(Topic ID: 61927)

Your pinball collection or your marriage, which do you value more?

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Was your then wife anti-pinball? That must have really crossed her wires.

My wife wasn't anti-pinball, though it wasn't really her thing either. We had a 3 bedroom house and she worked from home using the second bedroom as her office, so the 3rd bedroom which was where I had my one pinball machine at the time was the only space available. I moved my Swords of Fury out to the empty area in the kitchen which was where a kitchen table would go if we had one (we didn't). Later on at a garage sale she found a guy that had a Skylab and a BMX in a garage where they hadn't been touched for over 10 years and bought them both for $100 for me. The BMX had severe playfield wear and the CPU board had been destroyed by leaking batteries, and the Skylab only had 3 legs and the captive balls had been in there so long they had rusted, so I never got either of them to work, but I sold the BMX for $100 to someone that had been looking for one and was ok with the condition it was in, and I gave away the Skylab to a good home, also to someone who was fully aware of its poor condition.

Quoted from redman822:

Wow...now THAT_ had to be an interesting arrangement.

Heh. I haven't even told you the half of it. A full recounting would probably get me at least one tilt warning from someone. (-:

#102 6 years ago

Oops, dup post. My bad.

Post edited by Finrod : duplicated post

#103 6 years ago

Wife and kids are my life. I would kill for them no questions asked

Seriously, pinball is my free time and helps me breath. Sick world out there and you need hobbies.

When you find the right woman, who respects you for who you are you get to play with any toys you want. But that comes if you are a responsible and caring human being.

Going to Vegas next week with my single cousin and my brother in law. I must have been a very good boy cause so many co-workers told me : my wife would never allowed me. To tell you the truth I know why and can understand hahahaha

#104 6 years ago

My wife vs. any physical possession is a preposterous question.

#105 6 years ago

Pinball ia forever....marriage well....

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Heh. I haven't even told you the half of it. A full recounting would probably get me at least one tilt warning from someone.

No need. I kind of pictured it more something like this- Your wife said "Either those damn pinball machines gotta go or I'm going!" And you might have said " OK honey, their gone, but I'm letting my girfriend move in instead" But I do have a wild imagination.

#107 6 years ago

Wait, hold the fort- O-din-- you're not married?

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ninefingers:

Wait, hold the fort- O-din-- you're not married?

And that's a surprise? Oh, I had my chances, but I spent my youth just tossing them aside, like so many used pinball rubbers, and now that I am a little older I'm finding my choices of quality mates have been whittled down to slim to none. So I just keep on doing what I've always done. And maybe it's for the best.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No need. I kind of pictured it more something like this- Your wife said "Either those damn pinball machines gotta go or I'm going!" And you might have said " OK honey, their gone, but I'm letting my girlfriend move in instead" But I do have a wild imagination.

It was actually my then-wife's idea that she move in; after all, she didn't have to give up anything. And she wasn't my girlfriend when she moved in; that came later, with my wife's consent actually. Long TMI-laden story there, heh.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

It was actually my then-wife's idea that she move in

Sounds like you just went along for the ride, which sometimes is the best idea. Sometimes women really are looking out for our best interests, whether they realize it or not.

#111 6 years ago

I'm very happy with how things turned out, even though going through separation and divorce was painful. Nowadays instead of a bedroom with one pinball machine, I have a basement with five pins and my Gauntlet II, so life is good.

#112 6 years ago

This is the silliest question ever asked on this site....WOW.

How could anyone put this hobby of material things above their family??

Wife and family are more important than ANYTHING I own or could ever possibly own. Period.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

My wife...that's why I only have one. I'd like to have more, but she points out that unless we get rid of her stuff, we don't have space for them...

One wife or one pin?

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from redman822:

My wife...that's why I only have one. I'd like to have more, but she points out that unless we get rid of her stuff, we don't have space for them...

One wife or one pin?

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFan4Life:

This is the silliest question ever asked on this site....WOW.

For you maybe, but not everybody in this world grew up in a Leave it to Beaver household or is having an Ozzie and Harriet type love affair.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

It was actually my then-wife's idea that she move in; after all, she didn't have to give up anything. And she wasn't my girlfriend when she moved in; that came later, with my wife's consent actually. Long TMI-laden story there, heh.

That is a nice situation. only way it would be better, is if the girls were girlfriends and you got to have both. Just get a big bed and everyone is happy.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For you maybe, but not everybody in this world grew up in a Leave it to Beaver household or is having an Ozzie and Harriet type love affair.

And neither did I. But people will always be more important than any material objects.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFan4Life:

But people will always be more important than any material objects.

Agreed, and I'm sure all women believe this, too.

#120 6 years ago

Hi O-D,

Did you forget to include the little sarcasm or kidding emoticon at the end of your reply on your last post?

Cheers!

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Did you forget to include the little sarcasm or kidding emoticon at the end of your reply on your last post?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 85.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.25
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside