(Topic ID: 82849)

Your opinions on OHIO Show last weekend

By mikepin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    potc1.jpg
    st-pats-day-weatherjpg-8d53c30ba3861685.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 10 years ago

This was my 2nd Ohio show and 1st Louisville show. I loved the ambience and setup of the Louisville show. Made it feel like an arcade. Low lighting with dance globes is kick ass! Louisville however had more of the nerdy types of booths/vendors.. Some still cool, but it is a pinball and arcade event. I could tell a big difference in the "pinhead" crowd vs. the game crowd. Louisville had a lot more of the "I am 40 and live in my parents basement types". Consoles are cool to see, but they had their place off to the side and in the other rooms. A HUGE PLUS for the cosplay girls in KY.

The ohio show time of year is fine, but the venue could be better, but still is fine for what it is used for. In Louisville we stayed at the venue hotel and it was definitely a dated late 70's early 80's design and had the atrium and pool areas had this eerie dawn of the dead feel, but it was all good. Honestly the ohio show would look a lot better if the building had a new set of ceiling tiles, carpet, and a fixed bathroom and some cool lighting.

That all being said as long as I have a dry roof and games regardless of venue it is fun, but gotta say I had probably double the fun at Louisville even though it was almost 40 minutes further away.

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

also, the louisville show is great as i mentioned before, but i personally do not like having the lights turned down to dark. you cant inspect a for sale game properly or see well to play pinball. also cant see parts for sale that well.
    video games in the dark is one thing but pinball in pitch black is very hard to play.

I thought that the Louisville lighting really makes it feel cool. The only games that were hard to play we're ones that were lit with ridiculous color schemes. I don't hardly think you could play the F-14 that was there in double the light. I didn't play EVERY single pin, but played prolly 75% of them and looked at all of them....not sure how many others were lit poorly. As far as seeing condition....a cell phone light or a flashlight should be in your "toolbox" always if you are looking to buy....and they sure help during setup time also.

#141 10 years ago

I don't like total darkness, but Louisville had enough light IMO to give great ambience and not hurt my eyes.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I will not attend a show that I have to pay to play per game.
    If the games were pay per paly, the show would have made about $6.00 off of me.

So...I take it you never have been to PAPA? It is pay to play and pretty awesome.

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

https://papa.org/
    Just a couple times a year.

Yea.. what he said. I'll definitely be going at least 1 time this year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinions-on-ohio-show-last-weekend?tu=bub2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.