Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Plans for pinball in 2020?”

• Adding newer titles 65 votes
      35%
    • Adding classic titles 40 votes
      22%
    • Out of space/ Perfect for now 43 votes
      23%
    • Going down one or more pins 38 votes
      20%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 pins Dec2020 (resized).jpg
    6 pins Mar2020 (resized).jpg
    FD37AB28-7C20-4208-AE9B-F3417D297631 (resized).jpeg
    9559B175-213E-422B-BA02-47DC78C438E3 (resized).jpeg
    31D824D9-337C-489E-91F0-20CCA6006BC9 (resized).jpeg
    oktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).png
    Oktoberfest beer maid (resized).jpg
    ironmaiden-premium-front (resized).jpg
    20191215_143333 (resized).jpg
    Pin Brew Fest Poster_proof (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200102_110847[1145] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191229_194438[1147] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191228_100333[1146] (resized).jpg
    F6057071-1246-449C-899E-FC32FB1E80B8 (resized).jpeg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

What is on tap for your pinball spaces in 2020?
    Adding/ subtracting game(s), shuffling in new titles/classics, a restore, or perfect how it stands?

Happy New Year!!

#2 4 years ago

Rick and Morty!

F6057071-1246-449C-899E-FC32FB1E80B8 (resized).jpegF6057071-1246-449C-899E-FC32FB1E80B8 (resized).jpeg
    #3 4 years ago

EatPM Playfield Swap and Cabinet Refurb.

Then...I am pinching pennies for the options on my Rick and Morty machine. Butter cabinet and the works.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick and Morty![quoted image]

Yes! Same here!

Meanwhile I have several EMs that are overdue for tinkering with, as well as a big ball bowler to get working!

#5 4 years ago

Adding more pins on location in my city. Love to see people enjoying pinball!

#6 4 years ago

Have 4 machines coming in shortly, then taking a nice long break to let my wallet heal and just concentrate more on playing. Already made a resolution to play more on location and in smaller tourneys, unfortunately that's usually a 60 minute drive in one direction or another and I work later hours, so it's hard to make it on time. Pintastic is 20 minutes away from me this year, really looking forward to that. Would also like to start streaming/uploading to twitch or youtube at some point this year. To an audience of zero probably, but whatever, as long as it's fun.

#7 4 years ago

Last year ended on a dry spell. I thought there would be a new game or two post Expo.

So this new year I'm hoping for at least two new games. Two older games leaving. And maybe others sold or traded to change things up.

I hope I get sent to Texas Pinball Festival, or Midwest Gaming Classic. They are so close together that I can only do one if sent. And that will be my only show this year. If any.

I don't see me going back to Chicago any time soon. So more on my bucket list of things to do. I'd like to see American Pinball's new plant. I was fortunate to see Stern's old plant ( being I work for competitors I'm not allowed in the new plant - no problem here. Their building, their rules. Plus if anything leaks it wasn't me, I wasn't there ). And I was fortunate in the past to see Jersey Jack Pinball's plant. And American Pinball's soon to be old plant.

So previous years have been pretty good to me and I'm hoping for a positive year this year.

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago

Definately reducing the fleet some more, as well as shrinking the parts stockpile a bit. I have more games & parts than I really have room for. I already shed about a dozen games in the past few months and that hardly seemed to make a dent.

#9 4 years ago

Completing my wishlist.

#10 4 years ago

To keep donating to the DNO and Gooch retirement fund.

Still waiting for Washington to make it a tax write off.

#11 4 years ago

I plan to pick up both new and classics this coming year. Hopefully at least 10-12.

#12 4 years ago

Complete all projects and don't buy any machines that need more than 4 hours of work to get them working.

#13 4 years ago

Been waiting a while to add a second pin to the basement. Just waiting for the right machine to come along and a reasonable price to buy it.

#14 4 years ago

Want to buy a used Deadpool pro and eventually trade Iron Maiden for something like Star Trek, Metallica, or Guardians.

#15 4 years ago

Adding IMDN to my line up (will be here 1/6).
    Selling Bally PB and F14 at TPF (both being restored now).
    May sell CV.
    Waiting for JJP GnR - CE time!

#16 4 years ago

My intended focus of what to add to the collection in 2020.
    Mostly looking for machines that are fun and not readily available at locations or friends houses. I own way too may arcade games and plan or selling or trading up some of the ones I never play for pins.

1) Rick and Morty
    2) Good Alphanumeric solid states.
    3) Off the beaten path DMD pins.

#17 4 years ago

My first pin: MMR Royal Edition. Getting basement ready while I wait for it to ship. Also entering my first tournament.

#18 4 years ago

Bring in a maximum of one new game. Ideally nothing... but I’m a weak person. So let’s say one

Teach myself electronics / board work to keep my solid states healthy.

Attend a pinball show.

Enter a tournament.

#19 4 years ago

Rick and morty and Ninja turtles for me

#20 4 years ago

My plan is don’t buy or sell any pinballs in 2020. Due to lack of space and money.

#21 4 years ago

My plans depend on Stern.
    I’m just waiting for them to get their act together on the play fields.

If not, I may start paying for a few high end restorations.

#22 4 years ago

Just waiting to hear when my MMrSE will be delivered. Then the game room will be complete.

#23 4 years ago

Sell, sell, sell more parts at the shows. Get paid for parts that I sent out that haven't been paid for. Shop out my own games and try and do at least one if not two playfield swaps before April.

John

#24 4 years ago

Just added one this week but will hope to get a new game in 2020. Pending something grabbing me at launch houdini or Potc somehow

#25 4 years ago

Im pretty happy with my collection as it sits. I have a lot of projects on the docket, and I’m out of space, so determining what games I want to sell moving forward is going to be hard.

The only game I really want to acquire soon is Twilight Zone. After that, everything else is a bonus.

#26 4 years ago

I would like to own Wonka, leaning toward LE also want to see new title from cgc.

#27 4 years ago

Play more location pinball.
    Get more regional pinheads on the podcast.
    Spend less time on the internet.

#28 4 years ago

Daughter starting college in September. So another pinball purchase may be put on hold. I’ll enjoy what I have for now. Happy New Year to all..

#29 4 years ago

likely hunt down a few more rare classics.

With any luck, plans will be finalized and break ground on the new place so we can get the whole collection on legs in one place.

#30 4 years ago

I've been working on these bits from my DE Star Trek machine

IMG_20191228_100333[1146] (resized).jpgIMG_20191228_100333[1146] (resized).jpgIMG_20191229_194438[1147] (resized).jpgIMG_20191229_194438[1147] (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago

finished up in candy violet , I'll refit today & for 2020 only buy well priced games that I can be flipped quick & easy for better games
    IMG_20200102_110847[1145] (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_110847[1145] (resized).jpg

#32 4 years ago

Heading up north to Spooky-town to grab my ACNC Saturday. Then I’ll probably sell a couple and eventually buy a new game and probably an older title.

#33 4 years ago

sell four or five games
    i know it is heracy but there is such a thing as too many machines

#34 4 years ago

Well ,lets see. I'm going to prototype 3-5 more Hardtops for Outside Edge, I'm going to hire Robert Stone to powdercoat 3-6 more games I have out on location. Oh yeah, I'm half owner of the newest pinball show in the midwest PINBREW, so I got that to do . Then I'm expanding Pirates Life Pinball Company and setting up in a beautiful new megabar in N.E.Ohio. In between all that Im restoring games and building Hardtop games to bring to our show. I love Pinball..Honey,wheres the advil.

In all sincerity I love this Hobby/Business, I hope to co-produce a great new show in N.E.Ohio with Marvin O.I hope people from all of Ohio ,Western NY and Western PA will have a new Home/Show to call theirs in the spring. Hope to see you in April.
    Cheers, Keith
    Pin Brew Fest Poster_proof (resized).jpgPin Brew Fest Poster_proof (resized).jpg

#35 4 years ago

Finish my Indy restoration and actually be able to play it... its been out of commission for over a year and a half. Maybe sell my RFM and put the cash towards an Addams Family project pin.

#36 4 years ago

Will look for 1 special machine this year.
    Going to wear out locations near the house. Cheaper, better variety, get it out of the system for awhile.
    Probably never get a NIB with the way things are going, just nothing on the Market worth marrying and the quality is circumspect if there was.
    I would like to make my first Pinball Video, looking forward to that.
    Usually shop 1-3 EM projects every Winter, doesn't look like that will happen.

#37 4 years ago

1. Play pinball every day
    2. Take my Rick and Morty to Allentown/York if it comes in on time.
    3. Trade my Champion Pub for something TBD and continue trading for games I normally wouldn’t get to play… would be thrilled if I eventually wound up with a Twilight Zone for temporary trades.
    4. Leave every pin that rotates through my basement better than I found it.
    5. Get better (Whirlwind is great for fundamentals.)
    6. Play in a league or at least try a tournament.

#38 4 years ago

Just hot jolly park and need to get it running. Needs a shop and the magnetic funhouse doesn't work.
    Sold rzle today.

I think avatar le is next to go. Problem is the stuff I want does not come up for sale.

#39 4 years ago

Adding Jan build Stern JP Premium!!! Adding usually mods including new powder coating legs, rails etc!

#40 4 years ago

I don't buy, but here are my plans for the next 9 months:

Finish Police Force project
    Tear down and replace crappy rubbers with silicone rings on Cue Ball Wizard that is otherwise fine (annoying)
    Repair and shop out F-14

All games are going back to location for others to enjoy.

#41 4 years ago

My 2020 pinball plan:

1. Win lottery
    2. Quit job
    3. Build new (much bigger) game room
    4. Buy a crapton of new pinball machines

#42 4 years ago

My 2020 pinball plan:

Waiting for R&M. But I'm #670 so it might be 2021 before I see it.
    Waiting for HEP ES restoration, but no hurry at this end.

New game purchases will be limited this year as I overspent in 2019, and I am running out of space. However, if BBBr is announced, or if someone remakes Aliens, I would go for it. Also would pick up a Mousin Around if a nice one became available.

#43 4 years ago

Sleeeeep.... Oh and try to land that AFM my buddy wants gone.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Well ,lets see. I'm going to prototype 3-5 more Hardtops for Outside Edge, I'm going to hire Robert Stone to powdercoat 3-6 more games I have out on location. Oh yeah, I'm half owner of the newest pinball show in the midwest PINBREW, so I got that to do . Then I'm expanding Pirates Life Pinball Company and setting up in a beautiful new megabar in N.E.Ohio. In between all that Im restoring games and building Hardtop games to bring to our show. I love Pinball..Honey,wheres the advil.
    In all sincerity I love this Hobby/Business, I hope to co-produce a great new show in N.E.Ohio with Marvin O.I hope people from all of Ohio ,Western NY and Western PA will have a new Home/Show to call theirs in the spring. Hope to see you in April.
    Cheers, Keith
    [quoted image]

Pinball and beer? Seems like a terrible idea!

#45 4 years ago

Destroy the Death Star!!

#46 4 years ago

If I can find one, would love to add either JP2 or Deadpool.

#47 4 years ago

funhouse restoration, paying for fishtales, attending pinballat the zoo, allentown, dayhuff's 12 hrs of pinball and pinball life party.

#48 4 years ago

I vowed last year to rid myself of so many project games and did so at Pinfest. But again stuff fell into my lap that you just can't pass up. so I find myself in the same situation with a couple project games I already owned, don't want and will resell when ready. But did land a grail game Flash Gordon, scored a hard top for it, so my winter projects are full. Strikes & Spares PF swap, FG hardtop install plus 2 Bally Playboys and a Gottlieb High Hand on hand and a Buccaneer coming in.

#49 4 years ago

I sold a LOT of pins last year.
    I’m looking to sell AND not buy. I’m about 15 pins too heavy at the moment.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Completing my wishlist.

I see Whoa Nelly on your wishlist. How about Pabst Can Crusher? I got one I would sell for a fair price here in FL

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-pinball-plans-in-2020?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.