2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Have both and they are very similar in a general sense. Both are fast, not a ton to shoot for, sold on theme, and have beginner, intermediate, and advance strategies.

I would ask yourself what you like better for each category and go from there.

Theme > SW wins for me
Shot layout > tied; both are fun to shoot. SW is uber fast but not much else. IM is just slightly slower but way more ball interaction
Toys > IM obviously wins with multiple magnets and monger
Code > SW is WAY too early to tell but it will feel like GoT for sure so if you liek that atyle of play then it wins. I think IM is probably the more well put together package and thus far Dwight has been un able to polish either GB or GoT so I give the edge to IM just because it is polished
Art > I think I would take IM again. SW art is a let down compared to what they could have done.

Aside from theme, I think IM wins for me personally. That may change in 6-12 months IF starwars code gets refined and polished. Reality is that even with both to compare in person it is way to early to make a good decision about any vs including SW.

#11 2 years ago

I will say that historcally BBH and IM were thought of as 'stripped down' Sterns. Comparing SW pro to IM makes me a little sad to see what stripped down has become.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Wow, I am kind of disappointed when I hear people indicating that SW is stripped down compared to IM

IM
2 flippers
2 slings
3 pops
2 magnets
3 spinners
1 big toy
1 kickback
2 ramps
13 standups

SW
2 flippers
2 slings
-2 pops and a kicker
-0 Magnets
-1 spinner
1 pf display instead of toy
1 scoop
2 ramps
+1 drop bank
-9 standups

SWpro is definately stripped back from IM

I count a total of 14 coils on IM
I count a total of 14 coils on SW but fairly under used relative to even IM (i.e. jiggle a toy on a sping vs a magnet to interact with the ball)

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol, love ya Hilton, know you just got screwed over by STERN with your SD card issue, but come on, definitely stripped back is an over statement.

nah, Stern took care of it. I dont like how it went down, but Stern did get it fixed pretty timely. I was just frustrated with the situation.

SW is the most stripped back game I have seen to date.

IM is a barron game and SW has less.

1 less pop bumper
2 less magnets
4 less standups

I wasnt trying to be dramatic. I was just counting up the actual comparison of componets in the game. SW is the most empty game I have seen to date.

#30 2 years ago

barron does not mean it can't be fun, btw

just counting up the parts and SW is lacking for sure.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If anything this is further proving your point that most STERN pinballs of late have been feature deprived. Which means we all lose.

that was my entire point.

IM used to be the standout as being an example of stripped. It is now joined by a bunch of naked friends

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No offense, but you are being a little dramatic because you're being selective with your components.

I have no idea what you are talking about...

I just counted the stuff and listed it out. What am I being selective about? It is not even really close to a discussion point... IM has way more to it then SW physically. That may be good for some people and bad for others, but either way IM has more stuff.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You left out the color changing inserts and GI. That's huge and does affect gameplay and overall aesthetics. In either case, dont matter to me; no skin off my nose.

we can put them on but they are a wash. Some like them and others dont. I personally am in the camp that the new LEDs suck. I dont need to be blinded for making a shot or starting a multiball. I know you a pro everything Stern, but I hope you can see that many people dont like all the new stuff they do and assume it is better just because it is new. The inability to tweak inserts as I see fit is a big negative also.

#56 2 years ago

Pretty sure they are using on board color changers much of the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside