can't comment as my games haven't arrived yet but from what I've seen the code is very early, not sure why they shipped it like that but it is what it is. Other than that the game looks awesome. Including a couple of features that haven't been on a pin in 10 years. Got to be the best art since CV or TOTAN, custom dots which we haven't had for years, and a bunch of other features - whats not to like?

If you take a pin at face value, rather than what your expectations are, you'll enjoy your pins a whole lot more.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Me? Influenced? The guy who will go to bat for Avatar all the time? The guy who will go to bat for Baywatch? C'mon.
    My deal w/ TF was simple. It just stopped being fun to me. This removed the fanboy curtain. Get back to me when you've played your TF over 1500 times and tell me if it's still fun. I play the CRAP out of my games before I decide to call it a day or keep it. To TF's credit, I played it more than other games that I've sold. Probably put about 500-600 plays on BDK, WOF, POTC before I got rid of them.
    ...and even then - I usually don't get rid of a game because I don't like it...sometime's I've just played it enough and I'm over it and want the spot open for a different game. TF was a special case of multiple disappointments all crashing down on top of one another.

Spot on Greg.

I know you aren't influenced like that. Guess I should have put that little winky emoticon after my last sentence.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

You have a crapload of expensive machines that arrived with horrible quality control, followed by a long term "screw you" when it comes to Stern doing their due diligence with finished the code on each machine.
    This includes :
    Tron- where are the tweaks that should have been her to polish this?
    Transformers- Are they EVER going to finish this?
    AC/DC - well, you know. Code coming for premium/LE finally next week or so just so you can use the advertised features (at the very least).
    X-men- Good luck!!
    I suppose I'm at fault (or maybe I'm a sucker?) because I own a few of them and fall for the shiny object when I see it.

Step away from the ledge there Mr. Negative Nelly!

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Step away from the ledge there Mr. Negative Nelly!

I can't stand it anymore!! I'm jumping!!

LOL. And to think that I'm trying to convince my wife that AC/DC wouldn't be a negative thing to have in our house for the kids..

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

We all saw the TF teaser video where Gomez was messing with a fully animating figure...we assumed it would be that.

We also saw Lonnie playing with metal ramps in the XMEN video and then they used plastic ramps in the real game. Just goes to show how accurate their videos are, lol

#100 7 years ago

Yes it shows how misleading they really are and how far they will go to lie to their buyers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 24.00
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside