Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I have a GOTLE and an IMVE. Just played Star Wars Pro yesterday and it feels like GOT got down with IM and made a baby. Super fast and furious with what is looking to be great code for the analytical player. I love my Iron Man to death, but the rules are quite stale, linear and can be very boring. Game play, audio and the Iron Monger fun factor make up for it though.

IMO, Star Wars has the one thing that Iron Man lacks - that depth factor with the rules - even with the launch code. Some people complain that there's "nothing to do" in Star Wars, but quite frankly I see a lot: 12 normal modes, 4 mini wizard modes, hyperspace hurry ups, escape Boba Fett Mini mode, the FORCE target advancements (yet to be coded?), the jedi training, Tie Fighter advancement, changeable shot multipliers, 9? total multiballs, etc. etc. Iron Man has the Iron Man scoring, Drones that are only really useful for lighting War Machine Multiball, Whiplash multiball, Iron Monger, We got a bogie, lame-o super pops, and then arguably one wizard mode, Jericho (as Do or Die Multiball is even harder to get to than Valinor).

If you're really torn between the two, I'd pick based on theme because that's what is going to draw you in and make you really excited about it.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

IM is freaking stacked with features and mechanisms compared to SW. Not even close.

By "freaking stacked" do you mean it is about on par with each other? Again, I love Iron Man to death, it's never leaving my line-up, but can we give a little credit where credit is due?

Iron man: two cheap ass figurines (Whiplash and War Machine, a target that comes up out of the playfield, two magnets, a kickback, 13 stationary targets, and one active ball stop.

Star Wars: One large cheap toy (that lights up and interacts based on game play - Death Star), tie fighter toy (arguably interactive), FOUR shots that lead to active ball stops, FIVE drop targets, 9 stationary targets, etc.

Star Wars is definitely on the stripped side, can't deny that. Just saying it's frustrating reading this sky is falling attitude and over exaggeration. bunch of middle truths and alternative facts.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

SWpro is definately stripped back from IM
I count a total of 14 coils on IM
I count a total of 14 coils on SW

Lol, love ya Hilton, know you just got screwed over by STERN with your SD card issue, but come on, definitely stripped back is an over statement.

#27 6 years ago

Besides, it's up for debate on how many players actually like things randomly fucking their game up. Personally I want to be punished when I miss a shot, not by random bad luck due to when a coil pulses. Personal taste...

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

SW is the most empty game I have seen to date.

Really, most empty game to date? What about GOT Pro? It's not like Aerosmith, Kiss, and a handful of other recent releases are rolling in features either.

Pops, Slings, Flippers: IM = GOT Pro

Targets: IM 13 > Got Pro 11

Kick Back: IM = Got Pro

Magnets: IM 2 > Got Pro 0

Shots (not specific target shots): IM 6 > Got Pro 5

Playfield Toys: IM 3 > Got Pro 2 (if you count the afterthought of the throne that was randomly placed levitating in the back corner)

(To be fair, GOT Pro has the physical ball lock and a few RGB inserts that are hard to compare directly with IM).

Anyway, sorry for beating a dead horse. If anything this is further proving your point that most STERN pinballs of late have been feature deprived. Which means we all lose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinion-iron-man-vs-star-wars-pro?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.