(Topic ID: 82849)

Your opinions on OHIO Show last weekend

By mikepin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    potc1.jpg
    st-pats-day-weatherjpg-8d53c30ba3861685.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

I had a great time at the show. My only real gripes were the inside temp (freezing on Thurs/Fri) and of course, the bathrooms. Maybe they were better than prior years, but still pretty rough.

Agreed on Fri-Sun. Thursday night is pretty dead and Saturday gets crowded just as the games are getting packed up. I think more people would travel if they could have a full Saturday and Sunday at the show.

Plus you could have tournament qualifying end Saturday night then start Sunday morning with the playoffs. It would be a lot cooler to have the final rounds of the tournament running when there's still a nice crowd there rather than having the finals in a completely empty room as the owner is trying to close up shop.

Here's what it looked like during the last couple rounds of the tournament, which ended around 11pm Saturday night.

potc1.jpgpotc1.jpg
    #27 10 years ago

Yeah, I get that a lot of the vendors have a long drive, but I don't think most of the crowd is there for parts. If so, they could shop Fri/Sat and enjoy more free play through Saturday night and Sunday.

I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons that Sunday hasn't been a part of the show, but I think it would get a lot more casual players in the door and make Saturday night pretty huge.

Of course, this is all subject to whatever works at the potential new venue for next year. Either way, I'd love to see the Ohio show get bigger and better and become more of a destination for people to travel. Thanks Mike, Marvin and Don for all the work you put in and opening up the discussion for improvements.

#84 10 years ago

Agreed that you can't force people to keep their games out according to a set schedule.

A Friday through Sunday show would be better for attendance and make for a bigger show overall. I don't see how taking Monday off work for vendors would be any different than taking Thursday off as it is now. Sunday would definitely have better attendance than a Thursday night.

#101 10 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Thursday is as much a workday as Monday. I also think the show should be fri/sat/sun. I would have went up, but had to work early on Friday and it wasn't worth the trip for Fri night and the "half-day" Saturday.

I think a lot of people are in this same boat. I personally take Friday off work because I live within an hour and want to make the most of the show, but I know that's not an option for many.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

ok we will probably do friday sat sunday weather we move or not POINTS MADE OK

Thanks for taking the feedback into consideration, Mike.

Looking forward to many more years of the show getting bigger and better.

4 months later
    #177 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

ok we will probably do friday sat sunday weather we move or not POINTS MADE OK

Disappointed to see it's still Thursday-Saturday. Was it an issue with the new location? Why didn't you switch to Fri-Sun?

#186 9 years ago

The old location was a 40 minute drive for me, and I always went for all 3 days. The new spot is a 1hour 20min drive each way. That definitely rules out Thursday, and it may not seem worth it if Saturday will still be wrapping up throughout the afternoon like usual. Bummer.

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from Orbian:

I can drive a little farther to Pittsburgh and play all the pins at PAPA

Plus the Ohio show is the weekend after PAPA (March 11-15). Makes it tough on the people who like to do both. I guess too many pinball events isn't a terrible problem to have, but not everyone can do back to back weekends like that.

#192 9 years ago

Very cool, Marvin. I remember you guys talking about two shows a year, but didn't realize it was coming together.

Just curious why you're sticking with the Thurs-Sat format for both shows though? I'd think attendance would be better if it was more of a weekend event.

#194 9 years ago

All night is a good move. It's fun seeing who can win sleep deprived games at 5am at Expo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinions-on-ohio-show-last-weekend?tu=sleethering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.