Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Plans for pinball in 2020?”

• Adding newer titles 65 votes
      35%
    • Adding classic titles 40 votes
      22%
    • Out of space/ Perfect for now 43 votes
      23%
    • Going down one or more pins 38 votes
      20%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6 pins Dec2020 (resized).jpg
    6 pins Mar2020 (resized).jpg
    FD37AB28-7C20-4208-AE9B-F3417D297631 (resized).jpeg
    9559B175-213E-422B-BA02-47DC78C438E3 (resized).jpeg
    31D824D9-337C-489E-91F0-20CCA6006BC9 (resized).jpeg
    oktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).png
    Oktoberfest beer maid (resized).jpg
    ironmaiden-premium-front (resized).jpg
    20191215_143333 (resized).jpg
    Pin Brew Fest Poster_proof (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200102_110847[1145] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191229_194438[1147] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191228_100333[1146] (resized).jpg
    F6057071-1246-449C-899E-FC32FB1E80B8 (resized).jpeg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Find that Scared Stiff I wanted last year.

#52 4 years ago

1) Finish my game room
    2) Find a good cabinet for my Bally Playboy project so I can finish it!
    3) find a Bad Cats project

#53 4 years ago

Defying physics and attempt to add a couple more machines in a gameroom that is simply full.....

#54 4 years ago

I'm finally going to finish my STTNG playfield swap. This is the year! Did some work today on it and plan to do a little bit everyday.

20191215_143333 (resized).jpg20191215_143333 (resized).jpg

#55 4 years ago

No real plans to buy or sell. I have projects to do, but if bargains or something interesting pops up, I might get distracted. Let's see how much of this I get done.

Restore the Radical I picked up.

Build a Mystery Castle out of parts I've collected.

Code a new game / ruleset for Firepower.

Update my Firepower Duel to version 2.

#56 4 years ago

I have most the middle priced games I want that I can afford. Next I’d like to find my grail, in horrible condition. To do a major restoration, because I’ll never drop 6-7k on a game all at once.

#57 4 years ago

Need an option for selling current tiles owned for new or different ones

#58 4 years ago

I am selling my Avatar LE. Hopefully TBL will be taking its spot as I am on the list for one. If that doesn't work out, I would probably get Jurassic Park Premium, Willy Wonka LE or Cactus Canyon Remake, assuming that will be CGC's next game.

Also, I may be getting a non-working Hotdoggin' for free. That would be my first attempt at a restore and my first game made before 1991.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I sold a LOT of pins last year.
    I’m looking to sell AND not buy. I’m about 15 pins too heavy at the moment.

#60 4 years ago

Rick and Morty in September. Possibly an ACNC but my wife put me on a strict one in one out rule. Nothing I want to sell now.

#61 4 years ago

I don't have that many pins (just six) but they're all "bolted to the floor" and each one means something special to me personally (memories it evokes, not necessarily the actual physical machine that's in my collection in all cases.)

So my 2020 is going to consist of whittling down the backlog of mods I have but have not installed, keeping an eye out for any new mods of interest that might pop up for my games, and keeping an eye on the new releases in case there's something I absolutely have to have. I'm also going to start putting the pennies (OK: quarters) away for upgrading from standard glass to the better stuff. Probably do PDI glass 2 games at a time throughout the year.

Beyond that, I'll be watching for items of pinball ephemera and pinball-related decor, especially ones about any of the games in my collection.

That should be more than enough for me.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Build a Mystery Castle out of parts I've collected.

My Mystery Castle is in my office, which I can only fit 5 in there. What an awesome pin! If you need pics of anything to help let me know.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

My Mystery Castle is in my office, which I can only fit 5 in there. What an awesome pin! If you need pics of anything to help let me know.

Thanks for that! Probably won't need it, as I already have a Mystery Castle, ha. That one came with a spare playfield and ramp set. It seemed silly to have those sitting in a closet, so I bought a project Al's Garage and will use that to build the Mystery Castle.

I really like that game too, especially the audio package, would be great to have a fresh one!

#64 4 years ago

I just picked up a project Alien Poker, you can see that progress in the restore section here on the site . I would also like to do some updates on my firepower. Continue and participate in more tournaments this yr. Id also like to pick up a EM in good condition. Happy New Year.

#65 4 years ago

Selling my Lost World and Cyclone, maybe my Judge Dredd too.
    Want to add a LOTR to my collection this year.

Also I want to fix all little things that don't work/can work better on my current machines lol.
    Maybe put LEDs in my Whirlwind.

#66 4 years ago

I want to add a Funhouse, Whirlwind, or Pinbot

#67 4 years ago

1. Stop buying pinball machines
    2. Finally put carpet in the other half of my basement since I'm not spending all my money on machines
    3. Start buying pinball machines

#68 4 years ago

Love hearing about project and restores as I’m considering a dedicated detached game room.

For now, too many pins came in last year, its a one in/out situation in 2020.

Had a blast connecting and sharing with other local collectors last year. I’d encourage it, and look forward to more of it this year.

#69 4 years ago

I would like to open myself up to doing in home repairs on the side! I am currently in Graduate School and could use extra cash. Any recommendations on how I can attract clients possibly? I would just like to do a couple for fun (and to earn extra cash). I was considering maybe utilizing Facebook and posting on our local pinball page? I would have to create an account haha. Thanks!

#70 4 years ago

Got my grail (Jolly Park) last week, so will ideally take a break from buying for a bit. But if something local and cheap comes up.... Or if another hard to find wishlist machine comes up.... Project wise I have a Roller Coaster that needs some attention, so will hopefully focus on that soon. It's got a so-so paint job that I'm not thrilled with. The rest is real nice though.

I'd like to bring the Jolly Park to a show or two, but that thing is a bear to move, so we'll see. Might also bring my Spirit of 76 to Allentown for freelplay/possible sale.

#71 4 years ago

In terms of non-collection based pinball plans, the one thing that I would like to do is get out and network with the community more. Attend more shows, meet more people, shake hands, make new friends. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard, but I'm tired of that. Getting out more will give me an excuse to travel more often as well. Looking forward to 2020!

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

1. Stop buying pinball machines
    2. Finally put carpet in the other half of my basement since I'm not spending all my money on machines
    3. Start buying pinball machines

Ah shit. That lasted all of about 3 hours. I just bought another damn game.

#73 4 years ago

I'd really like to find more early to mid 1930's pins locally
    for an affordable price. Other than that, no room left unless
    a real good deal on a project (Gtb series 1 or 80)pin shows up.
    Steve

#74 4 years ago

Finish police force resto, unbox Wonka CE
    Any day now ! Unbox MMRRE when it arrives . Restore a Dolly, Fast Draw, Slugfest, Gold Strike , Go to Texas Show
    And see new GNR! Kingpin ! Then figure out my summer plans

#75 4 years ago

My goals? Building more custom projects and No more NIB

#76 4 years ago

Playing pinball is the extent of my “pinball plans”. Pinball is not something I give any long-term consideration to. When the time comes to trade, sell or buy a new game, then that’s the time.

#77 4 years ago

I am sure I will end up buying a newer machine, an older machine on my wishlist, and probably a project or two. I have no space for any of that so have been toying with the idea of an addition , maybe this will be the year.

#78 4 years ago

Pins I'm getting for sure:

-MMR Royal Edition

-Stranger Things LE

-Guns N Roses (new JJP) LE or collectors edition

Pins I may get:

-TBL, if more get made

-Alice Cooper

-Rick and Morty (I'm sure some spots will be sold when all the money is due)

-Willy Wonka

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If I can find one, would love to add either JP2 or Deadpool.

Same here! I’m leaning towards DP...I haven’t heard of playfield issues other than the standard Stern dimpling!

#80 4 years ago

Fix some of my project games that some how keep getting in the house and in the line to be fixed. Beat out the few kinks the working games seem to get. Use pinball money to fix whats on hand but know full well that there are games for sale out there and they always happen to be the games i want.

#81 4 years ago

Got this beauty on order.

ironmaiden-premium-front (resized).jpgironmaiden-premium-front (resized).jpg
    #82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

My 2020 pinball plan:
    1. Win lottery
    2. Quit job
    3. Build new (much bigger) game room
    4. Buy a crapton of new pinball machines

Stole my answer....

#83 4 years ago

Get one new game , get one old game . Booked solid for restoration type work 2020 and well into 2021.

#84 4 years ago

shop that damn unplayable shadow that's been sitting in my basement for 3 yrs now and then that nascar that's been there for 2! #backburners

#85 4 years ago

Work on getting the new pinball room up an going soon, maybe trade my Tspp for something different to mix it up a bit, hopefully work a deal on a Kiss or Aerosmith..

#86 4 years ago

My The Munsters PRO will be swapped with an Aerosmith PRO in two weeks. And "Stranger Things PRO" will arrive the end of the month.

I hope to start on restoring my "Whirlwind" and finish the restore of my "Fire!"
    Other than that my "Out Run" must be finished, "Track and Field" will go to a client of mine as a loaner, "Ms Pacman" will go to my pal's house as a loaner. And maybe, just maybe this year we will buy a new house where I get more space to fit all my machines.

#87 4 years ago

Fix and sell a handful of projects and then buy a scared stiff. Then keep the collection the same for a while. Maybe pick up 1 small project at a time

#88 4 years ago

buy more pins!

#89 4 years ago

My plan is spend less time working on machines and more time getting better at playing.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

shop that damn unplayable shadow that's been sitting in my basement for 3 yrs now and then that nascar that's been there for 2! #backburners

Or sell me the shadow....

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm finally going to finish my STTNG playfield swap. This is the year! Did some work today on it and plan to do a little bit everyday.
    [quoted image]

Replace those leds for "bendie" type leds! The way the leds are mounted at this moment only the inside of your cabinet is being lit.

#92 4 years ago

Acquiring an Oktoberfest game by the next Oktoberfest!

PROST!!!
    Oktoberfest beer maid (resized).jpgOktoberfest beer maid (resized).jpg
    oktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).pngoktoberfest-pinball-machine (resized).png

#93 4 years ago

Hoping to finish the restoration of my F-14!!!

#94 4 years ago

Buy less, sell more. Finish several EM projects including a "Pleasure Isle" and a rare "Speed Rush" and if the "Canada Dry" playfield ever gets made, convert that ratty "Target Alpha" to a "CD".

#95 4 years ago

Drill, drill, drill!

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Buy less, sell more. Finish several EM projects including a "Pleasure Isle" and a rare "Speed Rush" and if the "Canada Dry" playfield ever gets made, convert that ratty "Target Alpha" to a "CD".

So you're not ready to sell me the "Speed Rush" yet??? I think it really belongs in NJ or South Africa.

#97 4 years ago

In 2020 I will be filling my house with whatever overpriced monuments to the past the pinball industry shits out.

#98 4 years ago

May sell a bunch of arcades to fund a pin or two. Id like a st,met, or im.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

So you're not ready to sell me the "Speed Rush" yet??? I think it really belongs in NJ or South Africa.

Something always jumps in front of it. Since I've gotten it, all I've done is vacuumed out the cabinet and sealed the backglass. I'm going to look into having my spare "Top Card" cabinet painted for the "Speed Rush", but I'm sure no one has stencils for it.

#100 4 years ago

Stranger things pro on order

TMNT hopefully 2 one for location and one for home

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-pinball-plans-in-2020/page/2?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.