Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm considering picking up an IM that is available, but I'm interested in Star Wars. I'm not sure if there are enough people that have played both at this point, but I'm interested in your opinions on IM vs. SW Pro.

#10 6 years ago

I appreciate the comments so far. I'm actually surprised that a few of you already have both! I'm a big fan of both themes. Star Wars would win out slightly from a theme standpoint. I have played IM ten to twenty times and like it a lot. It's brutal and fast, without feeling like I lose the ball in cheap annoying ways despite the magnets -- it does feel like a battle. I'm only an average player at best so I have not made it to wizard modes on most of the games I play. I only buy a game every few years and it generally will result in swapping out another game. I have a lot of personal nostalgia for my Cyclone as it is the game that introduced me to pinball, but it rarely gets played and may be the one on the chopping block. Other than that I have a nice Shrek, a mint POTC, and Avengers LE. While these games are not at the top of most peoples list, I particularly like Avengers. All of these themes are among my and my families favorites, so they are sticking around for a while yet.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say that historcally BBH and IM were thought of as 'stripped down' Sterns. Comparing SW pro to IM makes me a little sad to see what stripped down has become.

If I bought Star Wars, I would frankly probably go for the Premium. However, comparing IM to SW Premium seems inappropriate because 1.) No one has played it. 2.) The price is significantly different.

#20 6 years ago

Not that I'm a good player, but the trick is to hit Iron Monger a glancing blow rather than head-on. I haven't had too many STDM events off of Iron Monger.

#74 6 years ago

I got to play SW tonight and it so happened it was directly across from IM. I have to say my first impressions of SW were very positive. As I watched someone else play, I was surprise how good the LCD looked. I've seen AS and I have seen the videos of SW but it looked better in person than I expected. Also, when I look at the game in person, it doesn't looked any more "stripped down" than Star Trek (as the most similar comparison I would make) or IM (for purposes of this thread).

#75 6 years ago

I found the gameplay to be fast and furious similar to IM in some ways. I like how the ball gets stopped periodically by posts in the horshoe and left return. While it's not magnets stopping the ball ( and I like magnets), it felt like it created some interaction with the ball and it wasn't a complete non-stop flow fest. Also, for all the crap the tie fighter has taken, I thought it had good visual effectiveness. Maybe not quite as good of a bash toy as on some games, but I liked it. I don't think it deserves the bashing (pun) it's taking on Pinside.

#76 6 years ago

Only played 5 games on it. I'll get to play it again in 2 weeks. For similar money, I would probably lean towards SW right now because it is clearly the deeper game. I think IM may still give a slight more adrenaline rush, but I have a small collection and may want the fast but deeper game. I could also see my family having fun picking the different characters as we play against each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinion-iron-man-vs-star-wars-pro?tu=tbanthony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.