(Topic ID: 82849)

Your opinions on OHIO Show last weekend

By mikepin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    potc1.jpg
    st-pats-day-weatherjpg-8d53c30ba3861685.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

On the flip side, if someone is driving 4 hours and paying admission to attend the show for the day, that person expects games to be there and the show to be open.

If everyone brought games for 1 or 2 days, the show would be a disaster. Besides not having more than 1/2 the games going at any given time, the show would be a constant loading zone.

Hey if I go to a show, I bring my pin...I can only bring one, but its a good one! Unfortunately I can't get to the shows right at the setup day and through to the end of the last day...I have limited vacation days so I just can't take all the days off that I'd need....I would love to, but I can't. So I got there at 2:30 on Friday and left at 6PM SAT. I left then because the weather was coming and I didn't want to be driving really late and take a chance on the weather....would have stayed until 8 otherwise...oh and there is that other part....I have a life outside of pinball and a marriage. My wife actually likes to see me and spend SOME time with me so I left early enough to get home at a decent time to see her too. If people don't like it, tough luck. I do try to leave my pin there as long as possible, but sometimes life gets in the way....and I like to keep my wife happy too.....that's how I am able to get more pins and other fun hobby stuff!

As far as the show review...It was my first one in three years so I didn't have anything to base it off for a while. It seemed to be about the same amount of machines as the last time I was there, but I really think the weather scared a lot of people off. I know a lot of cincy people didn't go due to the weather forecast. I'm pretty laid back so the venue doesn't really bother me....the bathrooms were ok, but hey, I'm not in there all day so no big deal. I thought there were a good selection of vendors available and I liked the new tourney format. I will agree that if a game is set up in the free play area....set it on free play! I too found a lot that I wanted to play and didn't have credits on them...I just don't get that! Other than moving the show to a later date so the weather would be better, I think it was a pretty good show! Nice job Mike and Marvin!

Brian

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It's up to the show organizers really. If they're cool with it, then it's cool. If there are rules and you are breaking them, then it's not.
    If bringing a game is going to potentially damage your relationship with the wife, or affect your professional life, maybe don't bring a game? It sure sounds like the stakes are high for you.

REALLY???? So because I don't get enough vacation to use on all the shows and I have a loving wife that cares about me and enjoys spending time with me, I have high stakes and maybe shouldn't bring the one game that no one else is willing to bring to let everyone beat the crap out of........c'mon man! I'm done with this thread!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinions-on-ohio-show-last-weekend?tu=conester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.