(Topic ID: 61927)

Your pinball collection or your marriage, which do you value more?

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metalpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

Wife for sure. She's my best friend, and like the guy above, I'll take my wife over the others I've seen out there.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That, and you've got 38 pinball machines. So I guess there wasn't much resistance there.
    So maybe I need a good looking wife, with a good paying job, that likes pinball, and I won't get too picky here- she can be anywhere from around 20 all the way up to about half my age.

Actually I've got 41. She couldn't care any less about pinball though. Never plays any of the games. She's never given me a hard time over any of my collecting habits. She says she knows I work hard and need hobbies and work distractions. At least she knows about my habits and they don't stray beyond our own roof. I've been collecting for years, but she's never questioned me once about how much pinball costs. I recently had full disclosure with her about how much the games are worth now. Wasn't keeping it from her, but she just never asked. We recently sent our oldest daughter off to college and have had to pay extensive medical bills for a knee surgery and physical therapy for her prior to going. I wanted my wife to know how much money I could come up with within a week if I needed to sell a couple of games. She couldn't believe it. I have some CQ games that have tripled in value in less than a decade. It turns out that it was a better investment than stocks or 401k's. She didn't mind the games before because they made me happy and gave me something to do. However, I think she now has more appreciation for those machines. She understands now that I could sell 4 of my top games and pay 4 years of tuition if I needed to. This is also a comforting thing to know since I have another kid starting college in a couple of years. When she found out the market value of my collection, she immediately began to worry if it was covered by insurance. Who knows, she might even start to play them eventually. After all, the only reason I bought TOM was because I thought maybe she'd play the "pretty" game. That didn't work, but maybe the WOZ with video and pretty lights will.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metalpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-pinball-collection-or-your-marriage-which-do-you-value-more?tu=Metalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.